We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resident Spotlight: ProfessorHenn

ProfessorHenn came to the Government House and started banging the door, demanding that I interview him for the Resident Spotlight. I was extremely busy and told him to come back later, but then he drank and potion and turned into a philosoraptor. He started talking about cockroaches and raid, and in the end I couldn't bear it anymore and agreed to interviewing him.

1. How did you learn about NationStates?

I was goofing around on the Internet, and wanted to see if there was a Nation simulator. I typed in "nation simulator", and Nation States was the first thing that popped up.

Oh you too. Everyone seems to have arrived to NationStates the same way.

2. I assume you received tons of recruitment telegrams when you first created your nation. What made you stay in the South Pacific?

I was new to NS, and didn't know whether or not I should go to another region. I did get one from Gatesville Inc. I guess the reason I stayed was because TSP had a Roleplay Central, and that is what made me stay. Some of my first posts were in the Roleplay Central.

I'm glad you decided to stay! Hopefully you'll have a great time here. Smile

3. What can you tell us about your NationStates experience so far?

NS has been good to me so far. I like it, and I'm going to stay in TSP for a while.

A while? A WHILE?! You can't leave TSP! This is forever! Muahahahahaa! [Image: icon_twisted.gif]

4. Sporaltryus. ProfessorHenn. What is the significance behind those names?

Sporaltryus came to me in a dream about a year ago. No clue from where, but I remember it was like that one episode of Doctor Who where the Weeping Angels terrorized the crew of the Babylon, I believe? I forget.

ProfessorHenn is a pseudonym for me I came up with years ago for another game I played. I don't know why I picked Professor, but I did, and now it's embedded into who I am.

It seems like many people in the region are fans of Doctor Who. Perhaps we should start a club?

5. If you were Delegate for a day, what would you do? (Abusing your power and becoming a corrupt dictator is a perfectly valid option!)

I would radically change TSP. Details would have to go into another thread.

Mysterious are we? I'm afraid about your plans. :tounge:

6. You might know that regional elections are due next week. I hear that you have an interest in running for office?

I do have an interest in becoming Minister of Regional Affairs, and I do have a campaign completely lined up. At this point in the process, I'm just bidding my time, waiting for the elections themselves.

I'm so glad that you want to run. Best of luck! :hehe!:

7. Can you share with us a bit about your interests outside NationStates?

Not many I can truly name. Mostly just wondering how I'm going to survive the horrible thing known as the freshman year in a school that's 2 hours away from my home.

Two hours?! That's awful.

8. What are your favourite books, movies, songs, or games?

Books, I can't really name them, as I don't have many that are on the list. Movies, well, it's hard to say, as is songs and games

Come on. I'm sure there are some books and movies you can name. Smile

9. Cake or Pie? (There is only one right answer!)

The Great Nneh has told me to unite Cake and Pie with the help of the Ice-Creamists and it's Brilliance: French Toast!

Blasphemy! :surprised:

10. You are given a lampshade. What do you do next?

What's a lampshade?

Oh dear.
*Calls Rebeltopia and points to ProfessorHenn*
This one hasn't been turned yet. Take him to the brainwashing welcoming centre!

Anything you would like to add?

Thanks for spotlighting me, and be sure to vote for me in the next election!

You heard the man, vote for him!

Thanks to ProfessorHenn for a great interview. I hope we can see him here often and that he has a great time in the region. :hehe!:
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

What happened to bein' here for role play?
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

More Doctor Who! Good.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

(07-10-2014, 01:20 AM)God-Emperor Wrote: What happened to bein' here for role play?

Name a roleplay that has been active in the last 2 weeks to 1 month. Not many, you know.

(07-10-2014, 01:09 PM)The Solar System Scope Wrote: More Doctor Who! Good.

Nope. It was a random dream, and I'm not that big of a Whovian. I'm more towards Star Trek.

Also, nice logo, and I'm willing to divulge my secrets for being Delegate for one day.

(07-10-2014, 01:41 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Name a roleplay that has been active in the last 2 weeks to 1 month. Not many, you know.

So many things I could say about that.

(07-10-2014, 01:41 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: I'm willing to divulge my secrets for being Delegate for one day.

You make it sound like you are planning a coup. Tounge
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(07-10-2014, 02:01 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: You make it sound like you are planning a coup. Tounge

If I was, would I be willing to give out my secrets?

No, but ya should. Tounge
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

I'll do it, but where oh where would I post the thread?

Post it in the CSS forum if there's a coup involved. You'll get immediate feedback.

A coup might happen. I just have to get elected Delegate first.