We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Should legislators be required to hold WA membership in TSP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
21.43%
3 21.43%
No
78.57%
11 78.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Discussion] Legislators and WA membership

The topic of limiting legislator-status to those nations who hold WA membership the TSP was broached yesterday in the Legislators Lounge.

It is a subject which I believe merits further discussion and I'm quite curious to hear where people stand on this.

I'm for it. But what does it mean for anyone who likes R&D? Doesn't it limit that side of things?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Amerion

(10-28-2018, 12:02 AM)Beepee Wrote: I'm for it. But what does it mean for anyone who likes R&D? Doesn't it limit that side of things?

I suppose that will depend on which organisation/region you R/D for.

I'll use The East Pacific as an example as they've limited membership to their legislature. The Standing Orders of the Magisterium (their version of our Assembly) allows for classified disclosure of your WA nation if it is serving in the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army.

With that being said, if you R/D elsewhere, this may very well restrict your activities.

I disagree. This would prevent any of our pilers or active soldiers from retaining Legislator status and would also prevent our Legislator's from participating in the WA in any region other than TSP. this would undoubtedly lower Legislator numbers, making it harder for new players to get involved in TSP politics.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo
[-] The following 5 users Like The Serres Republic's post:
  • Amerion, Rebeltopia, Ryccia, The Sakhalinsk Empire, USoVietnam

I remember we talked about this a lot in the past and it always got shot down.
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 1 user Likes USoVietnam's post:
  • Amerion

(10-28-2018, 03:39 AM)The Serres Republic Wrote: I disagree. This would prevent any of our pilers or active soldiers from retaining Legislator status and would also prevent our Legislator's from participating in the WA in any region other than TSP. this would undoubtedly lower Legislator numbers, making it harder for new players to get involved in TSP politics.

No it wouldn’t. Every single region that does this has exceptions for military WAs.
[-] The following 2 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Amerion, Somyrion

Two words:

Heck no.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryccia's post:
  • Amerion

So, I'm somewhat indifferent here.

While, in the past, I've always been against this — and that was my knee-jerk reaction here as well — we do require WA nations to note in LC and Delegate elections.  Would this be that different?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • Amerion

USoVietnam Wrote:I remember we talked about this a lot in the past and it always got shot down.

Given that the poll result is currently 3-9, with a majority in opposition, I suspect that this will be another instance of that.

Tsunamy Wrote:While, in the past, I've always been against this — and that was my knee-jerk reaction here as well — we do require WA nations to note in LC and Delegate elections. Would this be that different?

There are currently 793 WA nations residing in TSP. If we were to recruit a mere 10% of that population into the legislature, we would be in a very advantageous position.

While this is not a slight against those with WA membership elsewhere, I am inclined to believe that holding membership means a person is more likely to be devoted to a region and partial to meaningful contribution.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Somyrion

I’d be interested in hearing more of the reasons those who voted against have for doing so.

It’s not like we have a dearth of home-grown, WA-in-TSP nations to recruit to the assembly so we need to get people from outside who have other involvements already. As Amerion said, we have over seven hundred.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Somyrion's post:
  • Pronoun