We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Day 23 - New Year's Resolutions

It's New Year's resolution time! The time of year where you half-heartedly decide to do something you don't want to for a couple of months, before giving up.

So, what resolutions do you have planned for next year, and do you think you'll be able to succeed?
How did you do with last year's resolutions (if you set any)?

In last years thread I said that my resolution was to eat less healthily this year. I reckon I failed (probably due to graduating Uni and moving back home...), which is... good. Such was the genius of my resolution.

In a similar vein, this year my resolution is to get fired from my job. Regardless of what happens, I can consider it a success of some kind!
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pencil Sharpeners's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee

Not exactly a New Years resolution, but yesterday I kinda resolved to commit fully to the Church of England's discernment process for those considering Ordination (that is, becoming a priest [and almost certainly a parish vicar]). So far I've only been exploring it in a very tentative, 'I wonder if this is what God wants for me' and 'could this really be right for me' sort of way, but I've decided that, though I do not know what the outcome might be, this is the path I have been set upon and I am eager to walk it as far as I can.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 3 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Pencil Sharpeners

My New Years Resolution, as far as NS is concerned, is to build a magnificent database of TSP after I finish as Chair. I've been meaning to do so since October but alas, I'm lazy Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Beepee

(12-23-2018, 05:59 PM)Seraph Wrote: Not exactly a New Years resolution, but yesterday I kinda resolved to commit fully to the Church of England's discernment process for those considering Ordination (that is, becoming a priest [and almost certainly a parish vicar]). So far I've only been exploring it in a very tentative, 'I wonder if this is what God wants for me' and 'could this really be right for me' sort of way, but I've decided that, though I do not know what the outcome might be, this is the path I have been set upon and I am eager to walk it as far as I can.

That's wonderful. I wish you all the best as you determine whether the ministry is the right path for you Smile
Former Associate Justice of the High Court of the South Pacific (4 December 2019 to 5 February 2021)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nat's post:
  • Beepee, Seraph

Here are some of my resolutions (in no particular order):
  1. Learn Python
  2. Take a COBIT and/or PMP certification
  3. Do more exercise regularly, aside from my playing tennis.
  4. Seek out more IT-related projects, to better focus my career line at work.
  5. Properly keep the friendships that I developed or strengthened in 2018 (I tend to be good at slacking off on friendships).
  6. Reach a B2-C1 level in Italian.
  7. Finish the Court website.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Beepee