The South Pacific
2016 in America - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: South Pacific International Airport (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-99.html)
+----- Forum: Lampshade Bar and Grill (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-190.html)
+------ Forum: South Pacific University (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-30.html)
+------ Thread: 2016 in America (/thread-2449.html)

RE: 2016 in America - Punchwood - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 08:53 PM)Qvait Wrote: Somewhere, there is a poll showing that the majority of Bernie supporters would go support Trump over Clinton, which is a problem that must be fixed.

I don't think it is a problem though. I mean when it was Clinton vs Obama loads of Clinton supporters say they would vote for the Republican nominee or not turn up to vote. We all know how that turned out. Also I'm glad to see that you are now starting to accept the reality that Clinton will be the nominee.

RE: 2016 in America - Jay Coop - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 10:34 AM)Punchwood Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 08:53 PM)Qvait Wrote: Somewhere, there is a poll showing that the majority of Bernie supporters would go support Trump over Clinton, which is a problem that must be fixed.

I don't think it is a problem though. I mean when it was Clinton vs Obama loads of Clinton supporters say they would vote for the Republican nominee or not turn up to vote. We all know how that turned out. Also I'm glad to see that you are now starting to accept the reality that Clinton will be the nominee.

That happened on April 26, when Bernie failed to win Pennsylvania and a couple other states. However, I'm sticking with the belief that if he received more recognition from the media, he would have performed better. It's also my belief that Bernie did not do so well with the African American vote due to a lack of name recognition. He has done just as much a service to African Americans as Clinton did. In fact, Bernie was on the ground protesting in the Civil Rights Movement. It's just that Clinton received much more exposure in the last two decades. She had been the First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State. Bernie had been the Mayor of Burlington, Representative, and Senator.

RE: 2016 in America - Zak6858 - 06-03-2016

RE: 2016 in America - Punchwood - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 04:52 PM)Qvait Wrote: That happened on April 26, when Bernie failed to win Pennsylvania and a couple other states. However, I'm sticking with the belief that if he received more recognition from the media, he would have performed better. It's also my belief that Bernie did not do so well with the African American vote due to a lack of name recognition. He has done just as much a service to African Americans as Clinton did. In fact, Bernie was on the ground protesting in the Civil Rights Movement. It's just that Clinton received much more exposure in the last two decades. She had been the First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State. Bernie had been the Mayor of Burlington, Representative, and Senator.

I get your point but he has been in the public light for more than a year now I don't think you can blame Bernie's shortcomings with African Americans just because he hasn't been in the public light for very all. Anyway we've got June the 7th to look forward to and that will be the last Super Tuesday of the year then it will just be D.C left to vote.

RE: 2016 in America - Tsunamy - 06-04-2016

(06-03-2016, 05:18 PM)Punchwood Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 04:52 PM)Qvait Wrote: That happened on April 26, when Bernie failed to win Pennsylvania and a couple other states. However, I'm sticking with the belief that if he received more recognition from the media, he would have performed better. It's also my belief that Bernie did not do so well with the African American vote due to a lack of name recognition. He has done just as much a service to African Americans as Clinton did. In fact, Bernie was on the ground protesting in the Civil Rights Movement. It's just that Clinton received much more exposure in the last two decades. She had been the First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State. Bernie had been the Mayor of Burlington, Representative, and Senator.

I get your point but he has been in the public light for more than a year now I don't think you can blame Bernie's shortcomings with African Americans just because he hasn't been in the public light for very all. Anyway we've got June the 7th to look forward to and that will be the last Super Tuesday of the year then it will just be D.C left to vote.

Shh. The movement is no longer based on reason, but on the fact that Bernie was treated unfairly. Those millions more voted for Hillary were clearly duped by an unlikeable shrill.

RE: 2016 in America - Darkstrait - 06-07-2016

Say what you like, but in my opinion the DNC scheduling debates at inconvenient times says a lot to me, as does the superdelegate split, and the media bias, and oh so much else.

RE: 2016 in America - Jay Coop - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 11:36 AM)Darkstrait Wrote: Say what you like, but in my opinion the DNC scheduling debates at inconvenient times says a lot to me, as does the superdelegate split, and the media bias, and oh so much else.

I think that both parties should do away with the primaries, the delegate system, and the electoral college. The thing about the primaries is that most people who vote in them are either dedicated to voting or are political extremists. I think that an election for president should take place on one day at one time. Instead of using the blasted electoral college, I would implement an instant-runoff voting (IRV) system, which I endorse. If the 2016 presidential election was conducted with this system, Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton would be President. Let's make it clear: neither candidate really deserves to be President. Clinton's incompetent and Trump has a bad temper.

RE: 2016 in America - Punchwood - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 04:11 PM)Qvait Wrote: I think that both parties should do away with the primaries, the delegate system, and the electoral college. The thing about the primaries is that most people who vote in them are either dedicated to voting or are political extremists. I think that an election for president should take place on one day at one time. Instead of using the blasted electoral college, I would implement an instant-runoff voting (IRV) system, which I endorse. If the 2016 presidential election was conducted with this system, Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton would be President. Let's make it clear: neither candidate really deserves to be President. Clinton's incompetent and Trump has a bad temper.

If you got rid of the primaries you would have an establishment candidate each time as the parties would get to chose  the candidate. I don't really see how you can say Hillary doesn't deserve to be President? She fights for equal pay, LGBT rights, she's gotten healthcare access to 8 million kids, she has spent 25 years in the public light fighting for people. Love them or loath them politicians could make millions in different jobs. Look at Tony Blair he's made £50 million since leaving public office. I don't agree with David Cameron's view however I do believe that he wants the best for this country and the people in it. So for you to say that Hillary doesn't deserve to be President I think is quite disgusting. I would never say something like that about Sanders so I don't think you should be making such comments.

RE: 2016 in America - Punchwood - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 11:36 AM)Darkstrait Wrote: Say what you like, but in my opinion the DNC scheduling debates at inconvenient times says a lot to me, as does the superdelegate split, and the media bias, and oh so much else.

Yes the big bad establishment is the only reason Bernie lost. Grow up quite frankly, instead of accepting the fact that you have lost you are blaming it on something else. If everything was so stacked up against him then why has he done so well? Why has he lasted this long and why was it not him who lost in February instead of Martin O'Mally an establishment candidate? You can either keep blaming the fact that you lost on something or someone else or you can rally around Clinton, helping to unite the party and vow to keep fighting on for what you believe in.

RE: 2016 in America - Jay Coop - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 04:49 PM)Punchwood Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 04:11 PM)Qvait Wrote: I think that both parties should do away with the primaries, the delegate system, and the electoral college. The thing about the primaries is that most people who vote in them are either dedicated to voting or are political extremists. I think that an election for president should take place on one day at one time. Instead of using the blasted electoral college, I would implement an instant-runoff voting (IRV) system, which I endorse. If the 2016 presidential election was conducted with this system, Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton would be President. Let's make it clear: neither candidate really deserves to be President. Clinton's incompetent and Trump has a bad temper.

If you got rid of the primaries you would have an establishment candidate each time as the parties would get to chose  the candidate. I don't really see how you can say Hillary doesn't deserve to be President? She fights for equal pay, LGBT rights, she's gotten healthcare access to 8 million kids, she has spent 25 years in the public light fighting for people. Love them or loath them politicians could make millions in different jobs. Look at Tony Blair he's made £50 million since leaving public office. I don't agree with David Cameron's view however I do believe that he wants the best for this country and the people in it. So for you to say that Hillary doesn't deserve to be President I think is quite disgusting. I would never say something like that about Sanders so I don't think you should be making such comments.

If you get rid of the primaries, and had an election on one day, more people are involved. So few people are involved in the primaries, and people begin to wonder why they have to decide between terrible candidates. As to Clinton, you're right. She's fought for LGBT rights, equality, etc., but she failed to save four Americans in Benghazi. My problem with her isn't her using a private email server as much as it was her judgement when the consulate was calling for backup and no help came. With the exception to her vote for the War in Iraq, she did everything right, until September 11, 2012.

EDIT: I don't think that she had malicious intent, but the consulate was calling for more security in the days leading up to the attack. She showed poor judgement, and that is why I am calling her incompetent.