We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Completely out of left field

PRESS RELEASE

COMPLETELY OUT OF LEFT FIELD

22 September 2020

Fellow South Pacificans,

It has been an honor to serve as the Minister of Foreign Affairs this past term and work with several other citizens and my counterparts to bring us closer to a more organized community of defenders, which was my term's goal. Many efforts were made to present this idea to several other defender regions, and we are closer now to a formal bloc than we were four months ago.

Unfortunately, I do not think that I will be the minister to see this through. It was difficult for me to make this decision, but I will not be running for reelection in October. This is no decision that I reached lightly. In fact, I had fully intended to run for reelection and already partially drafted my campaign thread.

However, as my third year of college draws near, I do not feel confident that I will balance my responsibilities well. Obviously, if I choose between real life and NationStates, the former wins no matter what. The mantra is that real life is more important than NS, and it can't be any more true than it is now in this situation.

This is not a resignation letter, and I intend to complete the term until my successor takes office. I'm not planning to make any significant foreign policy announcements that haven't already been made. My role as Minister in the last month of my term shall solely be administrative.

Even though I may not be running for reelection, I will still be active on NS, and I will ask each potential successor where they stand on the bloc and what their intentions are for defenderdom. I hope that whoever my successor is will continue this bold vision of organizing the defender community.

Make no mistake, the bloc is in our grasp. Whoever we choose to elect as Minister of Foreign Affairs in October has a great chance of getting the bloc done by the end of the upcoming term. The question is our commitment to realizing this bloc. I trust that the next minister will get us past the finish line, and I'll be there for this minister to provide advice when needed.

Faithfully yours,

Jay

4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History