We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

User groups and permissions

Recently, the admin team has run into the problem of having way too many forum masking groups. It makes it hard for us to make sure the proper people have access to the right forums and/or set up permissions on new forums.

As such, we're planning to parse down the different maskings. We have 23 maskings, which we'd like to cut down to about 11. To do that, we're going to switch to various designated moderators and password protected forums.

These are the masking we'll end up with:

Quote:
  1. 1, Delegate - Vice Delegate
    2. Cabinet
    3. Special Forces
    4. Committee for State Security
    5. Justice
    6. Citizen
    7. Banned
    8. Validating
    9. Guest
    10. Administrator
    11. Global Moderator

Now -- some of you are probably asking: What does this mean for me?

Answer: Not much. You'll be contact by myself and/or your superior to notify you of passwords.

If there's any questions/concerns let me or one of the other admins know.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Would this mean that ALL foreign guests now get masking?

(08-25-2014, 06:09 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Would this mean that ALL foreign guests now get masking?

Get what masking?

I assume it'll be done on a case-by-case basis and prob. with user maskings and password protected forums.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Foreign guest masking.

If you look through the registration center, you'll see what I mean.

Foreign guest masking is typically reserved for non-citizens who need access to a special forum for FA or RA reasons. It's a case-by-case masking. It's not like Diplomat masking that some regions use.

That's exactly what I mean.

My questions have been answered.

That is all.

For clarification, the reason we don't have diplomat masking is because all non-citizens can see pretty much the entire forum. There are very few areas that require citizenship.

When other regions use diplomat maskings, it's normally because non-citizens don't have access to very much of the forums. Diplomat masking would usually give more access.

Granted, you all are probably working on it, but, um. . . It appears I have been degraded back to Registered. Registered is fun, but, well, you know. Secret Cabinet discussions needs my input. What they are, can't say. So yeah. Please? And thanks.

Plus, would it be possible for us Moderators to change the passwords on our own sub forums by our selves?

Everyone is either a citizen or a registered member as of right now. In a few minutes maskings will be reinstated.

Moderators cannot change the passwords of their subforums. They will be consulted about which passwords they prefer, and will be able to request changes at any time, but the actual action of changing passwords requires access to the ACP.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I see. Well, thank you for answering that question.

Is the password public to all admins, or is it kept private?