We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

South Pacific Consulate

[Image: south_pacific__307921.png]

Official TSP Consulate of South Pacific
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

Thank you very much Minister Somyrion! I am WA Delegate Mysterious Wonder. My mission for SP is to grow diplomatically, and share the incredible experiences we can have with each other's regions. My work started in The East Pacific as the Minister of Foreign Affairs. In that position, I learned the importance of professional diplomatic practices, and met incredible people along the way. When my predecessor said he was going to retire, I took this once and lifetime opportunity to lead this historic region. SP is excited to be on board! Here's a toast to a long, and healthy friendship!
[-] The following 2 users Like Wonder Woman's post:
  • Somyrion, Volaworand

South Pacific has an official forum! Here is the link to your consulate http://southpacific.boards.net/thread/6/...-consulate

Hello TSP,

Our region has been busy with projects. We officially have a news website that records all of our important events, and things. The region is focusing on recruitment, rebranding our WA Ministry, and the Foreign Affairs Ministry continues to blaze! We are excited to be working with you, and I want to congratulate your new elected Delegate!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wonder Woman's post:
  • Somyrion

TSP,

SP continues to grow in size. The month of January was pretty much continuing with building new relationships, establishing more endorsements, and we will pass our first GA proposal under this administration. While my administration had had a difficult couple of weeks, we have settled back into our rhythm. We are excited to be meeting with your region soon!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wonder Woman's post:
  • Roavin

[div style="text-align:center;"]South Pacific Monthly Update

[div style="text-align:left;"]WA Delegate: Mysterious Wonder 

WA Delegate, Mysterious Wonder, introduced the Ambassadorship Work Program. Her intentions are to double the size of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As South Pacific has doubled under her Delegacy, many regions are interested in establishing relations with the region. Having Ambassadors will relieve pressure on her and the Foreign Affairs staff. The program is scheduled to be opened up in March.

[div style="text-align:center;"]WA Affairs 
[div style="text-align:left;"]
This month, newly Deputy Minister Maowi passed a GA resolution called, Defending The Rights of Sexual, and Gender Minority’s. There are rumors that Maowi will eventually be the new Minister of the World Assembly after passing this resolution. Mysterious Wonder said, “This resolution is an incredible piece of legislation. Maowi worked extremely hard, and I couldn’t be more proud!”
This was the first resolution passed under the current administration.

[div style="text-align:center;"]Endorsement Caps on the Rise

[div style="text-align:left;"]The Endorsement Cap has risen again. On February 23, 2019, WA Delegate, Mysterious Wonder signed an executive order to raise the endorsement caps to the following. Vice Delegate 18, Nations endorsing the Delegate 12, and nations not endorsing the Delegate 3. She says it will create competitivity, and will spark an interest in the WA Ministry. This is the third time it has risen under her Delegacy. 

[div style="text-align:center;"]The South Pacific is expected to meet South Pacific 
[/div][/div][/div][/div]South Pacific WA Delegate, and her staff are preparing to meet with The South Pacific. TSP is finished with elections, and has expressed interest in meeting with Mysterious Wonder and her team. The date of this meeting is still being decided on.

[div style="text-align:center;"]Mysterious Wonder condemns CrystalSummer 
Mysterious Wonder shocked The Free Nations Region officials when she ordered the closure of the embassy. She stated that she would not have an embassy with a region who’s founder who tried to coup her region’s government over the summer of 2018. It’s her first hard stance since taking office.

[div style="text-align:center;"]Vice Delegate brings new Games to town
Vice Delegate, Holly United, is bringing Civilization RP to South Pacific. Originally scheduled to be apart of Salem, it was changed after Mysterious Wonder said she could not handle running both regions. It’s not clear whether she will return to Salem or TEP after she is done with her Delegacy. She did say she hoped this RP would create another interest here in the region.[/div][/div][/div][/div]

[/div][/div][/div][/div]
[-] The following 2 users Like Wonder Woman's post:
  • Roavin, Volaworand

Hello peeps!
Welcome to South Pacific’s first ever regional report. I’m sure you must all be so incredibly excited about this. Since there isn’t a prior report to mark the start of the timescale of this one, I’ll just include all the events of note that I feel happened recently enough to merit entry into this.

A couple months back, we introduced the latest revision of the Constitution, in which a number of articles were improved, and two whole new articles added. Voted into law at the end of July, it marks the latest form of the constitution, which was first created by former delegate Lingang over four years ago, but was first introduced as law under a year ago by former (shamed) delegate Mysterious Wonder, a.k.a. Crystalsummer.  This latest revision ties up a number of loose threads, which is vital considering it’s the only legal document in effect in the region. The constitution may be found here.

Shortly after the passing of the revised constitution, we held a flag competition. South Pacific’s regional flag was at that time being flaunted by Crystalsummer’s puppets, and, considering we were trying to distance ourselves from him, it was decided to hold an event in an effort to get members of the region to both design and choose SP’s new flag. A total of seven entries were submitted, and although the votes were fairly evenly spread, Johanneslanden’s entry won the competition, providing the region with the glorious flag it displays today.

South Pacific also recently signed the first inter-regional treaty in its history: the Treaty of Friendship, made with Aukumnian Imperium. The treaty, which may be viewed here, was designed to promote closer ties between the two regions. It was in place for just under a week, until it was declared null and void by delegate Johanneslanden following the disintegration of Aukumnian Imperium into two unofficial successor states. South Pacific will be attempting to build up relations with these successor states to the same level as it formerly enjoyed with Aukumnian Imperium.

And, finally, N-Day. The region was unsure of its plans for N-Day right up until around two days before. The faction, Bikini Bottom (whose beautiful name was provided by the eloquent Vice-Delegate The lepearchauns), held only around eight individual members, but, with the aid of the puppet armies of Lep and Panther, held its own for at least the first two hours. Later in the day, South Pacific’s N-Day turned into a war against the faction ANAL, which was sheltering the supremely wicked and treacherous former delegate Densaner, who harassed the forces of Bikini Bottom in what is now recounted in hushed tones to younglings in the region as “the Great Betrayal”. Despite losing the majority of its forces in the fierce fighting that ensued, the menacing traitor was at last destroyed by the ancient puppets of Lep, thereby allowing Bikini Bottom to claim victory over ANAL. Although Bikini Bottom was later steamrollered by Canopy Command, the destruction of the diabolical Densaner allowed the region to celebrate its victory once the apocalypse was over. Following the event, Ducktator Johanneslanden created South Pacific’s first award, the Golden Bikini, which was given to all who contributed to the region’s N-Day. A brief description of each member’s activities in the faction, compiled by Panther, may be viewed here.

In a more serious afternote, I would like to use this report to help draw attention to my wonderful MoFA, Holly United’s latest dispatch. Holly’s recently gone on temporary leave from my government for personal reasons following his Aunt’s suicide (hence why it’s me writing this report, not Holly). He has written a dispatch concerning the subject of suicide, and had asked that I pin it to South Pacific’s WFE. Therefore, I want to provide a link to that dispatch here.

This month’s report was written by Johanneslanden, with contribution from Maowi.
Guardian of the Cheese, Destroyer of furniture, Scourge of mice.

By "first ever", I'm not including crystalsummer's one :p

February 2020

The major event marking the beginning of this term was probably the region’s brief and farcical flirtation with Communism.

The first sparks of revolution occurred not long after N-Day, and some say the turbulence of those days following the nuclear devastation was likely the casus belli of the event. Others say it was but the accidental stroke of the pen by our esteemed World Assembly Minister.

Whatever the case, the pitchforks came out and banners were raised and paeans to the worker were being sung in the streets.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1150195

The culminating event occurred when our World Assembly Delegate succumbed to the enthusiastic pressure of the citizenry and raised the flag of the revolution to fly over the region:

https://i.imgur.com/ue6UubT.png

Soon after, folks grew bored of this little diversion, and the region returned to its regularly scheduled programming. (However, some in the region still think back wistfully on the occasion…)

The Regional Map Project was revived, with new additions spurred by renewed interest:

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=holl...id=1137917

December saw new elections in South Pacific for the delegacy. A long-standing resident and former delegate ran against our incumbent, with the result being another term for the sitting delegate.

The rest of December involved the holidays. Gifts were exchanged, well-wishes were made, and good cheer was spread, accordingly.

In January, a series of alterations were proposed to the Constitution of South Pacific. Those passed thus far have involved delegate-suppression of posts to the Regional Message Board, as well as embassy and treaty requirements. Still on the agenda for vote are changes to election protocols and regional emergency provisions.

February saw our esteemed and communist-sympathizing World Assembly Minister successfully pass their second General Assembly Resolution – for which we as a region are quite proud:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pas.../council=1

Featured Selection from our Culture Minister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1gDSao...e=youtu.be

Featured Holiday Limerick:

In the North there once stood a Pole
Past which Santa just happened to stroll
Large crowds of elves
Threw money and yelled
While his Missus did dance and cajole

World Assembly Voting Information

This month's report written by Panther.

The elephant in the room weighing upon the region (and indeed every region and its members) is the outbreak of covid-19 in our world. It hangs over every Regional Message Board post and discussion on the forums. These are unsettling times, filled with much uncertainty, and they are reflected in much of the activity occurring not only in our region but across NationStates. But it is a comfort to have a place to talk with one another, and to share our stories, when so many of us are isolated from such comforts in the real world. It is a comfort to be among friends.

Events in the real world have forced some prominent members of the region to step down, resulting in many new appointments to Regional Officer positions and ambassadorships. The region has been fortunate to have a talented pool from which to draw upon and fill these vacancies.

Our long-standing Minister of Foreign Affairs, Holly United, was compelled to step down temporarily, and Deputy MoFA Panther has since filled the role as interim Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Esteemed Customs Minister and World Assembly Minister, Maowi, regrettably took a more decisive step back from NationStates, with her positions being filled by Panther and NorgiestoileckylockJ, respectively. Although we are pleased with those that have stepped forward to accept the duties vacated, we will all be feeling her absence for some time.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1320063

Killiningo came aboard as Deputy Culture Minister, collaborating on promising new ideas with Culture Minister A Down and Dusky Blonde.

The new month opened with the latest iteration of an April Fool’s event: the 2020 Election for WA Secretary General. The flurry of activity spurred by this event around NationStates has also touched our little region. Long-time resident The lepearchauns has thrown his hat into the race, and we in the region wish him best in the grueling campaign that will surely follow.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=601508

Featured Limerick (courtesy of Noxious Air)

There was a young lady named Mabel,
So ready, so willing, so able,
And so full of spice
She could name her own price--
Now Mabel's all wrapped up in sable.

This month's report written by Panther
[-] The following 2 users Like Felis Silvestris Grampia's post:
  • Daytime to Night, Omega