The South Pacific
Activity Problems - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-91.html)
+----- Thread: Activity Problems (/thread-3543.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Activity Problems - The Serres Republic - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 12:58 PM)Punchwood Wrote: Yeah I've been very busy the past few days so that's why I've not been posting. Oh and I'd be glad to join any committee.

Just to respond to Serres. I am a wee bit confessed about your comment on me being "disorganised" by posting this topic here where the decisions about our region are made instead of talking to an admin. It's the Assembly's job along with the Cabinet's job to generate activity not the admins. Plus I don't see how sending the same thing to the admins is anymore organised than posting to the Assembly if anything it's more disorganised.

I'd quickly like to raise a small concern of mine. Our MoRA has not yet replied to this thread despite the fact that as the Charter states it's his job to create activity. I would have thought that he would have given his option on this as it does concern him. Just pointing that out.

To tsu I'll make a short list soon if you still want me to.

I apologize for speaking rashly. I was merely reffering to the way this thread presented itself to me on first impression. MY opinion has changed drastically since discussing the issues presented here with the the others involved in this discussion Happywide.

RE: Activity Problems - Scylla - 01-08-2016

(01-08-2016, 12:58 PM)Punchwood Wrote: Yeah I've been very busy the past few days so that's why I've not been posting. Oh and I'd be glad to join any committee.

Just to respond to Serres. I am a wee bit confessed about your comment on me being "disorganised" by posting this topic here where the decisions about our region are made instead of talking to an admin. It's the Assembly's job along with the Cabinet's job to generate activity not the admins. Plus I don't see how sending the same thing to the admins is anymore organised than posting to the Assembly if anything it's more disorganised.

I'd quickly like to raise a small concern of mine. Our MoRA has not yet replied to this thread despite the fact that as the Charter states it's his job to create activity. I would have thought that he would have given his option on this as it does concern him. Just pointing that out.

To tsu I'll make a short list soon if you still want me to.

Regional Affairs has a lot coming up. Need I remind you of your totally butchered project which was the Advent Calendar? Low involvement means failed projects. We're currently coming out of a period of low activity that happens annually with the holiday season. 

The Charter apparently states it is "my job to create activity," but please point out where it is my responsibility to reply to every thread posted in the Assembly.

I don't know how to "give(n) my option."

You're more than welcome to open communications with me at any point if you have concerns about my activity, rather than make asinine passive-aggressive comments.

RE: Activity Problems - Zak6858 - 01-08-2016

Why did I feel that sounded unnecessarily hostile?

RE: Activity Problems - Sam111 - 01-08-2016

Doesn't sound particularly hostile, to me.

Responding to some relevant points to my position

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: 3. Regional Affairs  is slowing down

RA is taking a huge hit right now. There aren't many members and nothing is being done. There has not been a single SJ, Onion, Real Time, RS or anything since the start of this term. RA is a key part of keeping TSP active and it needs to be active for TSP to thrive.

This can be directly related to the current lack of user friendliness our forums currently contain. If we simply advertise properly and re organize ourselves we will see this fix itself.

I can write up a large essay on RA and it's current state, but traditionally the MoRA is a 4-person job, or thereabouts, with its deputies. Currently, between lack of cooperation due to people being busy (seasonal stuff), low activity within the region etc, it is slow. As always, people are more than welcome to publish

The Journal etc has had minimal to write about, and is returning shortly. There are numerous reasons around it all and if necessary I can present a larger post about everything, but simply put there's no point writing about nothing. Regarding the start of the term when there was activity, I had no ability to publish to the relevant accounts. It's a large and convoluted mess in that regard. Regarding Real Time/etc, it's being replaced by a new project which will be unveiled shortly. Some things have to change as they've been less than successful in response it's a matter of changing things up to try encourage more engagement.

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: 3. Speed it up again

Yes we may be low on members however we can't just sit in the corner and sulk about it. The original FP had just the then Minister, the Del and three other members involved, myself included. However we still got things done maybe not a lot but things soon sped up. As we did stuff people got interested and wanted to get involved, and things just took off from there.

See my suggestions above.

No one is sitting around sulking. This thread unto itself is the exact opposite of that - it's progression.

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: I think we should invite players from Europiea to visit our forums and RMB to see what they think is up and how we could improve. Whenever I hop on the Europiea forums there are loads of people online, there is also something to do as the forums are active and the RMB is also active. I think we could learn a lot from them and other thriving regions alike.

People in Euro want to be in Euro. That's the nature of a UCR. We have a LARGE number of people that don't want to get involved in forums and never will by nature of being a GCR.

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: I also think we should do more cultural events both here and in other regions. Things such as flash mobs, Flying circuses, a few festivals, small competitions and other events. This would generate activity and if we do it in different regions people might think "Hey TSP sounds like a lot of fun I'll move there or create a puppet there and get involved."[/b]

I'm currently working on some festivals now we're coming out of the holidays.

(01-08-2016, 11:15 PM)Zak6858 Wrote: Why did I feel that sounded unnecessarily hostile?

The only point that I can assume you think is hostile is regarding the Advent Calender, which wasn't hostile whatsoever.

I was simply highlighting the activity around the season

(01-08-2016, 11:25 PM)Scylla Wrote: Responding to some relevant points to my position

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: 3. Regional Affairs  is slowing down

RA is taking a huge hit right now. There aren't many members and nothing is being done. There has not been a single SJ, Onion, Real Time, RS or anything since the start of this term. RA is a key part of keeping TSP active and it needs to be active for TSP to thrive.

This can be directly related to the current lack of user friendliness our forums currently contain. If we simply advertise properly and re organize ourselves we will see this fix itself.

I can write up a large essay on RA and it's current state, but traditionally the MoRA is a 4-person job, or thereabouts, with its deputies. Currently, between lack of cooperation due to people being busy (seasonal stuff), low activity within the region etc, it is slow. As always, people are more than welcome to publish

The Journal etc has had minimal to write about, and is returning shortly. There are numerous reasons around it all and if necessary I can present a larger post about everything, but simply put there's no point writing about nothing. Regarding the start of the term when there was activity, I had no ability to publish to the relevant accounts. It's a large and convoluted mess in that regard. Regarding Real Time/etc, it's being replaced by a new project which will be unveiled shortly. Some things have to change as they've been less than successful in response it's a matter of changing things up to try encourage more engagement.

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: 3. Speed it up again

Yes we may be low on members however we can't just sit in the corner and sulk about it. The original FP had just the then Minister, the Del and three other members involved, myself included. However we still got things done maybe not a lot but things soon sped up. As we did stuff people got interested and wanted to get involved, and things just took off from there.

See my suggestions above.

No one is sitting around sulking. This thread unto itself is the exact opposite of that - it's progression.

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: I think we should invite players from Europiea to visit our forums and RMB to see what they think is up and how we could improve. Whenever I hop on the Europiea forums there are loads of people online, there is also something to do as the forums are active and the RMB is also active. I think we could learn a lot from them and other thriving regions alike.

People in Euro want to be in Euro. That's the nature of a UCR. We have a LARGE number of people that don't want to get involved in forums and never will by nature of being a GCR.

(01-05-2016, 11:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: I also think we should do more cultural events both here and in other regions. Things such as flash mobs, Flying circuses, a few festivals, small competitions and other events. This would generate activity and if we do it in different regions people might think "Hey TSP sounds like a lot of fun I'll move there or create a puppet there and get involved."[/b]

I'm currently working on some festivals now we're coming out of the holidays.

I wrote none of these things.

Edit: I commented on a few of these things, but I believe you meant to quote someone else Smile

(01-08-2016, 11:35 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: I wrote none of these things.

Edit: I commented on a few of these things, but I believe you meant to quote someone else Smile

Sorry for any misunderstanding, was replying in general and because I was replying to a combination of the original and some of your replies it made sense to just use the single post Tounge

(01-08-2016, 11:44 PM)Scylla Wrote: Sorry for any misunderstanding, was replying in general and because I was replying to a combination of the original and some of your replies it made sense to just use the single post Tounge

Cool!

I was confused..

Which happens easily!!

Either way!

You initial post did seem hostile, but after your clarification I see that it was not! You seem to be a very passionate and dedicated member of TSP!! As such I hope we become great friends due to this shared passion! Perhaps you would be open to the streamlining I suggested earlier and taking part in developing it with those that have volunteered already?

RE: Activity Problems - Zak6858 - 01-08-2016

It just sounded hostile because it sounded like you hade attacked the Advent Calendar even though we haven't really seen anything be done by you yet.