We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Charting a Path

The Peony stood around a circle of delegates and councillors. In response to calls over the lack of autonomy by the Royal Palace, The Peony asks that a four-year mandatory review is to be made of her performance, similar to those of the royal council, the court and the people's council. An unprecedented move since the Great War, in which the preceding Nuwang cancelled the mandatory review of her rule due to increasing anti-war sentiment and the infiltration of Karnetvorian agents in the Shogunate.

"Are you ready, my Nuwang?" Royal Premier Sima Yi asked. He was the presiding chair on the review as the second head of government and the highest figure in the royal council.

"Insyaallah.. I am ready."

"Distinguished members of the government, today we shall review the performance of the honourable Nuwang of Huawan, doctor Yan, as by the request of the Royal Palace on 30th of October 20XX. Members of the court must follow the rules of the review as established by the Peocratic Law 60.915 in regards to mandatory governmental review. As such neither the reviewed party nor the reviewer be allowed to pull rank and maintain quorum or face high consequences. We may begin."

"Thank you Royal Premier. Doctor Yan." Said High Justice Tamhane Fang, "will you please explain about the current government and how has it improved in your care?"

"Esteemed Reviewers. The Royal Peonic Government has been given more autonomy and taken a more progressive step to provide its son and daughters the ability to chart their own paths. Autonomus Governments has been made for each provinces, most notably the eastern government, which have decentralized the power from the Royal Palace and the central provinces. Every province has its own prefectures that passed the "amanah" from us to the people, and the concerns of the people to us. Our government has become strong, and wise, we work for the people, with the people and ensure a great foundation of government for years to come."

"While it is true that the decentralization from the Royal Palace had certainly gone smoothly on your watch, you have also been accused for tyranny. The silencing and forced disbandment of political parties in both the people's and royal council has alarmed observers from the World Alliance and the World Forum. What are your thoughts?"

"Our government follows the Peonic rule and Peonic law. It does not adhere to philosophies that designate to divide us. We all grow and live on this good earth we call home, and nurtured by the country we place our roots. Political ideas have given us an excellent opportunity to open our minds and come up with fresh ideas that would flow with time. It is the belief of the Royal Palace under my guidance that we must nurture new and different political ideas so that we remain up to date and ready to face future challenges, however, enforce that we are members of the same government and statesmen that adhere to Peonic law. We therefore believe that political parties that proclaim to be on the side of the everyday statesmen, that do not adhere with the peonic belief in which every part of nature intertwines and help everyone develop, are simply misguided and must be swiftly addressed. I will not allow the palace to be a house divided by a mere thought."

""The Peocracy has seen remarkable expenditure increases in the 4 years of your leadership." Remarked People's Speaker Renatta Yokosuki "With heavy investments towards greener energy, education reform, industrial incentives, scientific research and healthcare. There is also increased expenses on the military and navy, in addition to it, countless weapon tests in the Overseas territory of ZhangHai, including ballistic missile tests have concerned observers. Are these increases justified?"

"The world is changing honorable chairs. There is no benefit on investment of the proven true if they are not proven true in years to come due to its sheer unsustainability. In my rule I have given my ministers tasks to reform our humble Peocracy for the better. We are, by no means, leaders of the region nor the Knightisian federation, but we aim to be the best of our shadows, better than the past and even better in the future. Our economy has increased threefold and we are the leading fronts in healthcare and scientific research. As for the military, our interests and the defense of our nation is even more important than the past, the region is in continuous turmoil and there is never a dull moment where we might be risking an all out war."

"The People's Council has expressed its continous fear that our Nuwang, the defender of the Peocracy of Huawan and both the head of state and the head of government, still retains its role as a general surgeon for the Lian Royal Hospital, a specialized lecturer for the Lotus University Medical Faculty and a researcher. All roles that definitely take a lot of your time from governance. Despite your relinquishment of your duties to your subordinates, there is still concerns regarding your capabilities amidst so many posts, what are your responses?"

"As the Quran said, to kill a man is to kill humanity, to save a man is to save humanity."
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 4 users Like Hammerstar's post:
  • GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14, Qwert, VPRB

"Thank you for waiting my Nuwang." Said the Royal Premier Sima Yi, as he allowed the Peony to sit."

".........."

"The honorable council and chair has taken into account the inquiry and review. Under the mother of nature, this council views that the Peocracy of Huawan is under sufficient leadership, and therefore we choose to trust your post as our guardian until the next review."

After her review, The Peony moved to the Grand Assembly of Huawan to provide several words. Two days she found herself infront of the peonic leadership and government.

"The Peocracy of Huawan must assume a position of power in this world, and we must lead the region to success and prosperity. Our foreign and domestic interests is of upmost importance, and I ask you all, honorable councillors, ministers and members of the Royal Peonic Court, of your dedication to serve the Peocracy and her citizens. Insyaallah, with cooperation under competent leadership, we can all ensure that The people are served well. So let us work together and bring our nation to the jade of the South Pacific."

Bobby Jones saw the assembly line in the canning factory at Qaweritoyou. Automized with special workers with sufficient pay, he was making progress in reducing the need for Slavery in the nation, and ensuring that robotics sponsored by the Bank of Templar is the way to go.

He took a sip of gin as he looked on the documents. There may be other work that he needs to do, and the Reizen theatre is one that's teeming with missions. He gazed at his watch, when there is a vibration in his pocket. His next orders are here.

"Jones"

""Good day Mr. Jones, how are operations?"

"As stated in the report, ma'am." Jones said, he knew the voice on the phone. Lady Claire Andosterra Layton, Bank Manager of the Cordillera Branch of the Templar Bank, and currently, his client.

"I ask that you stand by and continue operations in the country, you will be summoned the next month to prepare for the upcoming mission."

"Very well."

"The Peocracy will soon face some... crisis of economic and technological proportions. We must ensure our interess remain... Interesting."

"Yes ma'am."

"I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?"

"A key ma'am."

"Good, alright, await further instructions"

The phone was hung up. Bobby Jones placed his phone back in his pocket, and tries to speculate on the crisis at hand. The Peocracy? what could possibly happen?

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 2 users Like Hammerstar's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, VPRB

[Image: 1026517711.jpg]
The military parade commemorating Sunrise Day continued after no more cases in the GID-20 pandemic. The Royal Palace had decided to cancel the parade this year, however public support on the military parade convinced the Royal Palace to begin, with health and safety etiquette of course. While some in the People's Council support the parade as a way to get out of their houses, others believe that the parade is a show of force once more. How could it not, with so many tensions going on in the region.

The Peony stood on the viewing balcony with the heads of government of Huawan. The Royal Premier, High Commodore, High Diplomat, Imperial Military Advisor and the Imperial Exchequer, among others. As regiments after regiments passed through the streets of XinYue, The Peony continued to discuss on the recent events that transpired in the region.

"Earemland and Absolustan is going to go on war, and Besern is going to join in with Earemland. It won't be long that our allies would join in on the conflict." Said Imperial Military Advisor Roland Young.

"The Kingdom of Sedunn has reached out to the countries in the conflict on the situation." Responded High Diplomat Diao Chan as she looked at the soldiers pacing, making sure that she remained respective on the parade. "I am not sure that they are willing to listen to them however, the tensions are too intense in the area."

"Several reports from our merchant vessels corroborate, the conflict is increasing missile trails in the skies." Said High Commodore Zheng He, "we have to reroute every vessel to calmer waters and maintain our naval presence there."

"We managed to float through the pandemic thanks to sufficient exports of medical equipments and military equipments." Said Exchequer Lord Kim Sol, "however if tensions increase it would be very difficult to stay as well as we currently are."

"Absolustan would definitely retaliate against Earemland, Valora along with Ryccia would definitely counter attack on Izaakia. There seems to be an insurgence from FiHami to Besern." Said High Commodore Zheng He, shaking his head.

"There is never a dull moment in The South Pacific, yes?" Said The Peony, chuckling as she hid her mouth using her hand. ""These fools believe that the best thing to do after a regionwide pandemic is a war."

"You're not thinking of joining my Nuwang?" Asked the Royal Premier, Sima Yi, worried.

"Certainly not. I would never..." Responded The Peony, she continues to smile as the parade moves along. Visibly shaken.

The parade continued as the troops assemble in the square for the Peonic address, The Peony took her time washing her face and cleansing as the call for prayer begins. She looks at the tap water and the mirror. Idle, before moving out of the toilet and into the waiting room. The High Commodore Zheng He looked out of the window, with his hands in his pockets, before gazing at The Peony. He looks at the 3rd generation that he served with, Yan was almost like his own granddaughter. He remembered the times when his own children were distraught in various situations. He of course is one of the few people that knew The Peony has anxiety, and she does an excellent job hiding it. However, not now.

[Image: th?id=OIP.nf7TGLIUMEO9GuY9kh43TQHaFj&pid=Api]
The Peony continues to look on the mirror in the room., still visibly shaken. When the High Commodore places his hand on her shoulder

".....Yan, I can only imagine the weight that you hold on your shoulders, and how testing it would be for you." Said Zheng He, "Understand that this office requires your full attention, and now, our people needs purpose. You have promised in the 4 year mandatory inquiry that you will try to sew together the division that splits the council."

Zheng He looked at The Peony from the same mirror her eyes are fixated on, and continued. "Your family has continued to preach strength in unity, weakness in division and strength in nature. Your inclusion in the South Pacific Special Forces, as well as the expansion of the expeditionary forces to liberate against invaders and raiders, have certainly provided much needed support for the military. However, we need to set concrete goals.... Call it your legacy."

"My legacy?" Asked The Peony, as she blinked and looked at her High Commodore. The High Commodore then took the opportunity to point at the royal portraits in the waiting room.

[Image: rzBejXWl.jpg]
"The Honorable Peony, Mei Yan, took a stand against the allies and the imperialists while maintaining the country in an all out civil war and standing firm against a rebellious government."

[Image: eBmFzypl.png]
"Your grandmother, The Peony Lingxin Yan, managed to form the first Shinkansen line, the Huawan Intercontinental, won the Arasian war, and quell the civil war by Les Rouge and Les Verdes while strengthening Peonic hold in the seas."

[Image: d60qGynl.jpg]
"Your mother, Akane Yan, strived for conservation and industry, enriching and expanding Peonic interests outside of our region, including launching the first Peonic mission to Maxima and Minima, launching the first woman to space. You must begin a legacy and ensure that The Peocracy moves from strength, to strength." Said Zheng He.

"From strength to strength? That is good." Said The Peony as she smiled, which soon wore off when Zheng He stared at her seriously. She continues:

"I do not see any reason to have our statesmen to join the conflict in the northwest, and I will only mobilize on the offensive if needed be. 爷爷, I must respect my mother's wishes to sow the seeds of peace and prosperity, while respecting my ancestor's wills for strength and solidarity.... Elder sister Shizuka needs me to grow popularity and economic strength to ensure strength in the Knightisian federation.

[Image: tumblr_p2j4z4RFGa1v65bbmo1_500.jpg]
".......Yan, what do you want?" Asked High Diplomat Diao Chan when she entered the toilet, looking at The Peony so visibly shaken.

"....I am a doctor, 妹妹, more than the past and even more in the future." Responded The Peony, sighing. Her best friend simply hugged her tight and brushed her hair. Zheng He shook his head and said a poem.

"When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way." "That is what Lingxin used to say." He said.

Zheng He looked at The Peony once more, like a father looks at his son when the entire weight of the world sat on him. The Peony did not thread on egg shells, on the contrary, she is given egg shells to walk on. A knock on the door was made.

"My Nuwang... You are needed for your address." said a Guardian.

The Peony then gently pushed her friend off, and fixed her hair. She gave a deep breath, before walking out of the room. She didn't know what to say, somehow that day the world had so many riding on her shoulders.

"The Peocracy of Huawan is a strong nation in the region of The South pacific, we strive for excellence, progress and strength. Seasons change and nature stays, so does her statesmen that feeds off the abundance of mother nature. We have lost our way many times, but nature continues to defend our existance, as such we are the children of nature. Honorable statesmen, I thank you for entrusting us in representing our great land in the region, and our efforts in the seas of The South Pacific continue to expand." Said The Peony, she pauses... her words are usual. The appreciative patriotism of the Royal Palace. She gave a sigh and paces her eye on the crowd of onlookers behind an array of cameras waiting for her to act.

The Peony looks up, she remembers the days her father took her stargazing when she was 4. That at 9 at night, when she couldn't sleep and her father was working in the study, he took her to go see the street lamps. Adorned under the bright stars. She took a deep breath, and begun again.

"Years of being a doctor in Huawan made me explore the world unseen. Our lives are defined by what it is seen and done, yet we sometimes fail to assure ourselves of the things done that we can't see." Said The Peony, "as a pathologist I realized that the world is one that's unseen, the microcosmos, a whole galaxy of cells and connections that exist invisible to the naked human eye. An orchestra of unity, peace and cooperation that everyone take for granted. Every breath, every smile, every sorrow, is the product of trillions of connections in our body, working in tandem to create even the simplest reaction. This is the micro-cosmos.

She increased her tone

[Image: 1538550190-Fan-Bingbing-Getty-960x540.jpg]
"Statesmen of The Peocracy of Huawan, We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. For this is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity....." The Peony paused "everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life? in foolishness, birth progress, my friends. We move from strength, to strength, and to appreciate our the unseen, we must explore the cosmos above!"

Her statement seemed to resonate with the onlookers. This might be her best speech yet.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," she thought. "I, The Peony of Huawan, hereby announce that we shall finally explore the world above, we shall have the first mission in The South Pacific to land in Tyr and lead the world to prosperity. For the world, for The South Pacific, For HUAWAN!"

[Image: b0c19664-bc1e-11e8-8bc4-fc59ff6846aa_132...090407.jpg]

森の霊を守れ!
Mori no rei o mamore!

神の霊を守れ!
Kami no rei o mamore!

森の霊を守れ!
Mori no rei o mamore!

神の霊を守れ!
Kami no rei o mamore!

森の霊を守れ!
Mori no rei o mamore!

神の霊を守れ!
Kami no rei o mamore!

- Doraemon

• GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14

[Image: th?id=OIP.e_e-brHa8I3fpDzCdDg73gHaE8&pid=Api]
The Peocracy of Huawan. A country filled with tradition and a spirit for innovation. A country that touts much economical spirit and enthusiasm for regional safety, compared to the military giants of Ela, Izaakia and United Atlantic or the diplomatic power of Sedunn, Gi-Land and the Frost Empire it pales in comparison. Yet Huawan is respected, it knows what is necessary for development and prosperity, whilst respecting the nature that gave birth to its people, sustaining them. The entire country is over 80% preserved nature, 60% of which are preserved. It could've been much, much more, this nation, had it became a bit more willful to use the lands for economical sustenance, yet the Peocracy chose not to.

[Image: OIP.Tw3G3tWzav8yg8-ofaqQpQHaIf?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
That was the thoughts of Minamoto Shizuka Rowena, as she climbed about the Sacred Forests of The Peony, trekking its woodlands and hearing the animals chirp. A subtropical forest had made the land rich of biodiversity, where the tropical north and the Terran south collide. She took steps that made the sounds of wet leaves, it was humid, and she continued. There were not many mosquitos, thankfully, the trek was made and sustained well for those that would like to visit the sacred forests. It's been a while since she hiked ever since her first child, and definitely not in the Peocracy.

Her sister, The Peony, was in her errands from the HIA 402 crash. After a stunt pulled by the expedition heads on numerous sabotage, which was surprising to say the least. She had planned to visit her sister that day, but she will be back tomorrow after an assembly with the expedition heads.

"Probably to scream at them." she thought, as she pressed on. The ground was higher and hilly, she looks to the front and saw the outline of the Xiongwei mountains towering up, reaching the skies. It's been a while since she would try to journey to the peak of Mt. Nara, the highest point of the Xiongwei Mountains, and the highest point of The South Pacific. She decided, however, to just trek the forests. On a safe and dry clearing, she sat down on the rock, took her bottle and drank the water within. Pacing her breaths while enjoying the sounds of the forest, the birds chirping and so forth. Her machete on her right, in case, if wild boars were to rush at her.

[Image: th?id=OIP.XezK_WCLJGYvtQqzy2IgzAHaE7&pid=Api]
Shizuka sighed and enjoyed her rest. Taking out her map of the trek, one given to her by the Peonic guardians. They were instructed to escort her on the hike, but Shizuka was a Hammerstarian, and there was no Hammerstarian citizen that could not fend for themselves. A hike was simple, and she continued traversing the leaves and the rock paths, the ones laid out by The First Empress of Huawang, Lady Mangling Mangsten. She looked at the map, and took a walking stick from her bag, using it as she continued her journey. The next camp is an hour walk away, and another hour to walk to the village. "What a way to spend the day," she thought, hoping that The Peony would be finished.

- Doraemon

• GI-Land, Qwert

[Image: th?id=OIP.UObTWUnAtNJbEIQXma1UCgHaFj&pid=Api]
The metro en route from Quandong to Shirou station was a far one. The Eastern Line route of RPR Metro is built to transport village workers near the mountains and forests to the city, as well as increase tourism prospects in the rural areas of Lian. The city of Lian did not reach the skies liike the buildings of XinXian and Hai Lan, the residents sprawl across the landscape with rural houses, there was not much density, since there was not much need of creating tall skyscrapers. The city was large and wide, but it lacked density, thus the second metro line ever to be created in Lian were to connect the people in the villages to the town.

[Image: dorayaki-1.jpg]
Shizuka had arrived at the village after hiking from Nara to Quandong, certainly an achievement. She had eaten some dorayaki and drunk some warm soy milk as she looks at the rice fields and the village. The sun continues to stay up top on a great Peonic summer, shining bright at the rich green rice fields. She bit onto the dorayaki, a reward that she normally gives herself after a long and arduous hike in the Sacred Peonic Forest. The taste of her teenage years when her law school did a bunch of nature exploration programs, hiking hours on end only to taste the pancake. Shizuka knew that the confection wasn't exactly the best bread she has ever tasted, she's had richer ones. Furthermore, the place was so close to Quandong station, she could definitely afford to take a train to Quandong station instead of hiking from Nara station.

But Shizuka always knew that this was the best dorayaki, simply because she had trekked the forest before. A long journey only to be rewarded by a simple taste of warm pan bread with sugar and red bean filling reminded her of life, of reward. This was, the best meal she has ever tasted. After paying for the bun, and her legs relaxed, she walked towards the station. She took her phone and tapped it on the ticket box, the EDC got her through, and she a seat on an empty metro train, standing by.

Within 5 minutes, the train closed its door, and the stationmaster signalled the conductor to prepare for the journey. The train driver closed the doors, of a train carrying a sole passenger as it moves away from the station, through the cherry blossom forests. Shizuka gazed at the pretty cherry blossoms as the train moves along, enjoying the pretty sight of home, she wonders why she didn't come home sooner, why it took her so long to realize that this is home. The lingering feeling of satisfaction only achieved when you are truly home, and as the train sped up, so did her heart flutter at the elation that she is now at home.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
She looks at her watch and then her phone, looking at the messages. Then took out her second phone, the standard-issue Hammerstarian phone. A message from the Hammerstarian ambassador, Murdock Hilawood. The man had contacted Shizuka, The Peony would arrive tomorrow. Shizuka sighed, she had wished to meet the Peony tonight, at least take her out to eat. Oh well, it's her Christmas vacation after all, despite not celebrating Christmas. There wasn't much in the International Relation office of Hammerstar, so after placing her phones back to her backpack, she continues to watch the windows. Being lost at the beautiful sight of Huawan, its nature and effort to live beside it. Before she knew, the train was packed.

[Image: 20180426_110237-01370867521.jpeg?w=300&h=200]
As the train arrives in Shanzhou transit, she got off and platformed hopped to the next train on the riverside line, the first commuter line built in Huawan. The train, as usual, was packed, and she looped her hands unto a bar. Shizuka wondered the last time she could ride a train like this, she was not seen as royalty at that moment, more like a tourist that isn't a tourist. She is Peonic, and she definitely looked like a Peonisian woman. The train was leaving, and she took off her backpack and wore it in front of her. It was common courtesy to be mindful of your bag in trains.

[Image: puIrn9s.jpg]
She noted the manor's station, the Peonic manor was accessible from Rika station at the Central Eastern line. She however, decided to alight at Walker's Quay and hopped another metro to L'ecole. She had a meeting to attend to, something that she didn't think she would do. It's been so long. Alighting at L'ecole station, she tapped her phone at the gate, and made her way to the north exit, a series of bicycles were rentable, and using her phone once more, she rented a city bicycle and started to pedal. She took her time and continued pedalling through the streets of Lian. En route to a certain housing and food district. There, she met a couple of friends, preparing their cameras and the setting.

"Shizuka!" a man shouted, to which Shizuka pedalled towards him, keeping her breath controlled.

"Producer, hi! I'm terribly sorry I'm late."

"Nono, you're early as a matter of fact. Come there and freshen up, we'll be in for a long night."

[Image: temple-street-hong-kong-shutterstock_159755636.jpg]
Shizuka nodded, and pedalled to a large van on the side of the road. The hawkers and restaurants were going to open and the night market was beginning to emerge as the sun starts to set. Shizuka locked the bicycle and leaned it to the wall, she walked up into the van, where the staff was standing by for her. After greeting the staff, she took off her backpack and jacket, then she went to the restroom to cleanse herself. Cleaned from the debris and sweat, she took her prayer gear from her backpack, and went to the designated "star" area. 15 minutes of praying later, she got out of her room, and folded the gear up into her bag. She approached the cosmetics person, who then guided her to a seat infront of a mirror. She smiled at the thin flamboyant girl with a black shirt and tied sky blue hair, and they began to prepare. She changed her clothes to something rather... playful. Once done, Shizuka went out of the van, and addressed the producer.

"I'm ready, producer-san." she said, nodded.

"Excellent, Shizuka," he addressed, smiling as he sipped his coffee. He pointed at the man beside him. "This is Takeshi, he's your director for the video, I assume you've practiced already?"

"It is an honor, director." said Shizuka as she bowed at director Takeshi, "shall we?"

The team moved to the spot where to begin, block apartments that faced a courtyard, old buildings that marked an era of dense living space since the recession of 1970. Colorful, dirty, an aura of a city that's fascinating to behold. The courtyard was a playground of sorts, a place normally frequented by those that live in the block apartments. Tonight however, it would be the place where one that would begin the trance. Shizuka stepped on the platform, she already knew her moves and her songs.

[Image: mondo-grosso-labyrinth.png?w=1200]
She had sung it and published it in her album, but the MV was due today and good timing. #AuditWrapped was going to begin, and they are going to publish this live, everywhere, tomorrow. The song is popular, but the MV is everything in this case. She kept her cool and did the one thing that no one else, apart from her, could do in the family. She had inherited, her mother's singing voice, and limber body for choreography. She was ready.

"Roll camera.... ACTION!"

- Doraemon

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hammerstar's post:
  • GI-Land

Medical Facility 1B, Peonic Expedition Forward Base, Monteros, Winston Island

[Image: 920x920.jpg]

As the typhoon went continues and the expedition meeting at an end, it was time for The Peony and her guardians to head back home. She is needed back in Huawan, a large number of her responsibilities needed to be met back home. She'll contact Huawan Intercontinental to be present in the area to aid the expedition as she decides to retire back to Capital Lian. She does, however, intend to see the wounded currently in the makeshift medical base.

As the car went to the lobby, The Peony got out, escorted by one of her guardians with a large black umbrella. She walked into the facility into the doctor's office, where she washed her hands. A nurse bowed beside her and dressed The Peony in a white doctor's coat, one that's been steamed with antiseptic. Two slides out from the sleeves, she buttoned them to close the white dress she was wearing. The Peony then took a surgical mask, before nodding at the nurse.

"Stay in front," Rin ordered, as she saw The Peony exit the office. Rin bowed deep to The Peony, and stood infront to open the door to the observation room.

Lights shone from the top as the crashing rain drummed unto the canvas roofing on top of the container, folding camp beds were laid out in a row with many men laying on it, along with poles by their side where fluid bags hanged., Pillows below their heads and blankets on top of their bodies, they were mostly Anserisan soldiers, resting and sleeping, except one, who was being tended by a nurse.

"How is he, nurse?" The Peony asked the nurse as she gave a light bow. The nurse was Winstonian, from her complexure.

"Honorable doctor, he is currently stable in his vitals. There are however massive impact wounds in his back that led to pressure in his spinal column. The doctor in attendance already called for a radiologist to examine him tomorrow morning."

"I see, send for some needles and a reflex hammer." Said The Peony, as she read the soldier's charts.

The nurse gave a nod and moved to the equipment cabinet. The Peony then stood beside the soldier on his right, afterwards, kneeling down, the soldier then looked at her, half awake.

"Your hand, please." In which the soldier gave his hand, The Peony grabbed his wrist and felt the radial artery, trying to feel his pulse, its strength and the tempo. She then gazed at his breathing, while taking a stethoscope and gliding the diaphragm over the valves.

"It is still rather weak, but the beats are regular." Said The Peony, as she received needles and a reflex hammer from the nurse. "I'll have you tended to a cardiologist tomorrow after your radiology session. Tell me, do you feel any numbness in the body?"

"I can't feel my jaw." He said, slurring. The Peony then lightly pricked the needle to the temple and watched his reaction.

"Is it painful?" she asked.

"Yes." Before stabbing the needle unto to the jaw.

"Is it painful here?" asked The Peony

"No." the soldier said.

The Peony then took the needle out, and placed her hands on the man's jaws. "Please move your jaw left and right, try to fight against my pressure."

The man tried to move his jaw left and right, against the Peony's palms. She can sense weakness and numbness from it. "Good", she said, before taking his chin with two fingers, opening it.

"Relax, don't hold it in." She said, before she took her reflex hammer and tapped it unto his chin. The reflex was felt, but rather lightly from what she's used to.

"I'll make sure that the neurologist would have you checked as well. We need to preserve your motorics as much as possible, especially in your spinal column." said The Peony, when gazing at the other patients in the room "how are your squadmates?"

"They've been worse, doctor. We are soldiers after all. Apart from heavy bruises, concussions and burn wounds, there isn't much."

"I'm glad." said The Peony, nodding. Before calling out for her guardian, "Rin."

Rin then entered the room quietly with a quick posture, towards The Peony. She then took a gun from her hidden holster and gave it to The Peony.

[Image: 1911_MAX_BB_GUN_LEFT.jpg]
"I believe I've borrowed one of your pistols, I do apologize for it, noting the circumstances." Said The Peony, brandishing it, before giving it to the soldier, which he gave a laugh.

"I knew you were the one that resuscitated me," the Anserisan soldier said, trying to speak clearly from such a weak jaw "you've helped us greatly when you landed on the island, and you did what you needed be, including saving my life. Not to worry your excellency, your secret is safe with us."

"My deepest appreciations, But I simply could not accept your praise, had it not been you, your squadmates wouldn't be here." said The Peony, as she bowed deeply to the soldier. "Our workers will make sure that your squadmates are tended properly until your companies decide on further orders, nurse."

Another nurse came to attend the group, she was Peonic. "Yes my Nuwang."

"Ensure that they are comfortable, with a well-balanced diet. Tell the head doctor to get these men recovered."

"Yes my Nuwang."

The Peony then stood up and nodded at the soldier with respect.

"I must depart back to my own patients, honourable soldier, may Allah give you a speedy recovery."

"Your excellency." nodded the Soldier, in his thick anserian accent, with whatever strength he could muster. The Peony then walked towards the exit, taking off the white coat and giving it to the nurse. She paused to address Rin.

"Rin, Are they inside the car?"

"Yes they are, my Nuwang."

"Please ride with the guardians, Rin, I need upmost privacy."

"Yes, my Nuwang." bowed Rin. The Peony walked to the exit, and waited until an umbrella had been unleashed, allowing her to enter the car dry.

- Doraemon

[Image: R1qget6.jpg?1]

As the typhoon begins to end, a plane had taken off and into the harsh weather. The modified CKJ Swallow experienced harsh turbulence as it tries to fly south, the plane designated as the 3rd VIP transporter for The Peony and the Royal Family. Codenamed the Hummingbird, the plane was under the airforce's tags but mostly paid by the Peonic Royal Family as a "Charter plane". Fitting only a room for the Peonic Royal Family, quarters for attendants and guardians. Although completely allowed to use the Royal Plane for her travels, The Peony herself prefers to take commercial coach/business, as it is cheaper to get a commercial flight ticket than to charter the Hummingbird. She does like the Hummingbird however, as much as other modes of transportation, and tries to use it when the time needed it.

[Image: ad_163380506.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo...C532&ssl=1]
As the violent turbulence ends, the pilot announced the seatbelt sign off. A showerhead unleashes a flow of water, warm but not too warm. Just right. The water trickled over the hair as it filled the room with the sound of raindrop, dripping shower water to the floor under light plane turbulence. The Peony took a bar of soap and slathered it all over her body getting all nook and cranny, her hands placed the soap back, and her mix of hair rejuvenator she caressed her hair with the care it needed. She was tired from everything that happened today, and realized that she has more things to do tomorrow as the year goes to a close, she sighs as the water drips, and decided to stay longer under the shower, matching the body temperature with the shower water.

Turning it off, she took a fluffy towel from the side, and dried herself up. The shower door was still steaming, and upon getting out, she took a white bathrobe and wore it over her body. She saw her mirror, and wiped off the steam to unveil her reflection. She's 32 already, couldn't believe that she was already that old and so long in power. It's improper for her to detest her position after ruling quite a while, her name is slowly forgotten as her titles carry her family name instead. Come to realize, no one knew The Peony's real name, generations of monarchs and only known as "Yan".

The toothbrush sat at her gaze as she took it, and with a toothpaste, started to clean her teeth moderately. She makes an effort to brush every morning and every night, and become mindful on her eating habits prior and after brushing. She's brought up by a strict household afterall, one that provides her with everything she could want and need, in exchange of selling her soul to the masses. A predetermined path that the royal family must take to the people of Huawan, a destiny she tried to fight, and lost.

It is not uncommon for her to be so mindful, being brought up with ADHD and Schizotypal Personality Disorders in her teen years, she tends to hate thinking so much when being alone, and that by only being so busy, she could instead do her present instead of thinking of it. It does take a toll on her body sometimes though, sores in areas, migraine episodes, itches on her ankles, and periods that seem a whole lot worse now than before.

Spitting, and washing her mouth from the minty paste. She placed her hands on the sink and looked at herself again. Before getting out of the restroom and back to her seat. She didn't feel the need to change back to something more proper, at least not until an hour before landing to Huawan. She crossed her legs upon sitting down, and took her glasses. Her notebook, reviewing the aftermaths of the HIA meeting, and the things needed preparation for the upcoming year. She wrote in her journal when a knock came in to earshot. She then spoke, in clear mandarin.

"Yes?" asked The Peony

"It's Rin my Nuwang, may I come in?"

"Enter."

Rin entered the room to The Peony. Wearing her suit, she saw The Peony reading and writing in her journal. She dropped down on her knees at the floor, to level her gaze as custom.

[Image: ixCk4Y0.png]
"We should be arriving four hours to Royal Capital Lian, my Peony. Is there anything you'd need the guardians to do, or for me to say?" Asked Rin.

"Tell them to rest Rin, it has been a long day for them." Said The Peony, without averting her gaze.
"It is my humble opinion as your guardian that you too, should rest for the night, my Peony."

The Peony continues to write on her journal on the things needed to be done later.

"I don't think I could now, Rin. These are the responsibilities of the Nuwang of Huawan."

Rin looked at her sister that's too engrossed in her work, too focused like before.

"Would you oblige me permission to speak and act without a title?"

"Yes."

"Thank you." Rin stood, and walked to the opposite seat. "Could you explain to me, meimei, the thought process that led you to do what you did yesterday?"

"I must say that the thought of death in our own led expedition shook me deeply. You know what my thought process are."

"And what of the risks that you decided to take. are they also wise in your book?"

"Not the slightest, but necessary, I believe."

"Your death, for the lives of foreign soldiers?"

"They would not dare to kill me."

"And what if they did, meimei? Do you not fear the barrel of the gun?"

The Peony stopped writing on her journal, and placed her pen down.

"Do not try to lecture me, Rin jiejie, the office of power is never immortal from acts of assassination, ever since I was born. Intermingling with the public is always a risk I must regrettably accept, a trust may be strong but nothing is unbreakable. If I were to die that day then so be it."

"Is your life truly that worthless to you?"

"I am simply stating the facts, Rin jiejie, I do not long for death, but it is unavoidable, I have seen death to those we give our most, and life to those from utter chance. Death to those loved, and life to those abhored. I am a physician, and we shall give our all, equally, to the best of our knowledge."

"Come now, are you trying to be a symbol of martyrdom meimei? From helping a handful of people that's not even your own countrymen? For a perfumed letter by a head of state? Is this a tactic of yours to gain support?"

"I wouldn't call it tactic, jiejie, that would be to mistake lethargy to strategy."

"And your strategy for your lethargy of the current world would be to risk yourself death by getting off the transport plane with an Anserisan pistol as you faced with the Besernians and the Izaakians."

"闭嘴!“ The Peony shouted, "how could you say it so."

*SLAP*

It stung her left cheek, the nerves signalled the blood to travel to the area and reddened. The pain receptors jolted as contact was received, it was strong.

"How dare you." Said Rin, as she teared up "how dare you think that your life is that worthless... I don't have a family to begin with, and I was happy mother took me in. I've lost my brother and my sister. I CANT LOSE YOU TOO!"

The Peony sat watching Rin, trying to compose herself

"I walked back and forth with my mind panicking on where you are and what became of you. I was the High Princess and the high guardian, your own security detail. Had they put a bullet through your body I'll make sure that their bodies grinded to dust till there was no trace of their existence." Said Rin, "you are not like Finix Fi'Shi nor Yena Yamera-Hyudo. You are far more than a snotty brat who couldn't even calm the mind of her people, or a head of state that believed that she knew better than disaster relief staff at evacuating people. You know death but have never administered it yourself."

"You are no martyr, martyrs are symbols of the past that the present looks up to. In death they remain a symbol of an idea, but they remain just that, a symbol. You are still in the present, integral to the future, instead of being a symbol, you are in full control of the path to make those ideas to a reality. By dying, you have betrayed your own capabilities to acting on those ideas, your role to secure the nation is much more important than the lives of those soldiers. When can you understand that?" Said Rin, she looked at The Peony again.

"If you were to die that day, meimei. I have failed my duties to protect you as your guardian, I have nothing but sorrow and sadness as your royal High Princess, I shall mourn you as a statesman, and I shall cry for you as your older sister. You are all I have left, meimei, please."

The Peony looked at Rin, sobbing. Rin was never this.. truthful after a long while. The Peony did nothing but hugged her sister tight, and reciprocated her tears as with a sister would.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
The Peony stayed silent however, she wanted to tell Rin and assure her that everything is alright, that everyone shall live and can be a happy family once more. But The Peony knew better to expect it or to promise such a rosy picture. Rin was right, she has to live to make the ideas a reality, but no one is above failure, let alone death. So she just hugged her elder sister for her comfort in the matter, whilst trying to console herself as well. The sun rose afterwards, but nothing was expected to be any brighter.

- Doraemon

• GI-Land, Qwert

Lotus University, Lian, 23rd of December, 2020

[Image: R.bb44a0e95823be4dd78671c7bcedcc3d?rik=%...ImgRaw&r=0]
The sun was still shining despite it being over 5PM, the birds were singing and the wind was gushing. Although it may be December, it was summer for The Peocracy of Huawan. As such the lights lasted longer than usual, much to the chagrin of those who retire early, and the satisfaction for those who preferred to stay up.

[Image: Wuhan-University.jpg]
In Lotus University, however, a lot of the research groups have been called off for the holidays, except for some dedicated members. The Peony herself had stayed over in the lab after she arrived back from the HIA expedition, as there were cells she needed to excite under the confocal microscope. It was a moment of truth, recording these cells before sending them off to the imaging specialist for further enhancement of the pixels. She needed the results for the sake of her PhD and Professorate, something that was continuously denied from her due to administration and those oldbags in the Faculty of Medicine.

She was still shaken up with her conversation with Rin, but she told herself to not think about the thoughts until the time she arrived back home. The Peony was also told that her older sister, the Sapphire Paladin, Shizuka Rowena, is going to spend the new years in Huawan, along with her husband and her young son. The Peony had been acquainted with her nephew ever since the Spring Festival Ball 2 years ago, and she's deeply fond of him. She can't wait to see him again.

"God I feel old." she pondered. When she finished packing up her stuff and moving out of the lab, Rin entered her older sister's office, suit and tie, stern and disciplined as ever.

"Shall I prepare your escort for you, my Nuwang?" asked Rin.
"....Let's take the tram back home, it's such a nice sunny day." Responded The Peony as she strapped her bag on her shoulder, one strap.
"As you wish, my Nuwang." said Rin, as she exited out to inform her guardians

The Peony wore her mask and walked off her office, en route to the exit of the facility building. She noticed the sun and the wind, dancing around her as if to ask her out to play. The Peony was too tired to think anything else, let alone to play with the wind.

[Image: Chinese-bodyguard-Shu-Xin.jpg]
She saw Rin waiting for her, after dismissing the other security detail. She walked with Rin towards the university tram station, and upon their arrival, waited for the tram to arrive. Rin was cordial, but The Peony knew her milk sister enough to know that there was something weighing on her mind.

[Image: OIP.7IRy2odzcujRkvgWIP1IugHaLI?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
"Are we still angry at each other on what happened yesterday morning?" Asked The Peony, while she was reorganizing her bag.

"I don't think I've resolved it right now, my Nuwang." said Rin, her hands behind her back "Although, there is something else on my mind."

"I'm glad that we're at least getting somewhere," said The Peony dryly, "what is it?"

"...I know that you do not celebrate the holidays with people out of our family, my Peony, last new years are basically a sleepover with just me, you, Diao Chan and Ambassador Cherche. Now we're grateful in having Da Jie Shizuka and her family with us." Answered Rin.

"Refreshing isn't it? I've heard that she just published her MV in audit wrapped. It's pretty popular on Stream and MeTube. I can't wait to see our nephew again, just the feeling of seeing him makes me flutter." Said The Peony, smiling

"He does share your interest in trains, Yan. Much like our grandmother." answered Rin, "it's a shame that you can't buy him a proper train set yet, he's still too young."

"Call me meimei." Said The Peony, "he's completely fine with seeing my diorama, and once he's 5, I'll buy him his first set. Do you have that nagging feeling that you'd just like to pamper your nephew and give him the best things?"

"Surely meimei, I'd be his favorite aunt." Chuckled Rin, "our nephew is Hammerstarian, and I'm just saying that as a martial artist, he'll definitely appreciate my tutelage and my old wushu sword."

[Image: 48257463982_76578819e4_b.jpg]
"I'll gladly take that into a challenge, Rin." Remarked The Peony, as the tram arrived at the terminal. The Peony came inside and tapped her card, before moving to sit down. Rin stood up instead, preferring to hold the straps as the tram moved along. The both of them continued.

"Have you got your metro card?" Asked The Peony.

"I used cash." Said Rin.

The Peony sighed, "I'll get you a card soon."

"I assure you meimei, the only time I've used the public transport is when you'd like to." said Rin, "which I hope you'll try to not do often."

"I comprehend the implications, Rin. It's nice to remember a simpler time though, something I can never have anymore."

"Promise me you'll not make this too much of a habit." Warned Rin, brushing off The Peony's points.

"I'll try to keep it in mind." nodded The Peony.

Rin then looked around to check up on the security, and immediately looked back at The Peony, clutching her bag on her lap as she looked outside, thoughtful. Rin remembered that she forgot to ask The Peony.

"Well, meimei, I was wondering." Rin said, meekly. "If I was to invite someone for the holiday dinner today."

"Who do you have in mind, Rin?" Asked The Peony.

"Well, its--"

Before Rin was able to answer, the tram had just stopped into the faculty of arts and culture shuttle halt. As the driver opened the door, some people got on the tram. One of which, is a man, both Rin and The Peony knew full too well. How could they not? he's been a frequent guest in The Peonic manor. The two didn't notice him however, and the man made it clear a mission that he wanted to surprise someone.

He walked towards Rin, as such with people shuffling into the tram, he wanted to pay her back for something she did a long time ago, and hope she wouldn't take it the wrong way. He reached out his hand to Rin's shoulder, trying to embrace her and kiss her.

Rin was of course, was on duty, so the time she felt a hand, she twisted it and tied him back. Which was surprising some of the tram's passengers. Apparently, Rin did take it the wrong way. It took her a bit to wake up from her instincts and realized what had happened.

"Rin, Rin! it's me!" said the man. Which, after Rin took off his hand, him spun around to see her boyfriend. Rin was worried if The Peony saw anything, and he was trying to stop him.

Weirdly, he was braver that day to embrace her, a sudden feeling of moxie enveloped him to do this. It was then he registered that Rin's little milk sister, a woman wearing a mask, saw him embracing Rin. The Peony saw everything.

[Image: OIP.gj7QWb3gFHhac601ZqigsAHaE8?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
Aran Koigataki had seen many things, he had thought of staying in The Peocracy for 2 years, but realized that the number of things in this country could not be easily drafted in 2 years. He asked for more, to a point that he made a special class on Frost culture and Frost language in the Lotus University Faculty of Arts and Culture. At this point, his visit became more of a study rather than a diplomatic visit. He always joked with his friends in the anthropology department that if he's here longer, the emperor might ask him to be the Frost Ambassador to Huawan instead.

Actually, there was another reason why he stayed a bit longer, a reason why he started being frequent in The Peonic Manor. There's better milk tea in the cafe near the river, and he's not exactly the number 1 fan of The Peony's tea library, he found the taste quite complex. Someone that he didn't expect of noticing, considering her occupation. The person urged him to stay a bit longer.

He was wondering about how to impress this person, he found Peonic women very difficult to understand. They don't really react well to the common Frost lingo, let alone him being so reserved.

So after his class, he had a late lunch with his friend in the anthropology department. A specialist in Northern Huawan Anthropology, and a professor in austral academic writing. He confided in him of his girlfriend, one that his friend already met.

"Peonic women are more reserved, and you've already made a good impression. That is enough, but you need to show them that you'd like to be serious." he said, "Weirdly, something brave and blunt is something they like, respectable of course. Maybe hug her and try to kiss her, so she'll know. A little bit of moxie."

"Moxie" Aran thought, a word that he rarely hears. He's going to try, maybe it'll go well.

- Doraemon

The Peony's Manor, Lian, 3rd of March, 2019

[Image: OIP.-iAZmO9C9-HTC-HqzfJflgHaDy?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
It's a couple of months before the 2019 Female Football World Championships in Huawan, and The Peony was hosting a couple of guests in her manor. She wanted a bit of time for some tea after finished discussing with the championship organizers through video conference. She had invited a couple of her friends for teatime, one of which, is Aran Koigataki. He was an infrequent visitor in the Peonic manor, and The Peony does enjoy his work to understand further anthropological and cultural relations between Huawan and the Frost Empire. The Peony has a special agenda to ensure Sino-Asianic countries are close, and that includes the Frost Empire.

They had discussed it quite a long, about many things, which in The Peony's words, many interesting yet un-noteworthy things. But when the discussion became noteworthy, came a call for her to the hospital for an emergency procedure. It was not uncommon, but what made it unique that day was that two of the four attendants that day were also doctors in the same ward, all of which, had the page.

As The Peony and her fellows took their coats and rushed out to the hospital, Aran sat there She took her white coat and rushed out, leaving attendees of the teatime to be left inside. Aran had thought that although it'd be best for him to leave as well, one of the other guests is still sitting there drinking her tea, leaving her behind is something that you don't normally do.

Aran kept on thinking about this person, and he remarked that the mysterious woman barely said a peep at tea time. This woman wore long length hijab while wearing a golden long-sleeved cheongsam. He was wondering what to ask this woman, just because she looked tremendously familiar to someone.

"Have you ever went to hike in the Xiongwei mountains?" Aran asked.

"I certainly have, quite a lot of times actually." the woman answered, "have you, honorable prince Koigataki?"

"Aran would suffice, please." Pardoned Aran, as he raised his hand to dismiss her formality, "I've never hiked in the Xiongwei mountains, let alone to the peak. It seemed interesting, we don't have mountains as tall as Huawan back in the Frost Empire."

[Image: R.26ee157b8d6cd0d158bc7d108caaa67d?rik=g...ImgRaw&r=0]
"The mountains are immensely large, I think there are over 200 routes of varying difficulties. Each going to different hills, peaks or locations" The woman said, "the one path I like is the one our older sister used to take, a forest route laid with river rocks across hills and a stream. It's known as the 'Samurai path' an old path for the Daoist samurais back in the SongHwa empire."

"The SongHwa empire? You don't mean the Sino empire 14 centuries ago in Huawan?" Asked Aran, interested, "that would mean you've trekked in a path that's almost one and a half millennium ago."

[Image: 07%E6%98%A5%E6%97%A5%E5%B1%B1%E5%8E%9F%E...68x561.jpg]
"Yes, you are absolutely correct. There are two variations of the path, one from the Daoist Samurais of the SongHwa empire, the other by the first Peony of Huawan, Honorable Nuwang Mangling Mangsten." Told the woman, "the difference, if I recall, lies in the fact that Nuwang Mangsten's path crosses the Sacred Forests, while the path of the Daoist samurai next to the stream and old relics."

"It's absolutely fascinating, I wonder if there are anything of interest for my research. I always find it interesting that while Huawan has strong Sino-Asiatic roots, it does share a lot of Nihon roots similar to the Frost Empire." Said Aran, "with the samurai, the shogunate, manga, kimono. It's incredible."

[Image: 8gRd0TQl.jpg]
"Hahaha, I find it interesting that we have various different cultures and roots in Huawan, its tribes and kingdoms are absolutely different, and you have a feeling that the more you study about it, the more you can go deeper and find such an immense part of history." Said the woman, sipping another cup, until realizing the pot is empty. "I think I'm going to get a bit more tea, if you'd like to continue, Aran."

"Please! I'm always ready to discuss culture and anthropology." Said Aran, not realizing that he's in a stranger's home with another stranger who let herself into The Peony's kitchen for another pot of tea. It came to his attention when the woman came back with a tray, with a pot of frothing tea in an aluminum teapot.

[Image: 30407.jpg]
Wait, an aluminum teapot? In The Peony's manor? The Peony may be humble but she wouldn't serve her guests' tea from an aluminum teapot. After setting the tray down, the woman then poured an untransparent liquid into Aran's cup.

"I'm sorry to be brazen and assume you'd take your tea with milk. I do, quite often, and so I served you some pulled aromatic tea." Said the woman, "I hope you'll enjoy it, it's something I picked up after coming to Anzhou."

Aran watched the milk tea in his small porcelain cup, milk tea in a small peonic porcelain cup is like eating sushi with ketchup. It's not something common to have milk for high tea in Huawan, since the tea itself is too delicate to be ruined by milk. Well, it was a recipe from Anzhou.

[Image: OIP.YjDXGalh6sf-aSfUSow1rwHaDt?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
He felt the cup, it was cold. So not only it's as taboo as eating sushi with ketchup, it's even as worse as grilling the sushi beforehand. Aran felt like he was tested to betray a sacred Peonic custom, and was contemplating whether or not the woman before him was actually Peonic at all. His instincts, however, were interested in tasting the tea, he's got a sweet tooth, and milk tea is something he can't refuse.

He took his cup after she poured herself one. He raises it at her, "Ganbei." he said, the cheer before a drink.

"Ganbei" she responded, before both of them drunk the tea. Aran tasted it, and realized such a complex milky flavor, a sinfully sweet tea with strong spices. Hints of star anise, ginger, palm sugar, honey with smoked tea melding together with milk. It was something he tasted before, and it was too strong compared to his cafe recommendation. On that day, on that time, that tea was exactly what he needed that day.

".....Ah." Aran remarked.

"Don't you like it?" She asked.

"No, I do, absolutely." Said Aran, "I absolutely love this taste. It's a good break from bitter tea most of the time"

"I am glad." She remarked, before sipping once more, and wiping her mouth with a tissue. "Thank you Aran, I absolutely do enjoy your company this afternoon."

"...I'm absolutely sorry, but I didn't catch your name." Admitted Aran, embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I don't believe I've said it as well." Said the woman, chuckling, before offering her hand "I am Rin, Rin Fayya Kagamine."

"Aran Koigataki" Aran said, accepting her hand while trying to remember where he's heard that name before. "Likewise, if I may be so prude, may I look forward to seeing you again in the future?"

Rin then looked at Aran, gave a gaze trying to process this. Before giving her response.

"Unfortunately, my duties do not allow me to be available in this short amount of time. My responsibilities are numerous," apologized Rin, but she quickly responded after seeing Aran. "but, I'll be available once more here two weeks later on the weekend."

"Here? You mean.. here?" Asked Aran, confused.

"You're not the only frequent visitor of The Peony's manor." said Rin, as she winked, silently finishing her milk tea.

- Doraemon

The Peony's Manor, Lian, 17th of March, 2019

Red: Mandarin
Blue: Japanese

[Image: R.843f3592a3546a12fe98e1b85abc4b92?rik=5...1&sresct=1]
It was always an interesting trip to the Peony's manor, Aran Koigataki knew that the location of the manor is within old manor complexes and ancient buildings, dating back as early as the LiuSong dynasty, 7 centuries before the Peocracy of Huawan. He once walked with The Peony at their "date" on that... interesting day. He wanted to walk with her to the tram station, but ended up staying way longer than expected when he was continuously interested with the facts of ancient Peonic architecture. The Peony did try to explain as best she could and she was glad that someone had taken an interest in Peonic culture, that day, him in his suit while her wearing her white tea-colored top, dark blue scarf, and glasses.

[Image: u1584p28t3d2238306f358dt20081106091947.jpg]
"Lian was never a capital city unlike WeiSheng, XinXian and XinYue. They didn't have dedicated 'wealthy districts' until the Huawang Dynasty, when Lian became the de-facto capital. My manor used to be owned by a renowned physician back in the 16th century, and the surrounding areas were alms houses and clinics for the poor, it's said that at the time of the war, soldiers and medics were trained here while the peasant soldiers were cared for in the vast courtyards. That is why the area isn't exactly all that fancy and neat compared to the old mansions in XinXian, let alone the royal palace. I just feel there's something about this neighborhood that really clicked with me, and I also paid for this place myself before I became The Peony, I still do."

[Image: wit-beijingbikini4-articleLarge.jpg?qual...le=upscale]
Aran continues to walk past The Peony's neighbors, a mix of residents and shops through the alleyway. He saw kids playing in the street, and old men playing pai sho or chess, while some people prepared to erect a food stall for lunch. He knew that some of the residents were actually royal guardians or spies, tasked to ensure the path remained secure and safe. The Peony's manor was hidden away behind this maze of houses, with an "official" entry for dignitaries and guests was through the underground parking lot or the main driveway. The path he took was going to be through The Peony's small clinic, one she told him to pass through after Aran told The Peony that he'd like to view an artifact in her home.

At this point, Aran wondered why he started his date by being such a nerd, maybe that's one of the reasons why he got rejected on the date with The Peony. He knew his cousins and siblings back home are teasing him about it, telling that he was awkward and nerdy, they still do. It's not like she hated him for it, as his cousin, Crown Princess Remilia said "The woman still invites you to her place for tea and cookies, she wouldn't if she didn't want you as a friend." Well, at least now he could be more honest with who he was with her.

As he walked into the small and tiny clinic, he greeted the nurse manning the reception as he saw a couple of patients waiting for their turn for care. He saw The Peony on his left, preparing some tools with her physician assistant, while a man with a bandage on his head was sitting down.

"My Nuwang." bowed Aran.

"Ah Aran!" The Peony said as she was washing her hands. "I apologize that I couldn't accompany you at this moment to take a look at my father's collection. I still have some patients to attend to, but I've instructed someone to be with you."

"It is more than enough for you to do this, my Peony." said Aran, seeing that The Peony might be taking off a patient's stitches.

"Excellent, I'll try to join you for lunch after I finish. Please, make yourself comfortable." said The Peony, while she takes the patient's chart from her assistant. Aran was then led by another nurse to pass through The Peony's own office, leading him to a door unto the courtyard of the manor. The nurse then bowed to return, leaving Aran to walk the path towards the main room.

[Image: ChineseGarden109_10_11_tonemapped.jpg]
The stone bridge path winds along to the courtyard as he walks on it along the pond. He walked through it as he admired the scene. Aran wonders whether or not the people that passed through this bridge ever admired the pond and garden as much as him, the pond didn't seem like something that was made recently, maybe it lasted and cared for centuries. Yet for the creatures of the pond, life just passes by without care of time or who owned the manor, a fact that he deems noteworthy on creatures that are anthropologically irrelevant. He wasn't in a rush as he walked.

[Image: eaaebd8a4d8a0cd35bdf1233ac6e2836.jpg]
Passing through the trees and the bridge, he managed to be in the courtyard, which was surrounded by the main hall, stone walls with bright red frames for doors and windows, engraved by a master craftsman. He saw the view that he sees every time he sits at the dining table for teatime. A patch of grass surrounded with colorful common flowers, fenced by short bamboo fencing that overlooked the pond and the other buildings that circulate it. The view was usually empty every time he visited, it was calming and zen-like. Only today, he saw a person practicing in the courtyard.

[Image: 4a4b89b016735db4eef60f911b4fd928.jpg]
A woman in white wushu robes and pink embroidery, with pink soft shoes and a matching sword. She swung her sword while elegantly moving about every wushu form. Aran remembered that WuShu literally meant "war art" and a martial art form in Huawan to "please" dignitaries and higher-ups. Older monarchs in old dynasties seldom wish to go to war by themselves, and they find masters of WuShu able to tell the story of war just by their movements. Aran then remembered the time he trained Aikido back in Oured, something his parents got him to do, and one he continued after his service. It certainly fended off his bullies when they teased him for being so reserved as a kid.

Aran continued to observe her set, elegantly swinging the sword as if the sword was an extension of her body. Her flexible body made her movements efficient and quick, yet strong and accurate. "Fly like a butterfly, and sting like a bee", but there was a sense of realism to her movements, a feeling of combat and precision. Channeling her body to strike with every stroke, she was focused, she was entranced, she was lovely.

After she finished her set, she sheathed her sword back and rested it on the floor. She gave a stretch, before sitting down. She took out a scroll from her side, and began reading it. The woman reviewed the wushu sets and forms. Aran gave a smile and a sigh, before entering himself to the vicinity, of which he bowed a bit to the woman to greet her.

"Good morning, Rin." He greeted.
"Good morning, Aran." she greeted back, standing and bowing. "I don't understand why I told you morning when it's clearly noon."

Aran understood it completely, he hated that he had to greet her at noon, austral salutations were always more complicated at noon. Usually, he would approve, but the schedule called for noon and he hate noon appointments. If it's before 12:01. no way that he could use afternoon yet. If the person was early enough, he could still use morning. Alas he got there just as the clocks knocked the hour, which would be acceptable to use good morning.

"Are you surprised to see me?" Asked Aran, playfully.

"I can't say I am, although I did notice that I was being watched." said Rin, "however it is not proper for me to end my set without finishing it."

"I absolutely understand," said Aran, "I'm sure The Peony would like a show today?"

"Doctor Yan rarely wants me to put on a show for her or for guests," Said Rin, dryly, "as much as I could and as much as I have, I did not practice Wushu for the show."

Aran was taken aback that Rin referred to The Peony as such, which was an uncommon way to address the Nuwang, yet he continued.

"Is it not for show, however? Its popularity did come as an art form," asked Aran.

[Image: OIP.GaC2jcTK_ejKKMs4RFFVYAHaEK?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
"Its roots, as with other martial arts, comes in the name, martial." Explained Rin, "Unfortunately, Wushu has nowadays become too commercialized, losing many of its original values, and potentially threatening old styles of teaching. As such there's a clear contrast between formwork and combat application, I try to harmonize the two as much as I can. The original fundamentals shouldn't be forgotten."

"I see." said Aran, "you're a crusader."

Rin smirked, looking at her sword. "I guess I am.."

Rin then took her sword, and unsheathed it. Showing one of her many collections of weapons.

[Image: R.c233c2f516c58f4e0d0eb6f329464e00?rik=5...ImgRaw&r=0]
"This is what we call the baguadao, or the bagua style sword. In wushu, the sword is known as the "gentleman of all weapons." As such the straight sword is a single-handed weapon, and the free hand is held in a “sword fingers” position: thumb and outer two fingers curved to meet each other and inner two fingers extended together." Demonstrated Rin, "The sword has a thin, straight blade with two sharp edges and a centerline ridge that supports the blade, and the tip of the blade extends to the ear when the sword is held at the side. A woven tassel is sometimes attached to the pommel of the sword for counterbalance."

Rin raised her sword and did a slicing form to the right with agility. "Due to its light construction, the straight sword cannot be used to deliver raw power; sword players must instead rely on technique and finesse." said Rin, "a wushu saying states that 'Sword-play resembles a flying phoenix,' meaning that the practitioner must be quick but controlled, choosing the time and place of every attack, like a phoenix which darts in to strike at openings and slips gracefully away when threatened."

Aran listened intently as he saw her hold the sword, he thought that the woman before him was a living relic, a transcendence of centuries of teaching and lessons.

"I see, we have a similar thing in aikido as well." said Aran, "when my sensei instructs me for Kata drills with the katana. Unlike kendo, which was seen as a predominantly sword fighting sport, aikido uses the sword to illustrate self-defense techniques and situations. This involves two students where one is the attacker and the other being the defender. Combat application, I believe, was the word you used."

"Would you be interested in a light spar, Aran?" Rin asked, while she sheathed her sword back "I mean, you're wearing jeans and a shirt instead of your uniform, but that shouldn't be too restricting for you."

"A handicap, if that amuses you." joked Aran, "I'm not exactly good, perhaps you can teach me a thing or two."

"I doubt it, please wait, I will bring my katana for you." Rin said, as she bowed to go back inside with her sword. It took her a couple of minutes to return with two swords. A katana, and a Longquan, a thicker type of wushu sword. Aran continues to wonder how Rin managed go in and out and navigate around The Peony's manor like its her own home.

"Rin, I try to recall from the day we've met, it dawned on me that you're one of The Peony's guardians." Remarked Aran, as he took off his shirt and folded it, showing only a navy blue t-shirt underneath. "Yet I have to inquire, would The Peony be alright with you shuffling around her manor and taking her things?" asked Aran while he stretched.

"I assure you Aran, she's perfectly fine with me taking my own stuff in her manor. Besides, it's my break." said Rin, smiling, after giving the katana to Aran, "are you finished with your warm-up?"

[Image: v2?sig=0b09cac76f8e13ca1a13681902277cf71...70a585972d]
"I am." said Aran, as he finished stretching. He unsheathed his blade and admired the katana. It wasn't like the ones he had back at home, but the blade is of superior quality as well. "Are you ready?"

[Image: R.ce5bc1f9baf926e881df0f5f15025de7?rik=P...ImgRaw&r=0]
"Ready." Said Rin, before unsheathing her own blade and entering a stance "Let's dance."

Lian, 23rd of December, 2020

[Image: R.d61286098f0cee31dc85f95103a5a5a2?rik=N...ImgRaw&r=0]
"I still remember how that day went." Said The Peony as she walked with Rin in tow. "I finished with a gastritis patient and made my way to the main hall, I didn't hear clanging, I heard screaming from you. There was a grasshopper on your head and you're shouting at Aran to get it off you."

Rin continued to blush and walked silently while closing her face, for once the role between guardian and escortee became switched, how embarrassing that she see what had happened. Aran was too brazen to do that infront of The Peony, Rin's own milk sister, and The Peony was understandably surprised, although she just nodded and greeted the weirdness infront of her. She was relishing the fact that came up to her as of this moment.

[Image: WXA5iU6.png]
"And when he tried to take it off your head, you continued to squirm making it very difficult for him to get it off you. I remembered trying so hard to hold myself from laughing, which I promised not to do for your entomophobia, but it was extremely comical." said The Peony, continuing to tease Rin.

Rin just walked silently, she felt like she wanted to dissapear from this world and crawl into a hole out of sheer embarassment. The Peony had put two and two together and invited Aran to the holiday celebration tomorrow. Knowing that this is what Rin was asking for, Aran accepted the invitation, but he and Rin stood there together blushing, like two naughty schoolchildren caught making out by the teacher. To save Rin, The Peony decided to exit the tram two stops earlier to walk with her milk sister.

"Did...did you see anything else?" Asked Rin, still closing her face with her hands.

"Was there something I wasn't supposed to see?" Asked The Peony, curious, "after I saw the entire thing, I tried to walk away to laugh. It was an incredibly funny scene."

"Oh... For god's sake." Said Rin, still hoping the entire day would just end.

The Peony's Manor, Lian, 17th of March, 2019

[Image: OIP.p9cfo88dad47k_TBL2vchAHaFC?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
Aran did try to get the grasshopper out of Rin's panicked state, but the both of them ended up tripping while the grasshopper escaped from the both of them falling. Aran tripped on top of Rin, who was still hyperventilating from her phobia. When Aran registered what was going on, he realized that this is a very "nono" position, and tried to get out. It was then that Rin grappled his shirt collar and pressed her face on his chest. Aran can feel Rin's breathing down his chest, of fear, of distraught from encountering bugs.

"Please, please don't go." said Rin, Aran didn't know what she said because of her dialect different than his own japanese, but he understood it all the same. He took his arm and rested it below Rin's head, it was a massive fall that certainly surprised her, and her head might be throbbing from the pain. Rin took this as a sign to take her arms around Aran's neck, trying to keep him close.

"shhhh, it's fine... it's fine... I'm here." Aran said, trying to comfort Rin. He never done this before, not to such a stranger, he was always restrained in these things, he was always objective when it comes to dating and relationships, that there was a line he shouldn't pass unless he knew the person was ok with, which came up far rarer than one might think. Aran always thought that not a lot of people could be this intimate with him. But on that day, something in his mind clicked, he's never held a woman so close before, at least with this intention. Come to think of it, he's never felt like a boyfriend before, a partner that someone could rely on as such. He held her tight, and she held him, unwilling to let go.

As Rin slowed down her breathing, she let go of Aran. Immediately after realizing what happened, her mind became even more clouded with embarrassment, she decided to slap him on the right side of his cheek and push him away. When she realized that she just slapped him, she frantically apologized to him for being such a klutz, especially in the middle of a match she started, that she didn't know what she was doing to him while touching the side side of his cheek she slapped. Within a quick moment, she took her swords and left in a huff, red faced and extremely embarassed. Aran just watched her stomp back to the main hall, feeling his throbbing cheek that's radiating with pain. The woman had got a lot of power in her, and it's the first time he was slapped by one, "and what a woman." he thought to himself.

The Peony saw it all, she hid behind the main hall building, a place Aran took to peek at Rin. She can't help herself chuckling, and decided to let it all out by walking back to the stone bridges and laughing. There's so many things that she could do to tease Rin, and she had many things on her mind. She ended the laughs with a small smile, her chest was heavy and her mind was weighty.

"My Peony," she was called. She looked to her left, it was Sebastien Lister, The Peony's Trassunnerian guardian, and the only foreigner from her band of Royal guardians. He donned a standard-issue suit, and holstered a gun. "I was supposed to replace royal agent Safa'a to guide Prince Koigataki to your father's collection?"

The Peony was looked at Mr. Lister, trying to process what the hell happened and who the hell is the person infront of him. When her mind was back on track and her composure with her, she looked at Sebastien Lister, who was looking confused on what on earth has happened to his employer.

"Yes, Prince Koigataki is in the courtyard. See to it that he got a good look at the artifacts." said The Peony. "Oh, and tell the matrons to prepare for lunch."

[Image: R.5db9707ed06a01551ee2f45b3c3d7717?rik=d...ImgRaw&r=0]
"Yes, my Nuwang." Bowed Sebastien, as he made his way to the courtyard. Leaving The Peony to sit on the railings of the stone bridge, wondering about the pond, its inhabitants, and the stillness of it all.

- Doraemon

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hammerstar's post:
  • Amerion