The South Pacific
TSP Executive Server - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Waterfront District (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Operations Center (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: TSP Executive Server (/thread-7758.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

TSP Executive Server - Jay Coop - 01-12-2020

It's just an idea, but what if we have one server for all of the governmental functions of the South Pacific. To cope with the possibility of new ministries being created, I think that it would be easier for everyone if we have one executive server where all ministry activities take place. The North Pacific has an executive server for this reason.

It's already difficult that people don't know that servers exist for MoRA, MoFA, and SPSF, so it would be easier it they're all in one place. This would also be helpful for people who have responsibilities in multiple ministries because they wouldn't have to shuffle between multiple servers.

RE: TSP Executive Server - Rebeltopia - 01-13-2020

The issue with that is each ministry already has their own channel list (I know MoRA has 13 active chans). With even 3 ministries - as it currently stands - that'd be at least 30-35 channels. And it could get even more confusing with 3 or 4 "welcome" chans Tounge

Id say a directory/index would be the best bet

RE: TSP Executive Server - Al0neForever - 01-13-2020

Yes, feel like it would get confusing quick if we have all of them in one server.

RE: TSP Executive Server - Amerion - 01-14-2020

I certainly see the benefits of having everything under one roof with different ministries occupying different categories.

*Goes and tries to join the exec server to see how TNP does it*

RE: TSP Executive Server - Al0neForever - 01-14-2020

Yes, this could be a good idea but doing this will take a lot of work and roles and whatnot. And after thinking about my previous statement, I do think that a server like this is possible and will make life easier for all of us.

RE: TSP Executive Server - Amerion - 01-14-2020

Indeed.

My initial thoughts are (1) each ministry gets their own category (2) a landing channel where applicants state which ministry they would like to join (3) and bing bang bong, we have one server rather than several three Tounge

RE: TSP Executive Server - Jay Coop - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 01:59 AM)Amerion Wrote: Indeed.

My initial thoughts are (1) each ministry gets their own category (2) a landing channel where applicants state which ministry they would like to join (3) and bing bang bong, we have one server rather than several three Tounge

I mean, this would give us a reason not to create servers for MoCA, MoEA, MoMeA, and MoWAA, which I do think is a bit excessive.

I should also mention that I created a server based on this idea just to see how it would work. If this idea ever carries off, I would transfer ownership since I shouldn't be able to see all of the secrets of the region.

RE: TSP Executive Server - Seraph - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 03:46 AM)Jay Coop Wrote: I should also mention that I created a server based on this idea just to see how it would work. If this idea ever carries off, I would transfer ownership since I shouldn't be able to see all of the secrets of the region.

There could definitely be benefits to this. It does raise the question of who should own and moderate such a server, though.

(01-14-2020, 04:31 AM)Seraph Wrote: There could definitely be benefits to this. It does raise the question of who should own and moderate such a server, though.

Why don't we amend the Charter by renaming the Forum Administration Team as a Communications Administration Team and let them moderate the server?