We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A New Musical.

Prarie for cher Chair! 

The assembly is like musical theatre. The classics are always good, but we always want a new musical. So here I am. I'm your new musical.
Being Open to New Ideas.
I really like to contribute a new point of view to the Assembly. I know that not all of my ideas for laws and amendments may come to fruition, but it's still important to contribute new ideas. And a great way to get these new ideas? Getting people to sign up for Legislatorship.
I have a three-way plan to get as many new legislators as possible.
1. Weekly regionwide TGs giving the benefits of being a legislator and the link to Legislator signups.
2. Collaborating with the Local Council to get as many RMBers to sign up for legislatorship as possible. This will include:
  • RMB shoutouts to new citizens who have applied for Legislatorship
  • Requiring RMB Daily News programs to include a daily Assembly Update
  • Notifying the RMB when a new law is put up to vote in the Assembly
3. Implementing a Legislator Mentorship program where experienced users can help show new users the ropes to TSP as their personal mentor.

Interns! So many interns!
Like Bzerneleg's Chair Fellow plan, I plan to have 3 CoA intern positions. Legislators can apply to become a CoA intern, and I will include them in my everyday CoA process. However, a Legislator has to be active to be considered for an intern position. Hopefully, though, the chance to be a CoA Intern will incentivize Legislators to be more active. 

The Chair Awards

Every 4 months, I plan to hold a ceremony called the Chair Awards. At this ceremony, the Chair will give out awards such as Most Active Legislator, Best Debater, Best New Legislator, and more! The Chair Awards will be a fun way to recognize the people who have made the Assembly the well-oiled machine that it is.

Keeping Amerion's Legacy Going

Amerion has done a FABULOUS job as Chair these past months, and I hope to keep him on as an Advisor or Deputy of a sort. I hope to keep Amerion's legacy going by maintaining the so-called 'Beyonce of Spreadsheets', which keeps track of active and incactive legislators, among others.

And now it's time for the curtain call. Thanks to Midand and NHC for nominating me, and I hope I can get your vote!
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 7 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Bzerneleg, Divine Owl, Midand, New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Poppy, Roavin, Volaworand

Great campaign! But I have a question:

How exactly will you work with the LC to do things such as sending regional telegrams (although I will do that no matter what if I’m elected), and putting assembly updates in the daily news?
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs
[-] The following 3 users Like Divine Owl's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

Thank you @North Prarie for a great campaign Heart

While I do not deny losing is a terrible feeling, I really do hope you remain active and engaged in the Assembly and run again in the future as I believe you will make a fantastic Chair!
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia