We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Did I get promoted?

Not sure why, but I think I've acquired some additional privileges I'm not entitled to and can't logon with the proper credentials to actually deal with it, but starting a few days ago, when I logon, I have highlighted in red at the top of the screen, There is 1 account awaiting activation. Please go to your ACP to activate the user. Go to the ACP. Running a few non NS MyBB forums myself, I know what that means, but there is no way I should be seeing it.

Whoever processed your legislator app accidentally gave you LegComm masking instead of Legislator. It’s been fixed.

On a related point, could I please have my permissions amended as well as I receive these notifications despite not having access to the ACP —

[Image: HOnXtu4.png]

I receive those notifications but apparently don't have access to that particularly section of the ACP, so I also find them rather pointless.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(05-07-2021, 11:15 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I receive those notifications but apparently don't have access to that particularly section of the ACP, so I also find them rather pointless.

LegComm gets them too, so ya'll aren't alone.

I am wondering if most of us get them and what are they for? Peeps in the know.... fix it and spill the tea...
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

(05-07-2021, 11:15 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I receive those notifications but apparently don't have access to that particularly section of the ACP, so I also find them rather pointless.

Kris, you ... have to have access to this, no? I just clicked on the "Go to the ACP" and had to log into the backend.

They are all awaiting email activations, so I see no reason to activate people who aren't willing/able to activate themselves. However, we should be able to do something about the notifications — but I feel like that needs a Glen fix.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(05-09-2021, 09:24 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Kris, you ... have to have access to this, no? I just clicked on the "Go to the ACP" and had to log into the backend.

Nope. If I click the link and log into the ACP I get this message:

Quote:Access Denied
You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Penguin

(05-09-2021, 02:57 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 09:24 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Kris, you ... have to have access to this, no? I just clicked on the "Go to the ACP" and had to log into the backend.

Nope. If I click the link and log into the ACP I get this message:

Quote:Access Denied
You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

This might be a side effect from when we split the ACP masks because of LegComm etc.; try again!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

The awaiting activation notification is built in to the MyBB code. I just delete the accounts after a while. They're either users who never came back, or they used temporary email services. Our mail provider won't send emails to accounts on temporary services because of the spam reasons.