We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[NOTICE] Correction to the Elections Act

@Qaweritoyu pointed out an error in the latest amendments to the Elections Act. Specifically:

Elections Act, Article 2, Section 3 Wrote:(3) Voters will have the option to cast their privately vote using a secret ballot. The method of private voting will be selected by the Election Commission. The method must utilize an unaffiliated account or server, with the method and all votes remaining available for audit. Named ballots are not to be released under any circumstances.

Given the Chair's powers to correct such errors, I am presenting this proposal to the Assembly for a three day consultation period, as per the Legislative Procedure Act.[1] After which, if there are no substantial objections, I will amend the Act to strike 'privately' from the text.

Proposed correction to the Elections Act Wrote:(3) Voters will have the option to cast their privately vote using a secret ballot. The method of private voting will be selected by the Election Commission. The method must utilize an unaffiliated account or server, with the method and all votes remaining available for audit. Named ballots are not to be released under any circumstances.

[1] Legislative Procedure Act, Article 2. Powers and Responsibilities of the Chair, Section 4, stipulates: ‘The Chair may correct typographical errors, grammatical errors, or formatting inconsistencies at any time, as long as these corrections do not alter the original intent of the law, following a three day period in which the corrections are presented to the assembly for comments. Any such corrections must be recorded with the legislative history of each law.’
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Pronoun, Rebeltopia

I have no objections, Chairman.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Me neither. It's just a grammar error, that's all
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

Legislators,

Please be advised that the correction to Article 2 of the Elections Act has taken effect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Beepee