We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What Does It Mean? - Independence Day 2019

What Does It Mean To You?

Greetings, fellow South Pacificans!

This festival features each of the major branches of the Coalition's government showcasing themselves and what they do for our independence from foreign control. Hopefully, as we continue on this week, they provide you with a small insight both into how the government works, and in what we can look back on this Saturday, the 20th. With that being said, I would like to ask you a question, to ponder on your own time and respond whenever you might feel most comfortable: What does it mean to you? What does this holiday, Independence Day, really mean for the South Pacific, for the Coalition, for its citizens, for you?

Please leave your answers below!
ProfessorHenn
Legislator
[-] The following 1 user Likes ProfessorHenn's post:
  • Poppy

For me: This celebration was not something that could be foreseen. At the time of fighting to gain, regain and keep some sort of control over a Birthing Region of NS it was a lot of sleepless nights because there was only the one update time, 4AM 0400, for me here in the US on the West Coast. It meant that others were up with me helping to keep me awake, we formed friendships that were legendary. Then came the time of LR falling apart. That story can be told in another thread and not here. This day, 16 years later is honestly a very important time, to know that all that pain, the stain that can't be washed away, and the sleepless nights made an impact is really humbling. I am so happy that this day is here and that though all the up's and down's that TSP has stood strong and weathered it all with grace and stamina.

Thank you to all of you that have been here, to all of those that are no longer here, and for those that are yet to make it here.
May TSP find another 16 years of being a Democracy and staying strong because of the Nations that want it to be so.
My one and only Minion is Rebs.
Now to reclaim my crown.
It is a location joke.
All those who wander are not always lost...
The voices inside of my head get along with the monsters under my bed that do bone dances with the skeletons in my closet while the disco ball hangs by a thread...
one of the1st Delegates of TSP...she went crazy..naw she was already bonkers...
[-] The following 4 users Like LadyRebels's post:
  • Atlantica, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Seraph

Wow, you're really gonna make me post right after Ladyrebs ey? Well, now I feel pressured to say something elegant Nervous I better switch to my fancy lampshade for this.

I don't have a ton to say, I haven't been here for too long, it feels like just yesterday when I founded a new nation, by coincidence in the TSP, and decided to put my old experiences in nationstates behind me. This might not mean as much to you forumsiders, I didn't even join the forum for a few months and it was several more before I even touched the discord server. My presence places other than gameside have been rather light, but the experiences I've had gameside in just these several months have stuck with me. When I joined gameside I was looking to reclaim an element of the fun I'd had with people in the pacific in my initial encounter with nationstates and, at first, that's all it was, just me chatting with some delightful people gameside about inconsequential nothings, but it would be about three months later when I'd start using my attachment with nationstates as more of a crutch. I went through some dark times, it happens about the same time each year but this time it was especially bad. There a lots of reasons why that I'd rather not say but regardless, it just wasn't a good time for me with self-hate, and mental issues among other things making daily life hard. What helped me through that time was nationstates, I didn't talk to the people there about my issues, bring it up in conversation at all, or try to allude to it in any way as much as I could but just the daily interactions with people, the joking around, the making of bonds helped on a regular basis get me out of the mental hole I was in. I would have survived those months without nationstates and the people of tsp, but it wouldn't have been the same, because of tsp I was able to get through those months much better, much healthier, and much more successfully and, for that, independence day really had a personal impact on my life. If we hadn't been independent, and thus if the people here hadn't been here, then I wouldn't have gotten that help that I needed. Independence day had a personal intensely positive impact on my life and, for that, I thank everyone who made it possible, thank you for, inadvertently as it was, helping me when I needed it.
Nation: 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121
I'm more active gameside than here but either place I'd love to talk ^-^
[-] The following 5 users Like Poppy's post:
  • Atlantica, LadyRebels, Rebeltopia, Roavin, Seraph

(07-15-2019, 01:25 AM)Poppy Wrote: Wow, you're really gonna make me post right after Ladyrebs ey? Well, now I feel pressured to say something elegant Nervous I better switch to my fancy lampshade for this.

I don't have a ton to say, I haven't been here for too long, it feels like just yesterday when I founded a new nation, by coincidence in the TSP, and decided to put my old experiences in nationstates behind me. This might not mean as much to you forumsiders, I didn't even join the forum for a few months and it was several more before I even touched the discord server. My presence places other than gameside have been rather light, but the experiences I've had gameside in just these several months have stuck with me. When I joined gameside I was looking to reclaim an element of the fun I'd had with people in the pacific in my initial encounter with nationstates and, at first, that's all it was, just me chatting with some delightful people gameside about inconsequential nothings, but it would be about three months later when I'd start using my attachment with nationstates as more of a crutch. I went through some dark times, it happens about the same time each year but this time it was especially bad. There a lots of reasons why that I'd rather not say but regardless, it just wasn't a good time for me with self-hate, and mental issues among other things making daily life hard. What helped me through that time was nationstates, I didn't talk to the people there about my issues, bring it up in conversation at all, or try to allude to it in any way as much as I could but just the daily interactions with people, the joking around, the making of bonds helped on a regular basis get me out of the mental hole I was in. I would have survived those months without nationstates and the people of tsp, but it wouldn't have been the same, because of tsp I was able to get through those months much better, much healthier, and much more successfully and, for that, independence day really had a personal impact on my life. If we hadn't been independent, and thus if the people here hadn't been here, then I wouldn't have gotten that help that I needed. Independence day had a personal intensely positive impact on my life and, for that, I thank everyone who made it possible, thank you for, inadvertently as it was, helping me when I needed it.

You did a fantastic job of verbage. Thank you for sharing this personal information, I understand 100% where you are coming from, Rebs and Pen helped me through a really dark time in my life and it was because of NS that I even got to meet them. I tell you some of the friendships forged here in NS and TSP or any of the countless Regions of NS really do impact IRL, some of it is great and some not so much. "It is only a game", has been stated to me, my response to that is, "It is still a big part of me and my emotions"
My one and only Minion is Rebs.
Now to reclaim my crown.
It is a location joke.
All those who wander are not always lost...
The voices inside of my head get along with the monsters under my bed that do bone dances with the skeletons in my closet while the disco ball hangs by a thread...
one of the1st Delegates of TSP...she went crazy..naw she was already bonkers...
[-] The following 5 users Like LadyRebels's post:
  • Atlantica, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Roavin, Seraph

Celebrating the region I was founded in, my home for over six years. Through all the ups and downs, I shall remain here. Let us hope for another sixteen.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[-] The following 5 users Like Ryccia's post:
  • Atlantica, LadyRebels, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Seraph