We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Delegate 4 Lyf

Just an idea. There are pros and cons.

Elections Act, Article 3 Wrote:(2) On the first of every January and July, When the Office of the Delegate is vacant, the Assembly will convene for the first round of Delegate elections.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(06-05-2019, 09:08 AM)Roavin Wrote: Just an idea. There are pros and cons.

Elections Act, Article 3 Wrote:(2) On the first of every January and July, When the Office of the Delegate is vacant, the Assembly will convene for the first round of Delegate elections.

Eep!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

You could still resign! (though I wouldn't want you to)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Rebeltopia

We could always go back to (a form of) The Bravest Little Toaster delegate elections...
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Not sure if srs Huh
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Poppy, Roavin

(06-05-2019, 10:35 AM)Amerion Wrote: Not sure if srs Huh

Pretty serious, actually. Not saying it's better that way, but it's worth considering now that our Delegate is split from all political responsibilities by design.
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Omega, Poppy, Witchcraft and Sorcery

No. Just no. This is how nonsense happens. This is no. (Toaster idea to be clear)
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

I like this.  You're never leaving us, Seraph.  Tounge Happywide Smile

But seriously, if the sitting delegate should so choose to resign, would he or she have to "give notice" a sufficient length of time in advance of when he or she would like to step down so that an orderly transition of power could occur?  Admittedly, I don't know all our laws well enough, just trying to anticipate what that transition would look like.  Would a vice-delegate position be needed?  Or would the ranking CRS member simply be interim delegate while the election process took place?
Land Without Shrimp

With "office" I meant the formal office rather than the mechanical holder thereof. I'd suspect in the normal case the outgoing Delegate would hold the seat post resignation until election and transition occur and otherwise the ranking CRS member would do the same.

What is the argument in favour of this change?

At the moment, I can only think of a negative — complacency by the 'Monarch' because he/she does not have to stand for re-election.
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Divine Owl, Somyrion