We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ANNOUNCEMENT] A new era for the MoRA

PRESS RELEASE

[Image: Ewbda7L.png]

A new era for the MoRA

21 February 2020

Fellow South Pacificans,

Last week, you voted for a new Minister of Regional Affairs and a new era. In this new term, there will be sweeping changes in the effort of creating a more functional and manageable Ministry of Regional Affairs. In the past, the Minister of Regional Affairs has been allotted quite a bit of power, but I will be delegating power with the appointment of three deputy ministers, each with their own portfolios:
  • Agalaesia will serve as Deputy Minister for Cultural Affairs, overseeing Events and Roleplay
  • Rabbitz will serve as Deputy Minister for Educational Affairs, overseeing Integration and Projects
  • Penguin will serve as Deputy Minister for Media Affairs, overseeing Graphics and Media
In creating these new offices, I hope to make them permanent fixtures of the ministry and delegate some of the traditional powers of my office to theirs. As such, I will be granting these deputy ministers the power to appoint senior fellows upon the approval of the Minister of Regional Affairs. Furthermore, they will also have the power to set their own agenda so long as it is clearly expressed to the minister what that agenda is.

Now, I have my own agenda as well, because I intend to make TSP Encyclopedia a fully functioning wiki by the end of this term. I am creating a new division called Wikiproject TSP, which shall comprise volunteers from the ministry who are willing to help in completing articles that are listed on the main page of the wiki. When newcomers wish to learn how to contribute more to the region and join its government, we could use TSP Encyclopedia to educate them.

I will also aim to implement a cultural attaché program with the South Pacific's allies and partners across NationStates. Hopefully, I will be able to assemble my counterparts on the ministry's Discord server and use it as a place to communicate and organize inter-regional events. In doing so, the Ministry of Regional Affairs will be able to better harness the soft power that has traditionally been afforded to the Minister of Foreign Affairs. This could also inspire other regions to implement similar programs of their own if they do not yet have one.

The new Cabinet has grand plans for this term, but we're not quite ready to make any announcements on matters that have not yet been settled, so I will just say "stay tuned" for any updates that we may surely have. If you have any questions for me, you can message me here on the forum, Discord (JayCoop#5045), or NationStates (Qvait). Other than that, I hope we can achieve many great things in this new era!

Faithfully yours,

Minister of Regional Affairs,
Jay Coop

[Image: MHQADbw.png]

4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 5 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Concrete Slab, phoenixofthesun14, Roavin