We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What are your plans? Your hopes? Cabinet Elections, June 2020 Edition

Planning on running for any Cabinet positions? Or not planning? Or maybe hoping somebody else runs?

Share with us!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I won't be running for anything, as I promised. I would run for PM again if it gets RON'd (though that's unlikely). I'd love to see Amerion or Nakari run for PM, though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Emperor Palpatine

I have been promising now for years to run for an office and I have, so far, chickened out. Tomorrow never comes, next year never comes. I stop procrastinating this year, face my fears and intend to run for Minister of Foreign Affairs. The South Pacific is an excellent region, in my opinion, I founded in the region in 2013 and the only full year I was not in the region was 2016, but even then, it felt like something was missing, it's my NationStates home, it's a fun region and I'm not going to get a chance to give something back if I don't give myself half a chance to serve this region by pushing the fears and doubts aside and finally running.
[-] The following 5 users Like Qaweritoyu's post:
  • Nakari, Omega, Roavin, Seraph, Somyrion

I was thinking of running for Chief Justice on a platform of finally fixing up the Court. Those judicial elections just don't work for us.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Ryccia, Somyrion

I'll run for PM if no one does just to make Roavin run again.

Other than that, my chances of getting elected for something rn are worse than finding a nanometer-sized needle on a haystack the size of New Zealand.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ryccia's post:
  • Aga

"I'm not running because I can't win" isn't a good argument for not running, because:
  • You might be surprised. I sure as hell didn't tihnk I'd win against Faren when I first ran for PM.
  • It's a way to get your ideas out
  • It's a way to position yourself and get your name out there as a potentially viable candidate for the position in future elections
  • We haven't done it as much recently, but traditionally in TSP, the losing candidate in a race often got to be deputy minister or such
  • It's always better to have contested elections
  • It's honestly fun!

So really, if your thought is "I'll lose", just ignore that and do it anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Omega, Seraph

My plans are to abolish elections.
[-] The following 3 users Like Damination's post:
  • Roavin, Ryccia, Seraph

I'm not running because I can't win!!!
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.

I'll make it known that I do plan to run for something. What that something is? I don't know yet. Either MoMA or MoRA, cabinet-wise.
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 3 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Qaweritoyu, Roavin, Somyrion

Due to *ahem* Discord pressure from fellow legislators, I will be running for MoRA.

It wasn't that much pressure to be honest, it was just the weight of a feather.
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)
[-] The following 5 users Like Rabbitz's post:
  • Nakari, phoenixofthesun14, Qaweritoyu, Roavin, Somyrion