The South Pacific
Resolution to Call for a Special Election - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+------ Forum: Private Halls of the Assembly (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-95.html)
+------ Thread: Resolution to Call for a Special Election (/thread-2001.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Resolution to Call for a Special Election - Xoriet - 03-25-2015

http://thesouthpacific.x10.mx/thread-2103-post-54611.html#pid54611

Says it all, Escade. I said he was drifting close to the line, and if you want his argument to lose effectiveness through "malicious interpretation by enemies" since you and yours suspect that everyone is out to get Glen and would happily see him ruined and chased out. It won't be helping your case in the long run, and provides all the fuel your perceived enemies require to undermine his character.

Quote:This two-faced "its okay if me or mine do it but not if the other side does it" is a virulent disease in NS.

Yes, it really is. Although if you're implying that I've been fearmongering, much less chosen a side, please, do show me.

RE: Resolution to Call for a Special Election - Escade - 03-25-2015

Xoriet, I would suggest creating a separate thread about how people in general should behave to avoid detracting from the topic at hand. I'm not a fan of rewriting people's words for them either. It's condescending.

Considering that many threads in Assembly have had issues such as this in TSP for some time, focusing on GR is cherry picking and also since he hasn't crossed lines that others have - detracting from the matter at hand. In fact, I appreciate that you are used to clean politics and feel you should draft a resolution.

I see nothing wrong with his statements at all. Perhaps more couched manipulation would be best politically but I always liked blunt and transparent people.

However, if you would like to see a cleaner TSP then draft a resolution in the Assembly.

Otherwise this thread has a clear subject which you are welcome to comment on.

Resolution to Call for a Special Election - sandaoguo - 03-25-2015

Just to be clear, I won't be chased out of TSP. This is my home and I think, even if we disagree vehemently on many issues, my worst enemies here recognize that I dedicate all my time in this game to TSP. An election going to the way I don't want isn't enough to get me out of here. I'm in it for the long haul, because I know those who aren't will leave sooner or later and those who are can clean up the rubble left behind.

RE: Resolution to Call for a Special Election - Todd McCloud - 03-25-2015

^ You lost an election. Minister of foreign affairs. Stuff happens. No one else is chasing you out of the region.

(03-25-2015, 11:25 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Just to be clear, I won't be chased out of TSP. This is my home and I think, even if we disagree vehemently on many issues, my worst enemies here recognize that I dedicate all my time in this game to TSP. An election going to the way I don't want isn't enough to get me out of here. I'm in it for the long haul, because I know those who aren't will leave sooner or later and those who are can clean up the rubble left behind.

[Image: g6ihqJy.gif]

<3

Go TSP! #bebeautiful

(03-25-2015, 10:52 PM)Escade Wrote: I see nothing wrong with his statements at all. Perhaps more couched manipulation would be best politically but I always liked blunt and transparent people.

However, if  you would like to see a cleaner TSP then draft a resolution in the Assembly.

Otherwise this thread has a clear subject which you are welcome to comment on.

You asked for an example, Escade, and I told you. Incidentally, there is nothing transparent or honest about manipulation, because you're never going to see it coming if it is done correctly. Trust me on that. I've had my share of people manipulating me in the past and I've learned from it. And I've learned that it is not behavior one should be proud to emulate.

I'll be happy to take you up on that offer, although I don't see how moving from cautionary words in a thread which relies upon the credibility of the contributors to posting a thread in the Assembly helps. I'll take another route.
Quote:Glen:
Just to be clear, I won't be chased out of TSP. This is my home and I think, even if we disagree vehemently on many issues, my worst enemies here recognize that I dedicate all my time in this game to TSP. An election going to the way I don't want isn't enough to get me out of here. I'm in it for the long haul, because I know those who aren't will leave sooner or later and those who are can clean up the rubble left behind.
Chasing you out would be silly, Glen. You've devoted yourself to the region. Hopefully your case receives a fair review.

And that's the thing Xoriet. If you are blunt and honest everyone calls you a problem and wants you to be quiet. If you are manipulating things behind the scenes or using semantics based arguments then you are applauded. The latter attack honesty and mock it as naivety.

My concerns about this election don't just stem from this race but the roles and responsibilities of an EC, the limits of their powers, as well as the new (?) designation between VDs and administrators and who does what. When I was VD I was responsible and now it seems that the law is nebulous and therefore need attention.

(03-25-2015, 11:52 PM)Escade Wrote: And that's the thing Xoriet. If you are blunt and honest everyone calls you a problem and wants you to be quiet. If you are manipulating things behind the scenes or using semantics based arguments then you are applauded. The latter attack honesty and mock it as naivety.

My concerns about this election don't just stem from this race but the roles and responsibilities of an EC, the limits of their powers, as well as the new (?) designation between VDs and administrators and who does what. When I was VD I was responsible and now it seems that the law is nebulous and therefore need attention.

You can be blunt and honest in your opinion. There is no such thing as a one-sided truth. Everyone has a truth. Whether or not they are honest is irrelevant to the fact that there is a separate truth in the mind of every person. Glen here is honest in his opinion, and I understand that. I don't want him to be quiet, I want him to maintain a strong stance by not being called a sore loser, petty, or paranoid. Words make a difference in how you achieve things. Because people who aren't involved in the races or regions see things in different ways. For the sake of the region, one has to understand that their behavior affects the international perception of the region.

Calling for a special election and holding one under these circumstances is more than likely to propagate the exact same results and gain not a little scorn. Create more area for fighting and threatening and spreading rumors and theories. Create deeper rifts. Creates rifts where they did not exist before.

Won't that be something the court decides, ideally? I disagree that there should be one unless I see a legal determination by the proper authorities that the results should not be valid.

RE: Resolution to Call for a Special Election - Escade - 03-26-2015

Hileville has stated the courts do not have jurisdiction over this issue on these forums.

I actually do consider that special elections may result in Wolf winning and is likely. That is not my concern here. My concern is that the elections are fair and just and there are no nebulous reasons which fester internally in the region.

However, I hope the court will answer this question but in TSP there has been some great confusion recently over what the courts can or cannot do and so I await.

RE: Resolution to Call for a Special Election - Unibot - 03-26-2015

(03-25-2015, 11:35 PM)Todd McCloud Wrote: ^ You lost an election. Minister of foreign affairs. Stuff happens. No one else is chasing you out of the region.

This attitude is not helping. Glen-Rhodes is making a point and seems fairly passionate about it; you can either disagree with that point, agree with that point or make some tangentially related post to the thread - but refrain from this kind of taunting in the future, please.