We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TSP Executive Server

It's just an idea, but what if we have one server for all of the governmental functions of the South Pacific. To cope with the possibility of new ministries being created, I think that it would be easier for everyone if we have one executive server where all ministry activities take place. The North Pacific has an executive server for this reason.

It's already difficult that people don't know that servers exist for MoRA, MoFA, and SPSF, so it would be easier it they're all in one place. This would also be helpful for people who have responsibilities in multiple ministries because they wouldn't have to shuffle between multiple servers.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

The issue with that is each ministry already has their own channel list (I know MoRA has 13 active chans). With even 3 ministries - as it currently stands - that'd be at least 30-35 channels. And it could get even more confusing with 3 or 4 "welcome" chans Tounge

Id say a directory/index would be the best bet
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

Yes, feel like it would get confusing quick if we have all of them in one server.
Al0neForever, joined 9th January 2020
Regional Fellow
SWAN Knight
Legislator

I certainly see the benefits of having everything under one roof with different ministries occupying different categories.

*Goes and tries to join the exec server to see how TNP does it*
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Jay Coop

Yes, this could be a good idea but doing this will take a lot of work and roles and whatnot. And after thinking about my previous statement, I do think that a server like this is possible and will make life easier for all of us.
Al0neForever, joined 9th January 2020
Regional Fellow
SWAN Knight
Legislator
[-] The following 1 user Likes Al0neForever's post:
  • Jay Coop

Indeed.

My initial thoughts are (1) each ministry gets their own category (2) a landing channel where applicants state which ministry they would like to join (3) and bing bang bong, we have one server rather than several three Tounge
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Jay Coop

(01-14-2020, 01:59 AM)Amerion Wrote: Indeed.

My initial thoughts are (1) each ministry gets their own category (2) a landing channel where applicants state which ministry they would like to join (3) and bing bang bong, we have one server rather than several three Tounge

I mean, this would give us a reason not to create servers for MoCA, MoEA, MoMeA, and MoWAA, which I do think is a bit excessive.

My History

I should also mention that I created a server based on this idea just to see how it would work. If this idea ever carries off, I would transfer ownership since I shouldn't be able to see all of the secrets of the region.

My History

(01-14-2020, 03:46 AM)Jay Coop Wrote: I should also mention that I created a server based on this idea just to see how it would work. If this idea ever carries off, I would transfer ownership since I shouldn't be able to see all of the secrets of the region.

There could definitely be benefits to this. It does raise the question of who should own and moderate such a server, though.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(01-14-2020, 04:31 AM)Seraph Wrote: There could definitely be benefits to this. It does raise the question of who should own and moderate such a server, though.

Why don't we amend the Charter by renaming the Forum Administration Team as a Communications Administration Team and let them moderate the server?

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Amerion