We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Credits (NewPoints)?

So I remember seeing these things called NewPoints/Credits https://tspforums.xyz/newpoints.php on everybody's profile and the sidebar next to their posts. After looking around, I found that these can't be earned anymore besides from donations.

What happened to remove them, and can they be added back? They would probably help with forum activity and allow for more things to be done with the forum like what XKI does with their forum currency (forgot what it was called)
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

XKI's currency system is rather special, because they have a whole complex governing system and lots of forums dedicated to it. It's very integrated into the region's culture. I know Lazarus has NewPoints and they don't have anything near the kind of forum economy XKI has. It would be much more than a simple matter of turning it on from the admin CP.
Republic of Lansoon (Pacifica)

There is an option in the ACP to set the rules for earning points, but I don't know if the current setup is due to lack of maintenance or for other specific reasons. Maybe @sandaoguo might now?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I'm not sure the plugin is well maintained by its author anymore. I'll have to take a deeper look into it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sandaoguo's post:
  • im_a_waffle1

(07-27-2021, 10:01 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: I'm not sure the plugin is well maintained by its author anymore. I'll have to take a deeper look into it.

The plugin was last updated August 30th of last year: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=94
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

@im_a_waffle1 recently proposed to bring back Newpoints to increase activity on the forums. I think this is a good idea, MoC could do more with the forums and it is a fun mechanic. Can the forum administrators look into the possibility of bringing this back, or alternatively, give a reason why this is not possible?

Forum Moderators have nothing to do with plugins, so they can’t do anything about NewPoints.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I believe he means administrators.

(07-27-2021, 08:25 PM)Comfed Wrote: It would be much more than a simple matter of turning it on from the admin CPoints.
Let's not use that acronym, ever.

(05-08-2022, 12:30 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: I believe he means administrators.

Yes, thank you. I have adjusted my post.