We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint (charge someone with a crime under the Criminal Code) [2013.HC] In re Philippinia

High Court of the South Pacific
Case Submission

Your Honours,

I, Philippinia, respectfully submit the following case for consideration by the High Court. I hereby state that the information within this submission is true, to the best of my knowledge, and that there is no malicious intent or vexatious nature to it. I further promise to make myself available to any future questions or request from the Court in order to ensure that this case is fairly considered.

Nation: Philippinia

Reference Name: Involvement in the occupation of SFE

Description: I participated in the occupation of Smol Fur Empire against the SPSF/TSP defender forces which is illegal under the treason clause of the TSP criminal code.

Question: I want to surrender and apologise to TSP authorities regarding my participation in the occupation of SFE.

With respect, is this an attempt to get banned from the region? If it is, the Court does not take kindly to its time being wasted like that.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Your honour, it is not. On the contrary, I did this in good faith as to have my sentence reduced if possible. This is also an apology.

I do actually care about my membership in the TSP and to have my name cleared of all issues and be done with it is like a breath of fresh air. I figured that sooner or later this issue will surface, so why not I just do it now and be done with it.

Unrelated to this case, I pleaded guilty to the other case for the same reason: to have my sentence reduced if and only if possible.

The current understanding of sentencing for treason is that the sentence is fixed in the Criminal Code: permanent banishment from the region and forum. Unless a legal question resulted in a different understanding for this (which is, of course, entirely possible) there would be no sentence reduction if you were found guilty of treason.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

If that’s the case then I’ll be damned. Whatever the outcome is, at least I spilled the truth and for me that’s what matters.

It is up to you your honour to consider this case worthy of the court’s time or not. I have no further comments, defence, or otherwise.

HIGH COURT OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC
[2013.HC] IN RE PHILIPPINIA
SUBMISSION 08 DECEMBER 2020

Notice is given that this question has been received by the High Court and has been assigned all the necessary identifying information as follows:

DOCKET NUMBER
2013.HC

REFERENCE NAME
In re Philippinia

CHARGE
Treason

The petitioner and other interested parties are invited to explain the existence or lack of probable cause for the charges no later than 12 December 2020 10:00 UTC, but the Court reserves the right to make a determination after the accused party has exercised their right to dispute the charge. Briefs Amicus Curiae on the preferred eventual outcome of this case are not required at this time.

2013.HC.NR | Issued 08 December 2020

Legal Resources:

HIGH COURT OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC
[2013.HC] IN RE PHILIPPINIA
SUBMISSION 08 DECEMBER 2020 | PROBABLE CAUSE 08 DECEMBER 2020

Whereas this Court has been asked to exercise the judicial power vested in it by Article VIII of the Charter of the South Pacific, it is resolved as follows:

FINDING OF PROBABLE CAUSE
This case is not found to have probable cause.

SUBMISSION OF REQUESTS FOR AN IN-CHAMBERS OPINION
Interested parties may request the Chief Justice to provide an opinion with the reasons that led to this finding no later than 16 December 2020 10:00 UTC.

It is so ordered.

2013.HC.PC | Issued 08 December 2020

Legal Resources:

Thank you, your honour, for your compassionate ruling. I can relax now without worrying about people bringing this up in the future.