We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint vs Amerion
Tongue 
Your Honourable Justices,

I sadly come before you today to raise an allegation of bribery within the South Pacific legislature and to present the following case for judgement of the court.

I, firstly, draw your Honourable Justices attention to the Criminal Code, Part 1, Section 8 - Bribery:

"Bribery shall be defined as the receiving or offering of undue patronage by or to any individual in order to influence behavior that the recipient would otherwise not alter."

To your Honourable Justices, I present the following evidence (Item A)

[Image: pSEoKUj.jpg]

The evidence, at Item A, clearly shows that @Amerion has attempted to bribe the legislature by the offer of cookies for completing a coalition questionnaire.

It is particular concerning considering that questions within the questionnaire asked legislators as to their opinion on Amerion.

This is, I am confident the Justices will find, a clear attempt to influence the legislators to obtain an improved rating in the questionnaire.

Your Honourable Justices I present the following evidence (Item B):

[Image: 12UchU3.jpg]

The evidence clearly shows that Amerion provided the inducement, of this there is no question.

It is clear from the responses of the legislators that cookies were expected and cookies were not given.

Your Honourable Justices will no doubt be concerned at the ease of which so many legislators were bribed.

I hereby respectfully ask the Honourable Justices to find Amerion guilty of Bribery under the Criminal Code and ask that suitable punishment of your discretion is provided.
[-] The following 10 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Amerion, Goverwal, Lily Pad, North Prarie, Poppy, Pronoun, Rebeltopia, Ryccia, Seraph, Volaworand

I fully support the prosecution in this case. Cookies should never be used as an item of bribery. Cookies are too precious.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 9 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Aga, Amerion, Beepee, Goverwal, Lily Pad, Poppy, Ryccia, Seraph, Volaworand

[Image: tumblr_loekya4vCP1qjj2ado1_400-1440611459.gif]
Sir. Lawyerly McDouseldoff

Your Honourable Justices,

I am Sir. Lawyerly McDouseldoff of the great firm of all things lawyerly, McDouseldoff and Associates.

His Majesty, the Magnificent Supreme Leader of Earth, King of Kings, Democratic President and Prime-Minister-For-Life, Invincible and All-Triumphant Commander, Chief Ophthalmologist and board-certified OB-GYN, Brilliant Genius of Humanity, Noble Prize winner in everything, and Benevolent Oppressor and Ruthless Protector of the Expendable People of Amerion, Admiral-General Stewie G., has found it proper to honour me with the task of his representation in these farcical legal proceedings.

The key complaint here is that his Holiness could not fulfil his promise in delivering a cookie of the respondent's choice upon their completion of recent Assembly survey. A survey, which, I might add, was a tremendous success. A truly great success. A lot of people don't talk about it because of the lamestream media but we know, we know the truth. It was something no one has ever seen done before but when we did it, everyone was very shocked that it could be done. But we did it. We did it.

Anyways, where was I ... Ah yes! The survey! Well, the survey was done very well but while his Royal plush bottom wished to bestow the gift upon the respondents, he could not! For, you see, those dreaded workers at the Cookie and Goodie thingy-mabob went on strike! Terrible! Terrible people. Truly the worse. But because they went on strike, his Most Empathetic Person could not deliver on his promise.

Ergo, we seek a dismissal of this case by your Honourable Justices with such beautiful families and grand stately homes which just so happen to be made out of wood ...
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Roavin

Guys we need to take the Court seriously. There's quite a bit of hot water regarding the LC elections; no time for moot cases
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy

Hi sakh. This was posted before all hell broke loose, and will likely be used as a training case (I'd imagine). It's clearly flagged as a mock trial with the smiley! Angel
[-] The following 3 users Like Beepee's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Rebeltopia, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(11-26-2018, 08:26 AM)Beepee Wrote: Hi sakh. This was posted before all hell broke loose, and will likely be used as a training case (I'd imagine). It's clearly flagged as a mock trial with the smiley! Angel

Honestly, I haven't noticed that till now. Sorry  Sad
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 3 users Like The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Beepee, New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, North Prarie