We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ASSEMBLY] Templates

[Image: FbfqLzP.png][Image: cKWnPKB.png][Image: znm0ocD.png][Image: m47kwKa.png][Image: xOqxPSM.png][Image: 2ghrQ34.png]
[Image: wpFMJME.png]
[Image: Y63ED9d.png][Image: NUTgAo2.png][Image: Nxk1YeU.png]
[Image: FQGiTqE.png]

NATURE OF THE BILL

The codes provided below in Opening a Vote and Closing a Vote assume that the bill is an amendment. Should the bill instead be a proposal for a new law, a resolution, or an appointment, please make the appropriate adjustments to the text.

GENERAL OR A CONSTITUTIONAL MATTER

• Bills regarding general laws, amendments, resolutions, and treaties require a simple majority of those voting to pass. Appointments, unless otherwise specified, require a simple majority of those voting to pass. 
  • Bills regarding constitutional laws, constitutional amendments, and resolutions dealing with matters of constitutional law require a three-fifths supermajority of those voting to pass. Treaties require a simple majority of those voting to pass.
The codes provided below in Opening a Vote and Closing a Vote assume that the bill relates to a Constitutional Matter. For example: 

Code:
As this is a constitutional law amendment, the voting period is [color=#019AED][b]five days[/b][/color] and will require a [color=#019AED][b]three-fifths supermajority[/b][/color] of those voting in favour to pass, with the exception of abstentions. The vote will end on the DATE[sup]th[/sup] of MONTH, YEAR, at [url=URL][color=#0080C4]00:00 a.m. (UTC)[/color][/url].

Should the bill deal instead with a General Matter, the aforementioned paragraph should be replaced with the following:

Code:
As this is a general law amendment, the voting period is [color=#019AED][b]three days[/b][/color] and will require a [color=#019AED][b]simple majority[/b][/color] of those voting in favour to pass, with the exception of abstentions. The vote will end on the DATE[sup]th[/sup] of MONTH, YEAR, at [url=URL][color=#0080C4]00:00 a.m. (UTC)[/color][/url].

DESIGNATION OF THE BILL

Designation of bills — referred to in the below codes as '(Code)' — aid in the organisation of the Legislative History and the Gazette. These codes are arranged sequentially and organised by the year, month, and order in which the bill is brought to a vote.

For example, 'A1901.01' indicates the bill is the first vote (.01) of January 2019 (1901). Similarly, the sixth vote of March 2020 would be recorded as 'A2003.06'.

[Image: oEOm0i0.png]

VOTING THREAD

Information
  • Where to post: Voting Chamber
  • When to post: After the minimum debate period has passed and after a Motion to Vote and a Second Motion to Vote have been submitted by two separate Legislators.
  • Please be aware of the Note(s) regarding the nature of the bill, the matter the bill is addressing, and the official designation of the bill.
Code

Code:
[box][table=100][tr][td][blocktext][align=justify]

Legislators,

A proposal has been introduced to amend [color=#EC7063][b]Article NUMBER[/b][/color] of the [url=LINK][color=#FF9900][b][i]LEGISLATION[/i][/color][/b][/url].

The debate thread can be found [url=LINK][color=#019AED][b]here[/b][/color][/url].

A motion and a second have been received to bring this amendment to a vote.

As this is a constitutional law amendment, the voting period is [color=#019AED][b]five days[/b][/color] and will require a [color=#019AED][b]three-fifths supermajority[/b][/color] of those voting in favour to pass, with the exception of abstentions. The vote will end on the DATE[sup]th[/sup] of MONTH, YEAR, at [url=URL][color=#0080C4]00:00 a.m. (UTC)[/color][/url].

Please vote by poll if possible. If you cannot vote by poll, post 'Aye', 'Nay' or 'Abstain' in this thread. [u]Please do not vote both by poll and by post[/u]. Comments and discussion belong in the debate thread and may be moved there.

[/align][/blocktext][/td][/tr][/table][/box][box][table=100][tr][td][blocktext]

[quote=Text of the Bill]

[align=justify]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, voluptua quaerendum ea usu. Omnesque appetere oporteat id per, appareat deterruisset necessitatibus usu ut. Velit tibique facilisi te vim, altera vocibus principes pri ea. Ad sea impetus scribentur. Duis dicam perpetua ad sit, verterem gloriatur mel te. An aliquip tincidunt sadipscing per. Eos te verterem probatus, qui rebum praesent id. Ut pro sapientem adipiscing complectitur. Ne inani dictas his. In aeterno aliquip euismod quo. Vis singulis dissentias disputationi id, ei mea dicam corpora, malorum evertitur mel et. Duo putent percipitur definitionem ei, an nam debet suscipit platonem. Dolores facilisis scripserit duo an, pro alii natum atomorum ei. Pro nonumes voluptua ex, mea novum graece te. Ea qui etiam paulo volumus, malis numquam meliore et eos. Sea decore quaeque accusam ei, no quod possit accusam est. Et eum legere bonorum delectus. Oportere percipitur efficiendi eos an. An has lorem efficiendi, has ea probo omnes, convenire corrumpit vulputate ut vis. Ex iisque denique mei, ne sed ubique pertinacia. Sed an nominati interpretaris, pro alterum iracundia ex, te vim meis mnesarchum voluptatibus.[/align][/quote]

[/blocktext][/td][/tr][/table][/box]

NOTIFICATION OF THE VOTE

Information
  • Where to post: In the appropriate debate thread.
  • When to post: After the voting thread has been created.
  • Please be aware of the Note(s) regarding the nature of the bill, the matter the bill is addressing, and the official designation of the bill.
Code

Code:
[box][table=100][tr][td]

[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/TZwtVaB.png[/img][/align]

[blocktext][align=center][color=#2980B9][size=small][b]DATE MONTH YEAR[/b][/size][/color][/align]

[align=center][color=#333333][size=small][b](CODE)[/b][/size][/color][/align]

[align=justify]Legislators,

Please be advised that the vote to amend [color=#EC7063][b]Article NUMBER[/b][/color] of the [url=LINK][color=#FF9900][b][i]LEGISLATION[/i][/color][/b][/url] has been [url=LINK][color=#019AED][b]opened[/b][/color][/url]. The vote has been designated in the Assembly's official record as [b][color=#333333]DESIGNATION[/color][/b] and referred to in full as [i]NAME[/i].

Legislators may cast their vote [url=LINK][color=#019AED][b]here[/b][/color][/url].

The vote will end on the DATE[sup]th[/sup] of MONTH, YEAR, at [url=URL][color=#0080C4]00:00 a.m. (UTC)[/color][/url].[/align][/blocktext]

[/td][/tr][/table][/box]
[Image: yGJbrHk.png]

CLOSING A VOTE

Information
  • When to post: After the confirmation and tabulation of the result of the vote has been completed.
Code

Code:
[box][table=100][tr][td]

[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/G9gwxLt.png[/img][/align]

[blocktext][align=center][color=#27AE60][size=x-large][b]LEGISLATION PASSED[/b][/size][/color][/align]

[align=center][color=#0080C4][size=small][b]DATE MONTH YEAR[/b][/size][/color][/align]

Please be advised that the [url=LINK][color=#019AED][b]vote[/b][/color][/url] to amend [color=#EC7063][b]Article NUMBER[/b][/color] of the [url=LINK][color=#FF9900][b][i]LEGISLATION[/i][/color][/b][/url] has [color=#27AE60][b]RESULT[/b][/color].

The final tally is [b][color=#27AE60]FAVOUR[/color][/b] in favour, [b][color=#C0392B]OPPOSITION[/color][/b] in opposition, with [b][color=#333333]ABSTENTION[/color][/b] abstaining, for a total of [b][color=#019AED]TOTAL[/color][/b] votes.

The vote was passed with [b][color=#019AED]PERCENT%[/color][/b] voting in favour, exceeding the requirement for a three-fifths supermajority of those voting with the exclusion of abstentions.

A spreadsheet of the vote breakdown is attached for your convenience.[/align][/blocktext]

[/td][/tr][/table][/box]

NOTIFICATION OF THE VOTE RESULT

Information
  • When to post: After the voting thread has been closed.
Code

Code:
[box][table=100][tr][td]

[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/G9gwxLt.png[/img][/align]

[blocktext][align=center][color=#27AE60][size=x-large][b]LEGISLATION PASSED[/b][/size][/color][/align]

[align=center][color=#0080C4][size=small][b]DATE MONTH YEAR[/b][/size][/color][/align]

Please be advised that the [url=LINK][color=#019AED][b]vote[/b][/color][/url] to amend [color=#EC7063][b]Article NUMBER[/b][/color] of the [url=LINK][color=#ff9900][b][i]LEGISLATION[/i][/color][/b][/url] has [color=#27AE60][b]RESULT[/b][/color].

The final tally is [b][color=#27AE60]FAVOUR[/color][/b] in favour, [b][color=#C0392B]OPPOSITION[/color][/b] in opposition, with [b][color=#333333]ABSTENTION[/color][/b] abstaining, for a total of [b][color=#019AED]TOTAL[/color][/b] votes.

The vote was passed with [b][color=#019AED]PERCENT%[/color][/b] voting in favour, exceeding the requirement for a three-fifths supermajority of those voting with the exclusion of abstentions.

A spreadsheet of the vote breakdown is available [url=LINK][color=#019AED][b]here[/b][/color][/url].[/align][/blocktext]

[/td][/tr][/table][/box]
[Image: LT2zUWq.png] If you have a comment or suggestion in relation to this thread, please post it in the Office of Assembly Affairs.