We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[AT VOTE] Repeal "Disease Naming Compact"

[Image: QPvKkQy.png]

[Image: ga.jpg]
Repeal "Disease Naming Compact"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.
Category: RepealResolution: GA#484Proposed by: Gorundu
Voting pageOn-site forum discussion thread

Voting / Discussion Instructions
Voting is open to all Legislators.
  • If you vote for, that means you want the Office of WA Legislation to recommend that TSPers vote in favor of the proposal.
  • If you vote against, that means you want the Office to recommend that TSPers vote against the proposal.
  • If you vote abstain, that means you want the Office to recommend that TSPers (and the delegate) not vote on the proposal.
  • If you vote no recommendation, that means you do not want the Office to write any recommendation for TSPers (though it still may produce a writeup with a compilation of various opinions for and against).
  • If you vote present, that means you personally do not want to register your views one way or the other, but want to let the Office know you are involved.
  • [ONLY FOR SC] If you vote cabinet decision, that means you want the Cabinet to determine what the appropriate Office recommendation and delegate vote is.

OWL strongly encourages you to write a sentence or two, or a paragraph, or however much you feel like, explaining your opinion. Not only is it important for other TSPers to hear your substantive opinion in order to establish a constructive and lively dialogue, but OWL also relies on these expanded opinions when compiling the Opinions section of our DOVE Recommendation Dashboard.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

I said in #ga-discussion on the OWL server:
Somyrion Wrote:I would actually say we should go in favor -- the points it brings up are valid and I think the original resolution may have been too much micro-management in the first place.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Somyrion's post:
  • deftraptor

I am also in favor of the repeal. The medical/science communities, in most cases, come to a consensus on names without government handholding, especially in today’s age of instant communication and globalization. The micromanagement was unnecessary.