We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Inside the Cabinet - II

[Image: 1G8yomW.png]The Southern Journal
The Official News Outlet of the South Pacific

Inside the Cabinet - II

Interview with the New Minister of Military Affairs - FiHami

By Whole India

I am Whole India. After the June Cabinet elections, I held interviews with all the winners, in which I try to get inside their brains and explore their plans and reformist ideas for the region. In this interview we speak to Minister of Military Affairs FiHami and seek to understand her stance on issues of public and military importance.

Firstly, congratulations on your election victory.My first question is this: you are the new minister of Military Affairs, so what is the region's new military policy towards TBH?

So, regarding TBH. We are a defender region, and, seeing that TBH is a raider region, we stand on opposite sides. We will continue what we always do, chasing them on their tag runs and preventing them from raiding regions. That won't change.

In regard to the Aurora Alliance, its section 2, clause 1 says "The signatories agree not to engage in any military hostilities against one another." As the entirety of NS knows that TNP is always working hand in hand with TBH, is the military going to stop operations liberating regions conquered by TNP?

So, no, TNP isn’t always working hand-in-hand with TBH. They do go on tag raids with TBH members, but they also go on detag runs with us as well. They are an independent military organization and do a little bit of everything.
Now, regarding military ops liberating regions, if the NPA is acting as a piling force with TBH, we are still going to work with the other Defender militaries to liberate the region. That doesn't change. If the NPA is working with TBH on a tag raid, we'll chase them with other military orgs (provided we have the numbers to contest on that particular night.) Though the MoFA would probably be better to ask about more specifics.

Which regions help/aid SPSF in liberating and defending Regions?

Well, it's a massive effort with many at the helm. TGW, RRA, UDSAF, amongst others.

What is your plan for recruiting people?

So, my plan for recruitment will be to really boost up our military. We do have amazing people in our ranks who deserve recognition for what they do. And to do that, we'll continue to publish reports, talk to our fellow TSPers about the military, and encourage people to join. And we'll have fun doing so in the way TSP does: with llamas and lampshades.

We all know that Foreign Affairs and Military Affairs are closely connected, so how are SPSF's relations with Europeian Republican Navy [ERN]?

That would prooobably be something more for MoFA, I'm not quite familiar with them yet.

What about inactivity in SPSF? If there are inactive nations in SPSF, will they be forced to be active or ejected?

So, you can't force someone to be active, that's never fun. But, I do plan to be a little bit more strict on having people participate in at least 1 update a month or lose their status as a member of the SPSF.

Osiris is an officially declared Invader region. What is the Military's official stance against them?

"If they raid, we defend." It is our general policy.

What is the SPSF's policy in regards to counter-intelligence?

I don't think I can answer that question. Because I don't know.

What other military reforms do you plan?

Well, overall, I do plan for more cultural engagement within the SPSF, be more prominent in TSP, really just promote more of a healthy "defender culture" in TSP.

My last question to you: what will you do to find spies in the SPSF?

Uh... I reeeaaally doubt that there are raider spies in the SPSF. But if we do find one then the court can have their fun.

FiHami is clearly a strong Defender MoMA with plans for recruiting more soldiers and continuing the SPSF’s excellent reputation. It promises to be an interesting term for our Defender stance, which leads neatly onto tomorrow’s interview with Minister of Foreign Affairs, Qvait.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Omega