We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

October 2020 Cabinet Election #8 - Minister of Culture Interview

[Image: wwRwWo8.png]

Year 18 | 11 October 2020

OCTOBER 2020 CABINET ELECTION
MINISTER OF CULTURE INTERVIEW
Moderator: James D. Halpert | Participant: Indusse

WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER 2020 MINISTER OF CULTURE INTERVIEW

I am James Halpert and I will be the host of this interview with Indusse, candidate for Minister of Culture. This interview is sponsored by the South Pacific Independent News Network.

The format of this interview will consist of two sections:

The first section will feature questions for the candidate on their qualifications, intended policies and their vision for the coming term.

The second section will feature questions from the opposing candidates.

This interview was not conducted live: the candidate was sent a list of questions and asked to send their answers within 24 hours.

Section 1 - Q&A

This is the first ever election for Minister of Culture, which means that many precedents will be set if you are elected. Even though you are the sole candidate and your election is quite likely, why do you believe that you are particularly qualified to lead this new ministry?

[Indusse] Well... Everything has its first time. It can be a beginning or an extraordinary era. I have faith in myself that I will be able to lead this ministry successfully. I would also appoint a deputy from the other candidates so that even when I'm unavailable they can take the call.

Beyond events and festivals, what projects do you think will be key in setting up the Ministry of Culture?

[Indusse] The Cards, Cards are a good idea so, we may have card exchanges. I don't know whether we have awards given out by the government if it isn't there we can do that. There can be many ideas but I takes time to work on it.

Vietnam has suggested using cards as a rewards system. Do you think there is space for cooperation with the Ministry of Engagement to use cards as rewards for participating in events and other activities?

[Indusse] Yes, Cards can be used as a reward system but not for everything. We could try it once and if it's a success we can go forward with it.

A common problem in the Ministry of Regional Affairs was that often senior fellows would ask for help and fellows wouldn't always answer. How would you ensure that those who apply to the Ministry of Culture actually contribute?

[Indusse] The Media may include SPINN, if I'm not wrong. We could ask them why they're interested in Media. If it's journalism then we can say that they should submit their first article within 14-20 days and should submit at least an article once in every 5/6 weeks.

You have no previously held any leadership positions in the region, particularly in the Ministry of Regional Affairs. Why should the region elect someone without a proven record?

[Indusse] I had said that I'm not experienced in TSP. But i have hold many posts in many regions including WA Delegate Post and I'm now a region's founder too. The posts can be found in the Conflict of Interest.

None of the candidates for this office have ever been elected to the Cabinet, which means that one of you will gain access to classified information. Why should the region believe that you can be trusted with that kind of access?

[Indusse] Qvait had asked this same question before, I will say that there isn't anything that makes you feel that I cannot be trusted. So I do believe in myself and secrets should remain as secrets.

Desserts are a contentious issue in the region. Do you prefer cake or pie?

[Indusse] Well... I'm from India, we don't eat Pie much. So, cake is preferred over pie.

Section 2 - Cross-Questioning

[Royaltica] How many events have you planned as a MoRA fellow?

[Indusse] Nothing yet, we are working on a event with Lazarus and yes, I'm planning to help in the Paradoxical.

[Swifty] Seeing how new you are to TSP, not many people may have heard of you. How do you think this will affect your chance of winning and what will you do to combat this?

[Indusse] Everything has a first chance, if I'm not elected now they will know about me and may get me elected next time. There are plans of singular campaigning but I don't know how effective it will be.

This concludes the October 2020 Minister of Culture Interview. Thank you Indusse for participating and thank you to our audience for attending. See you at the polls!

The South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN) is an independent news organisation established in 2003 with the goal of providing good, insightful and timely commentary on regional events for the citizens of the South Pacific. Opinions expressed in this publication do not necessarily reflect the views of the Editorial Board. Content is published via pseudonyms. The SPINN is not associated with the Government of the South Pacific.