We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Day 15 - Christmas weather

Who doesn't love a good discussion about the weather? Wait, what do you mean "anybody who's not British"? Oh well, we're having this discussion anyway!

Christmas, for most of us, is a time of cold weather and short nights; many of us will even get snow. However, there are some people in... *shudders* the South, for whom Christmas falls in the summer. So, here are a few starter questions for this thread.

What sort of weather do you get at Christmas? Is it summer or winter for you? Would you prefer it if it was the other way around?
Do you get snow? Love it? Hate it? Wish you got it more often?

For me in the UK, our weather is usually drizzle and generic coldness. It snows usually once or twice in winter, though we've had more snow in spring in recent years. Frankly, that's enough snow for me. It's cold and wet and I don't like it.
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Pencil Sharpeners's post:
  • Asia and Pacific, Lyss, Seraph

(12-15-2018, 04:18 PM)Pencil Sharpeners Wrote: Who doesn't love a good discussion about the weather? Wait, what do you mean "anybody who's not British"? Oh well, we're having this discussion anyway!

Christmas, for most of us, is a time of cold weather and short nights; many of us will even get snow. However, there are some people in... *shudders* the South, for whom Christmas falls in the summer. So, here are a few starter questions for this thread.

What sort of weather do you get at Christmas? Is it summer or winter for you? Would you prefer it if it was the other way around?

For me in the UK, our weather is usually drizzle and generic coldness. It snows usually once or twice in winter, though we've had more snow in spring in recent years. Frankly, that's enough snow for me. It's cold and wet and I don't like it.

To be fair, even when I lived in Scotland, i think we only had snow at Christmas once or twice.

The Christmas of 2010 was incredible. I remember walking to church that morning through thick snow and taking panoramic snaps with my new digital camera (I didn't know my phone would render it obsolete in a couple of years).

Now that I live in the South West, I'll be surprised if Christmas is anything other than wet.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Rebeltopia

(12-15-2018, 04:18 PM)Pencil Sharpeners Wrote: Who doesn't love a good discussion about the weather? Wait, what do you mean "anybody who's not British"? Oh well, we're having this discussion anyway!

For me, it's always cold. 
Cold, wet, rainy, snowy, anything in the stereotypes of Christmas weather I'd probably experienced. And it's never changed, either. 
For once I'm actually glad to be accustomed to this cool weather. Not many do.

In India, The weather is cold in Christmas. Snow depends on which region are you living. If you are living in Northern or North-Eastern Region you will experience snow and drizzle but where i live there is no snow, the weather is cold, breezy and foggy.
Former Cabinet Advisor
Former Minister of Military Affairs
Proud Citizen and Legislator of the South Pacific.
Nation in the South Pacific- Asia and Pacific.
Soldier in the South Pacific Special Force.

So, as many of you know, Christmas time in summer is the way it is down under but the mood's the same.

Last christmas, (i gave you my heart) it was a sunny 42°C... for those in America or in old money that's about 107°F. Sometimes we have Christmas in the sand... but last year we just cranked the air conditioning up and stayed indoors.

I used to live in Scotland, where (baby) its cold outside. I've had a few white Christmases. There was a really snowy Christmas I remember as a child where we had about 1m of snow leading up to and on Christmas Day.

Growing up in the north, being in the heat for Christmas is still unusual for me and but I still enjoy the sun and warmth.
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Rebeltopia, Seraph

I live in "the driest part of the UK" meaning that it very rarely snows (welcome to Cambridgeshire) and occasionally rains.

For most of the year, the weather is the same, the only time it really changes is at summer when there are much fewer clouds. 

At Christmas, like the rest of the year, its either sunny with no clouds, or completely overcast (so that the sky is completely grey) with no rain (although occasionally it drizzles for a couple seconds, and on some days, drizzles for 20 minutes)

Note: We are not a desert.
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jebediah's post:
  • Seraph

Here in Peru summer is finally starting to come in full force. It's awful, especially because I'm a winter person.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Beepee, Rebeltopia

(12-16-2018, 08:57 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Here in Peru summer is finally starting to come in full force. It's awful, especially because I'm a winter person.
(Northern) Canada sounds like a great place for you! I wish I lived there, myself!!

In the southern Mid-Atlantic region of the US, it's usually cold (rarely snowy, though) in late December. Most of our snow is mid-January thru early March. This week, it'll be 50s & 60s. More spring than winter...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Beepee, Kris Kringle

(12-17-2018, 12:04 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 08:57 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Here in Peru summer is finally starting to come in full force. It's awful, especially because I'm a winter person.
(Northern) Canada sounds like a great place for you! I wish I lived there, myself!!

In the southern Mid-Atlantic region of the US, it's usually cold (rarely snowy, though) in late December. Most of our snow is mid-January thru early March. This week, it'll be 50s & 60s. More spring than winter...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk 

"50s & 60s" don't sound like spring... they sound like India
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Beepee

sorry. 50-60s F Tounge

I know... Silly Americans Tounge
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium