We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[1907] Concrete Slab v. New Haudenosaunee Confederacy

Concrete Slab v. New Haudenosaunee Confederacy

Docket File Number: 1907

Submitter: Concrete Slab

Date of Submission: 28 February 2019

Case Type: Criminal Complaint

Charge: Identity Fraud

Case Link: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-6929.html

All Justices welcome to discuss the finding of probable cause
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Discussion on the Finding of Probable Cause
Source: Group Chat of the High Court

Kringle [28/02/2019]
@Belschaft: Slab has charged NHC with Identity Fraud. The thread is here: http://tspforums.xyz/showthread.php?tid=6929
My personal view is that this doesn’t meet the probable cause test, given that negative campaigning isn’t really illegal, which means concealing one’s identity to do that doesn’t qualify as Identity Fraud.

hierocles [28/02/2019]
I didn’t realize I was still here :sweat_smile: Leaving now!
hierocles left the group.28/02/2019

Belschaft [28/02/2019]
@Kringle ask him to explain how “this fraud threatens the security of The South Pacific, or circumvents the laws and legal processes of The South Pacific.” - when he can’t dismiss the case.

Kringle [28/02/2019]
nods
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Concrete Slab responded the following:

(03-10-2019, 11:46 AM)Concrete Slab Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 01:05 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Can @Concrete Slab explain in what way exactly does negative campaigning threaten regional security or circumvent regional laws?
@Kris Kringle

The complain is not against negative campaigning, your honor. That is perfectly fine and allowed. What I wrote this complaint about is identity fraud, as NHC did not list Rustonsopia as one of his puppets in his Conflict of Interest at the time he was running for Local Councillor. I believe there is a strong possibility this was violated.

I would say that the answer did not address the core intent of Identity Fraud. The crime doesn't say that the person would've broken laws, it says that the concealed identity is used to "circumvent the laws and legal processes" of the region; for example, creating a puppet to evade a ban. Based on what I know of this case, while it might be required to disclose puppets, I don't consider that NHC "circumvented" any rule by creating a puppet and using it to campaign against Slab.

Thoughts?

Legal Resources:

I’ve reviewed the Local Council law regulating elections, and I can’t see anything requiring the disclosure of alternative identities, only positions in foreign regions.

I’ve no doubt that NHC did what CS suggests, or that it was dodgy as fuck, but in classic “Belschaft” style this was 100% legal.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belschaft's post:
  • Kris Kringle

That last comment was a nice touch. Tounge

Shall I post that we find no probable cause then?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Legal Resources:

Go ahead.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

CASE DISMISSED
See here for more information

Legal Resources: