We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Coconut (Discord Bot) rewrite

One of the projects I want to start working on when summer is done is a full rewrite of Coconut, our Discord bot. Before I do that, I'd like to know a few things from all of you:
  • What do you currently use Coconut for?
  • What could work better?
  • What's missing?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

It lacks the command to generate list of nations one is not endorsing.
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 1 user Likes USoVietnam's post:
  • Rebeltopia

>swap

!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Somyrion

Yes that will be part of it >_>
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Amerion

Verification of NS nation that also masks people appropriately
[-] The following 4 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Omega, Roavin, Seraph, Somyrion

Some kind of gameification of the *grabs* action would be interesting.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 3 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Rebeltopia, Roavin, Somyrion

Aw, Seraph stole the doing-something-with-*grabs* idea. That would definitely be awesome.

A working music function would be nice, so we wouldn't have to use a different bot just for the music...that's definitely not working right now.

I've previously suggested hooking the bot up with the forum RSS feeds, so it'd give automatic notifications for new Assembly votes and the like. You could also have it post for new threads in the Assembly discussion area. I still think that would be immensely helpful. [this can be done with the bot in its current state]

Adding a custom command to supply the link for joining the Assembly (e.g. "Apply to become a Legislator here: [link]") would be helpful too. [this can also be done with the bot in its current state]
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Somyrion's post:
  • Amerion

A daily update on the region's overall WA stats would be something interesting as well.
  • Rebeltopia

(07-15-2019, 02:25 AM)Amerion Wrote: A daily update on the region's overall WA stats would be something interesting as well.

What specific stats are you looking for?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Amerion

(07-15-2019, 03:15 AM)Roavin Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 02:25 AM)Amerion Wrote: A daily update on the region's overall WA stats would be something interesting as well.

What specific stats are you looking for?

Two statistics in particular; how many new WA members joined TSP in the last, perhaps, 24 hours, and how many endorsements the Delegate has (+/–) compared to the previous update.
  • Rebeltopia