The South Pacific
SPSF Review - May - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+------ Forum: Private Halls of the Assembly (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-95.html)
+------ Thread: SPSF Review - May (/thread-2341.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

SPSF Review - May - ProfessorHenn - 05-23-2015

Alas, it's incredibly high and way up from 1 recruit in 6 months(me).

RE: SPSF Review - May - Ryccia - 05-23-2015

(05-20-2015, 12:02 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I could have helped you practice for Spanish! Smile

Me too. But spanish differs from region to region. So, what spanish did you need to study? Mexican Spanish? Spaniard Spanish? International Spanish?(obviously the last one).

And regarding Unibot's post, no. We ain't going defender.

RE: SPSF Review - May - ProfessorHenn - 05-24-2015

(05-23-2015, 11:47 PM)Ryccia Wrote:
(05-20-2015, 12:02 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I could have helped you practice for Spanish! Smile

Me too. But spanish differs from region to region. So, what spanish did you need to study? Mexican Spanish? Spaniard Spanish? International Spanish?(obviously the last one).

And regarding Unibot's post, no. We ain't going defender.

Anything more on the Spanish would be a threadjack, but it's largely international Spanish.

RE: SPSF Review - May - Unibot - 05-29-2015

(05-22-2015, 08:04 PM)Gladio Wrote:
(05-21-2015, 07:18 PM)Unibot Wrote:
Quote:If you have a problem with us raiding and would rather have us go full-defender, why not say so?

I think 'full defender' would be far more effective at development than our current 'full invader' programme. I repeat: no GCR has ever built up a strong base of soldiers from scratch with a raid-heavy programme. That's the truth of the matter. NPA and ESPA grew to the size and experience that they are during spans of time where they were effectively just doing defensive work - they used those programmes to fuel development.

Defensive practices are good for development. The reason is simple: volunteers like to help out; they want to see their time and effort as being a valuable contribution.

The SPSF will never take off if continues on its 'full invader' programme. Kringalia and others can put their head in the sand and say 'la la la no R/D debates' - but that is the problem: the army has always slanted towards invading and you cannot build a GCR army to any substantial size on an raid-heavy programme. We're following the same trajectory of growth that Balder has for most of its time as a militarized region - we're facing the exact same issue.

Out of curiosity, are you talking about the old defender NPA or the new Independent one from 2012 ?

The new 'Independent' one - the one that didn't invade under Eluvatar's first delegacy. If you'd like to play a round of the 'I'm more qualified than you to know this' game, Mr. NPA General, do note: I was a cabinet minister under Eluvatar and he most certainly strayed far away from ordering an invasion. There were a couple of failed tag raids attempted in like twelve months - it was effectively a defender army, whether you'd like to admit it.

Perhaps you could PNG me again and maybe then the truth and the sheer reality of events will bend around your will.  :sleepy:

SPSF Review - May - ProfessorHenn - 05-29-2015

Bump for the CoA to finish this review.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

RE: SPSF Review - May - Gladio - 05-30-2015

(05-29-2015, 10:04 PM)Unibot Wrote:
(05-22-2015, 08:04 PM)Gladio Wrote:
(05-21-2015, 07:18 PM)Unibot Wrote:
Quote:If you have a problem with us raiding and would rather have us go full-defender, why not say so?

I think 'full defender' would be far more effective at development than our current 'full invader' programme. I repeat: no GCR has ever built up a strong base of soldiers from scratch with a raid-heavy programme. That's the truth of the matter. NPA and ESPA grew to the size and experience that they are during spans of time where they were effectively just doing defensive work - they used those programmes to fuel development.

Defensive practices are good for development. The reason is simple: volunteers like to help out; they want to see their time and effort as being a valuable contribution.

The SPSF will never take off if continues on its 'full invader' programme. Kringalia and others can put their head in the sand and say 'la la la no R/D debates' - but that is the problem: the army has always slanted towards invading and you cannot build a GCR army to any substantial size on an raid-heavy programme. We're following the same trajectory of growth that Balder has for most of its time as a militarized region - we're facing the exact same issue.

Out of curiosity, are you talking about the old defender NPA or the new Independent one from 2012 ?

The new 'Independent' one - the one that didn't invade under Eluvatar's first delegacy. If you'd like to play a round of the 'I'm more qualified than you to know this' game, Mr. NPA General, do note: I was a cabinet minister under Eluvatar and he most certainly strayed far away from ordering an invasion. There were a couple of failed tag raids attempted in like twelve months - it was effectively a defender army, whether you'd like to admit it.

Perhaps you could PNG me again and maybe then the truth and the sheer reality of events will bend around your will.  :sleepy:

You are right. The NPA during Eluvatar's first delegacy was effectively a defender army which Is why the army back then failed to reach It's full potential, the current NPA Is much larger and much better trained compared to the one back then, I would know since I've served In the NPA since 2012 (Including during Eluvatar's first delegacy) Tounge

RE: SPSF Review - May - Wolf - 05-31-2015

(05-29-2015, 10:04 PM)Unibot Wrote: The new 'Independent' one - the one that didn't invade under Eluvatar's first delegacy.

You're right, under Eluvatar the NPA didn't do any raiding at all, although he did order an invasion of Nazi Europe, which was impossible at the time because the region was passworded.

However, more specifically, the NPA didn't do much of anything under Eluvatar. It didn't raid and it barely defended, with most of those who were partaking in defenses already part of non-NPA defender militarizes. Oh and every Defender mission, and I mean every last one, was done in support, with not even one mission being lead by an NPA troop. More or less NPA became a slave to the ADN and the FRA for the entirety of Elu's rule and didn't do a singe mission on its own. All regional independence and military identity was completely lost.

So yeah, the NPA was actually pretty shitty under Eluvatar, and didn't grow much at all.

So you can throw the "All Defender Army = BEST ACTIVITY EVVA" hypnosis right down the well.

SPSF Review - May - ProfessorHenn - 05-31-2015

A review is being generated by me and Farengeto.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

RE: SPSF Review - May - southern bellz - 06-01-2015

Thank you Smile

RE: SPSF Review - May - Farengeto - 06-03-2015

We just have some final edits to make and then the draft will be presented later today.