We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Statement from the Cabinet on The New Inquisition

Statement from the Cabinet of the South Pacific
on The New Inquisition

It has been disappointing for the Cabinet to find out that The New Inquisition had unilaterally withdrawn from our Treaty. We believe that this was an unnecessary course of action, but respect their right to make it, as outlined within the Treaty itself. We also wish to make clear that this turn of events was not entirely surprising to us, despite our best hopes that it could be avoided through diplomacy and better communications.

When the Cabinet submitted the Treaty with the Rejected Realms for debate in our Assembly, it was made clear that we did not seek to antagonise The New Inquisition and respected their right to declare war on other regions according to their interests. However, we also made it clear that a violation of the sovereignty of Game Created Regions was unacceptable to us and contrary to our interests as a region, regardless of our relationship with the Rejected Realms.

The New Inquisition mentioned in its statement two specific concerns that had contributed to their withdrawal from our Treaty, namely behaviour of Sandaoguo as Minister of Foreign Affairs and of Geomania as Minister of the Army. In terms of the former, we wish to uphold the longstanding commitment of the South Pacific to free speech for all its citizens, including those that serve in various positions in our government. Our officials have every right to speak their minds as private citizens as long as their behaviour does not affect the discharge of their duties. We do not believe that Sandaoguo has behaved inappropriately when dealing with The New Inquisition in his official capacity as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

In terms of the second concern, it relates to the behaviour of former Minister of the Army Geomania during the mission to liberate Liberal Haven. Geomania skilfully united defenders and imperialists in the common goal of liberating a region held by Nazis. The Cabinet finds itself taken aback by the accusations of unprofessionalism, when it was the South Pacific Special Forces who convinced the United Imperial Armed Forces and the Founderless Regions Alliance to work together. Following the liberation of Liberal Haven, OnderKelkia, the military commander of The New Inquisition, berated Geomania for granting an interview to The Rejected Times. This incident and each prior communication, which was in itself rare and occasional, left the Cabinet with a feeling that The New Inquisition considered us a junior partner in the alliance. The Cabinet sent an official complaint to The New Inquisition and the United Imperial Armed Forces regarding OnderKelkia’s behaviour. We were told by both that the issue would be looked into, with no apology or even a response as of today.

It would be a mistake to believe that the breakdown of this alliance was caused exclusively by the ratification of the Treaty Between the South Pacific and the Rejected Realms. The alliance had been weakening for a very long time, as communication dwindled to nothing and military cooperation became rare. We remain committed to an independent foreign policy and disagree with the assertion that we made it impossible for the alliance with The New Inquisition to continue. We acknowledge their decision and wish them success in their future endeavours.

Quote:Our officials have every right to speak their minds as private citizens as long as their behaviour does not affect the discharge of their duties

Okay, well obviously the behavior did affect the discharge of his duties, as it contributed to the breakdown of their alliance.

Specific complaints were about a single innocuous statement about how Geomania got the UIAF and the FRA to work together, and how that was a diplomatic success. Other complaints surround my statements on Independence and imperialism in general. I actually do not comment very often on the specific alliance, outside threads dedicated to it on these forums.

That being said, there were more serious problems with the health and longevity of the alliance, if TNI could not handle a single government official being critical of imperialism. The Cabinet certainly was prepared to maintain the alliance, despite the issues some of us have had with a single individual in TNI. A long term alliance should be able to withstand periods where our government isn't composed of solid proponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(07-26-2014, 11:31 AM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Specific complaints were about a single innocuous statement about how Geomania got the UIAF and the FRA to work together, and how that was a diplomatic success. Other complaints surround my statements on Independence and imperialism in general. I actually do not comment very often on the specific alliance, outside threads dedicated to it on these forums.

That being said, there were more serious problems with the health and longevity of the alliance, if TNI could not handle a single government official being critical of imperialism. The Cabinet certainly was prepared to maintain the alliance, despite the issues some of us have had with a single individual in TNI. A long term alliance should be able to withstand periods where our government isn't composed of solid proponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure this post addressed something, but it did not address my concern. The Cabinet just stated that comments that impede one's ability to successfully perform their duties are not acceptable, and your comments were absolutely that.

Quote:The alliance had been weakening for a very long time, as communication dwindled to nothing and military cooperation became rare.

This is nonsense. The New Inquisition wanted to raid with TSP all the time, but Geomania (and others I suspect) refused to participate on such missions unless the regions did "something wrong".

Basically this whole statement is nonsense and disgraceful. I have not been an active member of TNI for half a decade, and I have contributed here for the last four years, but this is just absolute garbage.

I have never been more embarrassed by my government.

Unless you have been privy to Cabinet communications over the least eight months, which you have not, you have no basis to argue the last part of your response.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(07-28-2014, 01:23 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Unless you have been privy to Cabinet communications over the least eight months, which you have not, you have no basis to argue the last part of your response.

The same source that has shown me conversation logs completely debunking this statement's allegations regarding the "Geomania affair" has assured me that TNI has tried to initiate plenty of missions with TSP.

This Cabinet's word no longer has any credibility with me, I'm afraid.

If you believe we are guilty of any wrongdoing, please sue us. Personally, this is not my brand of politics. I prefer to focus on working for the benefit of this region.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Am I reading this wrong? Is this statement saying that we made every effort to communicate and then say the way we announced our intentions was via the assembly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

(07-28-2014, 01:31 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: If you believe we are guilty of any wrongdoing, please sue us. Personally, this is not my brand of politics. I prefer to focus on working for the benefit of this region.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to express my political opinion because you didn't like it Heart

In my opinion, this government has not been working for the good of the region. So that is precisely why I am speaking up.

HEM this is not the place to post it. Bring it up in the ASSEMBLY.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking.