We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Should Generals have LegComm-esque access?

Hi, I recently resigned from LegComm. This is posing problems with helping in the SPSF.

The typical security check for people joining the SPSF is pretty much the same as the legislator check, and requires ACP access. This is pretty much essential for R/D organizations as spies are common. When I was LegComm it wasn't a problem to these checks. Now it is.

"Why not just have LegComm do it, or have Roavin, the General who is on LegComm, do all the security checks?" Because look at the Legislator applications right now >_> do you think making them process even more stuff will be a good idea

I don't think it should pose a legal issue - the Generals have to be approved by the Assembly, just like the LegComm, so it's not like random people can now access the ACP. However would still be nice to hear opinions.

I think that MAYBE having one of them is okie dokie as that why they can vet their own people. It may make things go a bit faster for them.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking.