We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Announcement on themes

Hey all!

So, as you might have noticed, your theme recently changed. And -- for some special amongst you -- the theme changed twice! (More in a second.) Anyhow, I wanted to make our forums look a bit more modern. Since our move to these forums, I had been my intention, but yesterday was really the first time I've got to play with it. And I passed these designs passed Kris and GR, and they seem to like them. (I hope?)

My goal with the new design was two fold. First, I wanted it to be clean and contemporary. Second, I wanted something that could be easily adaptable for things such as holidays and/or special regional events. Kris wrote a great description of how to change your themes, so please feel free to check out the others. TSP-Fire is an example of somewhat celebration theme and TSP-Surprise is an idea of what we might do for like ... Christmas. Let me know if there's an idea you have for other themes.

I'd like to change the default theme for everyone around holidays and special events, so if in the future that happens I'd ask you not be too surprised. (And you can always change it right back.) But, I'd like to do this b/c I think I'll promote community cohesion, even if only a small bit.

Second, I plan to keep the Old TSP theme as an option -- under TSP-Old. However, as I was changing our default theme to TSP -- I effed up and copied over the wrong stylesheet. I'm going to re-create the Old version, but it might take a little. Sorry for the eff up.

I'd love to hear your thoughts -- either here or PM. Hope you like!

-tsu

EDIT: Everything should be fixed now. "TSP" will be the "Default" with the water background, then we have "TSP-Blue," "TSP-Fire," "TSP-Old," and "TSP-Special."
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

They look great!

I still prefer the Square theme, as it has the "Latest Threads" listed on the main page, but good work on those.

I too prefer "Square".

It's full of stars.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

(07-25-2014, 09:47 PM)Aramanchovia Wrote: I still prefer the Square theme, as it has the "Latest Threads" listed on the main page, but good work on those.

This is the draw of Square?

I really should be able to figure out a way to combine the two, if this is what we like.

I've just never used Square, so I legit have no idea what the different is.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Try Square Tsu. You'll be enlightened on how it is when we use TSP's Forums, which should have a name other than forums.

What?
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium

The "Square" theme.

No.

(07-26-2014, 01:13 AM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: TSP's Forums, which should have a name other than forums.

What?
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium