We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resident Spotlight: Torchwood

I invited the outspoken Torchwood to meet me in Government House to talk about his experience in NationStates and the South Pacific, and to know more about what he would do in the Delegate's seat.

1. How did you learn about NationStates? What made you stick around?

Back around 2007 I was pretty bored. I randomly got the urge to look up nation simulators, and so I found Nationstates. The issues were interesting at first, but I really only stuck around afterwards when I was invited to live in Capitalist Paradise. It was and still is a pretty cool region. Much more bureaucratic now though.

2. What made you come to the South Pacific? Or if your nation was born here, what made you stay in the region?

I originally came here from The Genesis Corporation when one of our members went rouge. He moved to TSP, and I sat TW 18 here to monitor him. He eventually CTE'd but I left my nation here out of laziness. It wasn't until the coup that I ever became active within the region's community. Something I'm very glad I did. Between the discussion and games I found myself inclined to keep checking in every time I was on the ole terminal.

Coups always seem to encourage people to get involved in the region. I for one would have CTEd if it wasn't for the coup.

3. What do you like the most about being a resident of the South Pacific?

Definitely Curly. Something about reading Three Stooges quotes makes me feel warm inside.
The democracy and activity are pretty nice too eh.

Curly really is awesome, isn't he? He was also the first South Pacifican to be ever Spotlighted!

4. Do you have any interests outside of NationStates?

Well of course. I love my share of music, most of it older. Movies, I like those older too. Cars...Once again older. See a pattern?
Other than my obsession with the past I love playing the games of the present. Halo and Fallout being my particulars.
I also hunt from time to time, and I know my way around a few instruments.

Old things FTW! Tounge

5. What is the significance behind your nation name?

It's the name of a show/organization from Doctor Who that fights aliens. What else can I say? I'm a Jack Harkness fan.

Oh, I'm sure Unibot would love to discuss Doctor Who with you. He's a huge fan I hear.

6. If you were Delegate for a day, what would you do?

Abolish the Caek/Cake nonsense, and place pies back in their rightful place. Have the region covered in glowsticks. And...Erm...Take a ride in the Delegate's Jet. I've always wanted to do that.

*gasps* I have a jet?!
What, what do you mean by "cake nonsense"?

7. What is your favourite book/movie/song/game?

Favorite movie is a tough one...I'd say Back To The Future. My favorite song would probably be Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode. Best game, Halo.

Many South Pacificans seem to like Halo. Should we be opening a Halo Club?

8. Cake or Pie? (there is only one right answer!)

Of course that right answer is pie.

:blink:

9. Who or what would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island? Note: you already have food, some semblance of shelter, a grass skirt and a lampshade.

Hurley and Charlie.

Anything else you would like to add?

I'd just like to thank you for the spotlight. Being here in TSP has been quite the experience, and it's been a time I wouldn't trade for the world.

Thanks to you Torchwood! Smile
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(07-04-2014, 06:31 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: 4. Do you have any interests outside of NationStates?

Other than my obsession with the past I love playing the games of the present. Halo and Fallout being my particulars.

Wait, Halo is in the present? :blink:

I think he means games that are more recent, as opposed to old movies, cars, etc.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Yes, I know Tounge

Your title art is impressive as always.
"We don't have to dream that we're important. We are" - Robert House

I havta concur.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Jack Harkness? Heh. I *just* finished watching The Empty Child / Doctor Dances for my thousandth time. One of my favorite episodes. Smile

Hey, is this a Doctor Who club?
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

Obviously not. It's a Resident Spotlight.

Legal Resources:

Uni was kinda sorta startin' a Dr. Who club. Whatever happened to that?
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific