We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ADG] Delegate's Briefing VI

[Image: 5jcgLkd.png]

[Image: XuM2JsV.png]

[Image: NPKgMLd.png]

My Dear Minions,

It is my pleasure to present to you the Sixth Edition of the Delegate's Briefing, the fortnightly summary of the Supreme Leader's government's activities.

There are several matters, in particular, I would like to highlight to you:

We are pleased to announce the conclusion of the October Cabinet Elections and the new slate of regional leaders. The robust democratic practice of elections is a central tenant of the Coalition's governance. To that effect, I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to Legislators who took part in this round of election which saw the election of Prime Minister-elect HumanSanity, Minister of Foreign Affairs-elect Roavin, Minister of Culture-elect Doge Land (Offsite username: im_a_waffle1), Minister of Engagement-elect Nyxonia (Tishers), Minister of Media-elect Lebatrip (Floptop), and Minister of Defence-elect Witchcraft and Sorcery. A hearty congratulations to the new Ministers who will be officially conferred with the powers of their office come the 21st of October.

Additionally, I would like to note my commiserations to those Legislators who put themselves forward for election but who were unfortunately not successful. It is a difficult process and one which requires great confidence to open yourselves up to scrutiny and there are times when it does not always work out. I, myself, have lost so many elections that I have lost count. And so I encourage all those candidates to keep faith and continue to contribute to building this community we call home.

I wish to also direct your valuable attention to the October Edition of The Southern Journal that has been recently published. As our premier newspaper, TSJ is mandatory reading for those Minions who want to be kept informed of our region's progress. Thank you specifically to all those authors who have submitted interesting pieces to this month's edition.

And last, but certainly not least, to some administrative matters. The Local Council has recently voted unanimously to grant Regional Officers with Communication authority the power to suppress messages that are in violation of the Council's RMB rules. May I please ask all Minions to spare but a few seconds of to familiarise themselves with the Regional Message Board's Rules and Etiquette. These regulations are critical to ensuring that the Coalition remains a warm and friendly place for all Minions.

On that concluding note, thank you for reading this Briefing and please do consider upvoting! ^-^

Your Supreme Leader,
Amerion

Admiral Delegate General of the South Pacific

[Image: MPPdoWV.png]

The Supreme Leader of all Minions, His Majesty, the Admiral Delegate General Stewie G., Delegate of the South Pacific, the Magnificent Ultimate Leader of all of NationStates, High Autocrat of the New Minion Order, King of Kings, Democratic President and Prime-Minister-For-Life, Chairman and Supreme General Secretary Admiral of the People’s Republic of the South Pacific, Invincible and All-Triumphant Lord Commander, Grand Dentist of the Ice Cream Association, Chief Ophthalmologist and board-certified Dermatologist of the South Pacific Special Forces, Brilliant Genius of Humanity, Noble Prize winner in everything but Peace, and Benevolent Oppressor and Ruthless Protector of the Expendable People of Amerion.

[Image: 52Mm0PZ.png]

[Image: 98y92KD.png]

Day
WA Minion Population
WA Proportion of Regional Population (%)
Total Number of the Supreme Leader’s Endorsements
WA Minion Population Endorsing the Supreme Leader (%)
Total Number of Endorsements
Cross-Endorsement Rate (%)
Monday, 4 October 2021
Tuesday, 5 October 2021
Wednesday, 6 October 2021
Thursday, 7 October 2021
Friday, 8 October 2021
Saturday, 9 October 2021
Sunday, 10 October 2021
Monday, 11 October 2021
Tuesday, 12 October 2021
Wednesday, 13 October 2021
Thursday, 14 October 2021
Friday, 15 October 2021
Saturday, 16 October 2021
Sunday, 17 October 2021

[Image: kHBaRgU.png]

The Portrait of the South Pacific is a graphical representation of all the World Assembly nations in the South Pacific and the endorsements between them. It is hoped that this portrait will show Minions how large and dynamic this region is. If the nation is too small to see below, Minions can click on the image to view the full-size version and then zoom.

What does the Portrait show?

⦿ Each circle represents a nation. Each grey line with a small arrow between the circles represents an endorsement. The direction of the arrow indicates who has endorsed who.

⦿ The size of each circle represents the number of endorsements the nation represented by the circle has. The larger the size, the higher the endorsement count.

⦿ The colour of each circle represents how many nations are currently being endorsed by that nation. The cooler the colour, the higher the number of nations being endorsed.

The information presented here is provided courtesy of the Southern World Assembly Initiative (SWAN), a government-affilerated program led by United States of Vietnam.

[Image: NLONgJb.png]

[Image: jUbqxXW.png]
[Image: 5DLAIi8.png]
[Image: aPDcz2g.png]
[Image: Y8QmzKx.png]
[Image: 4NmKd5c.png]
[Image: KdtMrqH.png]

[Image: NcPyoIa.png]

⦿ 14 October | A new Cabinet has been elected by the Assembly. The new Cabinet comprises of Prime Minister-elect HumanSanity, Minister of Foreign Affairs-elect Roavin, Minister of Culture-elect Doge Land (Offsite username: im_a_waffle1), Minister of Engagement-elect Nyxonia (Tishers), Minister of Media-elect Lebatrip (Floptop), and Minister of Defence-elect Witchcraft and Sorcery. The appropriate Regional Officer powers will be conferred by the Admiral Delegate General at the conclusion of the transition period on the 21st of October.

⦿ 14 October | The Local Council voted unanimously to grant Regional Officers with Communication authority the power to suppress messages that are in violation of the Council's Regional Message Board's Rules and Etiquette.

⦿ 16 October | The October Edition of The Southern Journal has been published. Featuring articles by Apatosaurus, Murelia, Lebatrip, Emodea, and Eflad, the latest edition covers the happenings in the Coalition over the past four weeks. It comes as a new Cabinet takes over the reins and the current Minister of Media Emodea (Moon) steps down.

[Image: JFcDBN8.png]

[Image: j47DNNM.png][Image: iPbt0nU.png]
[Image: gKxZgfO.png][Image: NlNDT5f.png]

At the time of publication, there are two proposals at vote in the World Assembly. In consultation with the Office of WA Legialtion (OWL), the Supreme Leader has cast the above votes for these respective proposals.

In the past two weeks, the Admiral Delegate General voted as follows:

[Image: 19NNLBY.png]
[Image: Gep4Jid.png]
[Image: 2GhtieH.png]
[Image: Fo9I0y3.png]
[Image: CBMKPUY.png]
[Image: GlAAR93.png]
[Image: RzzH9dO.png]

A complete record of the High Autocrat's votes is available here.

'No Rec' or No Recommendation indicates a vote where, in the absence of a recommendation from the OWL, the Admiral Delegate General did not immediately cast a ballot in the World Assembly. The accompanying colour (green/red) indicates how the Supreme Leader ultimately voted in line with the majority of the South Pacific's WA Minions.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Moon