We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

SPSF Review - May

During this month, the Assembly is supposed to prepare a resolution to act as a mid-term review of the SPSF's development. So we should probably start working on that.

Quote:9. During the month of May, September and January, the Assembly will prepare a resolution to serve as a mid-term review of the SPSF's development, activity and leadership, with comments, feedback and suggestions for future reform. 

10. To prepare such a review, the Minister of Army shall be invited to discuss the performance of the SPSF to the Assembly.

What do we think about SPSF's recent...

1. Development.

2. Activity.

3. Leadership.

And do we have any (1) comments, (2) feedback, and (3) suggestion for future reform.

The MoA is also invited to discuss the recent performance of the SPSF, according to Section 3.10.

Before we go ahead with this, an outline of the SPSF's finished missions during this term so far should probably be presented by the MoA. This outline should contain:

1.) The nature of the operation.
2.) The target region of the operation
3.) The date the operation occurred
4.) The date the operation ended.
5.) Members of the SPSF that took part in the operation.
6.) Other military forces that collaborated with the SPSF.
7.) Military forces that took part on the opposing side (optional?)
8.) Whether or not the operation succeeded or failed.

I don't think we can make any feedback or recommendations until we've heard from the MoA. However, in addition to the points raised above as part of the MoA's report to the Assembly, I'd like to hear about recruitment efforts and how many soldiers we have now. This formed one of the centerpieces of the election campaigns and it would be good to measure the progress in rebuilding a credible SPSF.

Right! Time to review!

TAC, I'll get to all your questions soon, I'll make a Spreadsheet in Google about that.

This term, the SPSF has gained 4 new recruits, in addition with 4 more who telegramed me. I naturally directed them to the IRC, but only the forum applicants seemed to stick around. We're developing an informative recruiting message.

Activity among the SPSF has been rather nice, with 3 out of 4 new applicants sticking around on the forums. The last one, not sure where he went. I'll make inquiries. We've done several missions, which I'll add into the spreadsheet soon.

Leadership among the SPSF consists of me, ProfessorHenn, and our new General, Wolf. Mostly, it's been me leading our SPSF as Wolf is a recent addition.

I'll answer any questions about this so far, and I'll work on that mission list. If the Assembly already has advice for me, I'll take it and deliberate with the SPSF over it.

Jasper Henn

I would like to refer the Minister to the following:

(05-02-2015, 06:12 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: The Warzone is not the only thing going on. The fact that you believe we only do one, small, controversial thing once in a blue moon leaves much to the inner-workings of Unibot on the SPSF.

I must admit I was surprised as well at the above post, since I am also among those who believed the Special Forces only conduct missions every few weeks at most. I am not trying to be cynical or otherwise destructive, since my perception as an outside observer really is that the Special Forces conduct missions and recruitment only when there is pressure to show results to the public.

My impression may be wrong or misguided, but I think that this perception is one shared by others as well, and the way to solve this is by constant communication. If the Ministry of the Army wants to ensure the region is aware of all the activity in the Special Forces then it needs to let that activity be known. I would recommend having some regular publication accounting for the actions and other news related to the Special Forces, perhaps a monthly newsletter with mission and promotion records.

A big problem for the Special Forces is perception. It is an entirely reasonable conclusion for any outside observer to think that the military only conducts the occasional mission and does nothing besides that, because there is no other information available. We should ensure the information is out there, for the benefit of the military itself and so our residents and citizens can make better and informed decisions.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Thank you, Kris, for your advice.

Jasper Henn

I would love to hear more about our efforts to aid Lazarus.

And to take time to thank everyone for their service Smile
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

I would like to admit that I have been surprised at the amount of activity I've seen from the SPSF, and that it has been a welcome change from the monotony of Henn's first (and partial) term.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

I would like to hear about what our newest General is doing and has planned.

Well, first I am planning on asking Admin for a separate masking and passworded forum for the SPSF.

Oh, and while were at it, maybe a special area for the General Corps too.