The South Pacific
(IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+--- Thread: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? (/thread-8984.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Scar - 12-10-2020

We, the administration of Shang Ye, are pleased to announce our commitment of additional forces toward the search of Flight HIA 402. We are in the process of configuration, and will provide more details as they follow. Our current plan is to have a total of ten naval reconnaissance submarines in the area and searching every corner. Shang Ye aims to be transparent with its data, and will work with all other willing parties toward a common goal.

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Hammerstar - 12-10-2020

Roll 6: Peace before the storm

The administration of Shang Ye continues to send its submarines to the location to help the expedition, and excellent weather would allow them to join the first submarine. They should be arriving the next day. As for the two viewtubers, they managed to find a plane en route to Winston Island, and were upgraded to first class, Chen managed to flirt with one of the flight attendants and got her number, promising to call her once they arrive. Upon landing at Monteros, they managed to red a luxury yacht from one of the locals after all the boat reservations were frozen amidst the heat zone earlier.

After switching to a newer satelite, the Earemland team managed to triangulate the location of the crash, and believing they needed to "balance out" the Izaakians, have sent a fleet to scout the location. However, bad weather came, and the fleet is expected to arrive in 3 days time (2 turns from now).

The Izaakian vessel, HMS Manta Ray, has recalibrated and protected the Izaakian voice channels after a large sabotage effort from Earemland. They also managed to send the corrupted data back home to Université de la Citadelle, and although the fighter jet flew out, the plane had lost fuel and had to land in a military base 2 towns north, the data would arrive at night (next turn). The RV Iceberg tried to launch a sub recon plane, but the thrusters failed, and the plane would need to be fixed and refuelled. The RV Deep Blue also faced some shortcomings, junk and garbage in the sea had covered the sonars and would have to be cleaned out before being used again. The Izaakian salvation ship, however, has arrived on the scene.

The Besernian expedition from BS Ostrovia managed to reinforce their channels and encrypted their codes, it would be very difficult to sabotage their channels and scramble. The drone submarine from BCGS Nordphalle successfully investigated the black box signal and have continued to triangulate the area even further. The Besernians tried to intercept a signal that is relevant to the localization of the plane, and while they were successful, they did not find anything remarkable than what they have right now. The forward vessels were sent from the homeland, however bad weather would have them arrive in three days time (Two turns from now)

The Anserisans had much success, their deep-sea rescue team had picked up an anonymous sonar on the north, and figured out that there was something else providing large echoes and frequencies, what it was was unknown. They speculate that there is a piece of machinery/vessel underwater that might also send some signals. The Anserisans managed to convince the office of First Minister Ragnhild Larsen to help them tow the FAA Fabricium, and a tow was quickly done at rapid pace. They managed to secure a harbour for the FAA Fabricium, joining the other Anserisan fleet.

The Head investigator of the Holy Free expedition had submitted his resignation letter amidst the chaos that he has to endure from trash-talking the Izaakians. To which a swift response was sent back, his resignation was denied, he has to see this through no matter what, he's the best and any act of resignation is frowned upon, his first class plane ticket to Izaakia was up in flames, without any prospect of a refund.

The HMS Heile had managed to arrive near HMS Sonny and towed them to shore along with the Winstonian tugboats. Upon docking, they find that there were some clogging in the turbines by garbage, they would have to be cleaned out. Ashore, the staff of the HMS Sonny tried to reboot the computer once more, however as the computer went to the start page, the electronics went haywire, and the computer was smoking and ablaze. The fire was put out, but the data inside the computer is now long gone. With no luck on going to Izaakia, the Head Investigator managed to contact one of the Izaakian expedition leaders and tried to convince them the benefits of sharing the information. (IC-Diplomacy between Tin and Izaakia)

Back in the Peonic base, High Commodore Zheng He instructed an expedition assembly be made as a helicopter was sent to pick up The Peony. He was instructed to get all expedition heads together in one room and regroup, fortunately, everyone was at a truce. The RPV Katsugawa was sent by Admiral Han Lee to move, but the ship needed restocking and would have to buy supplies before getting out of the docks. At sea, the RPNV Raika had excellent findings, the sonar drone sent by Professor Kao Min Hao located the signals and triangulated the area, it is definitely an excellent find for the expedition. While the HMS Sonny was pulled to the docks, the Peonic Expedition received a lot of bills from the Winstonian tug boats, and would have to pay the bill at a large price. However, their forward base was upgraded as the RPV Katsugawa was immobile, and the Peonic base now could house aerial drones, helicopters as well as its own proper command system. Back in Deep Island, The Peony had made her decision.

The Winstonian meteorologists back at the radar base detected an abnormal weather pattern. A huge storm is brewing in Christies trench and going towards Winston Island, the waves are expected to be immense and treacherous, which would severely dampen any efforts in the islands and the sea. All vessels are recommended called back to Winston Island to prepare for the storm, and search teams are expected to camp or go back.

Objective Complete!

9. Save the Crew of the Jolly Roger and The Rombold

10. Help The Peonic Paramedics Transport the Anserisan Helicopter Crew

11. Rescue the HMS Sonny to the Peonic Docks

WEATHER ROLL 20: High Rainstorms and Typhoons for the next turn. All non-submerged ships are called back to the harbour automatically and island teams are moved back or recommended to camp. Any movement in the search area would face Very Hard Modifiers.

The PEONIC EXPEDITION called for diplomacy move (Roundtable assembly), all characters are recommended to take this time and regroup the mission thru [b]IC diplomacy discussion

The Peony gave her thoughts,

"I appreciate your hospitalities, and I'll definitely take the cheese, but pass on the wine." Said The Peony, as she accepted the cheese board from Captain Ingstad of the Izaakian Expedition "They will send a helicopter for me, and I believe it is proper courtesy and respect to wait for their services. So I think I'm just going to sit back here and enjoy the beach, it's not every day that you could sit and relax at the shores of Rainbow Island after all."

[Image: actress-fan-bingbing-attends-the-starlig...1153359821]
The Peony then placed a finger on her lips and looked up a bit, she then clapped her hands once and gave a nice smile. "However, may I humbly suggest checking this island out for clues? I understood that there was a lot of issues that the expeditions had in getting to Deep Island, so maybe you'd like to explore a bit? Any help we can get is appreciated, as much as I appreciate your efforts in helping us solve the puzzle."

The Peony then gave a slight bow.

"So, do not mind me, honourable expeditions. I shall be here."

[Image: original.jpg]
She then turned and took off her jacket once more, sitting down and enjoying the beach whilst eating cheese. Her two soldiers stood by their Nuwang, and chewed cheese that she offered to them. Within an hour a helicopter came for the three, and The Peony was transported back to the forward base. They left the Besernians and the Izaakians on deep island, awaiting orders to accept The Nuwang's suggestion and explore Deep Island, or fall back to base.

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Izaakia - 12-10-2020

Bridge of HMS Stingray

Meteorologist: Sir, there’s a Category 5 hurricane forecast.

Admiral Nemo: Right you are Sir, I think now would be a good time to send some vessels into port to restock, repair and improve. We’re more than capable of weathering this storm, so we’ll stay out on reduced duties with some of the bigger ships.
Captain message the Royal Yacht, ask them to head to Deep island, they can find shelter in the shadow of the island there and assist the helicopter crew and search the island.
Have one of the RV Drone Subs sent over and we can use it to continue the search.
We can’t afford to lose a day due to weather, after all we’re Izaakian so we’re used to bad weather” he chuckles the last part.

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Klô - 12-10-2020

[Image: TJn8dr0.jpg]

Aboard the FAA Fabricium, the crew was mostly silent, people awaited patiently what would happen to their ship as they waited for a towing, either from Winston Island officials or back home in Anserisa.

Ding ding ding, was heard on the speakers
"Attention all personnel, this is your Commander speaking. We have received news that the Winston Island government has agreed to tow our boat, we are heading for Winston Island everyone! Please resume your position and prepare for a tow."

Cheers erupted on the ship as the people new they would be able to continue the mission. These people were not used to fail.

In Anserisa, the President was getting ready to board a plane, he wanted to head personally to Winston Island to meet with the crews of both vessels which would be docked in Winston Island as well as to meet with the many government officials of the different countries which were also there supervising personally on the island. He was conversing with Vice-President Jacobo Holtium.

"I know Jacobo that it is not advised to fly to Winston Island in the midst of an hurricane incoming, but I have the feeling that I have to go there personally, there are too many things at stake. That's why our Constitution has the prevision that you are acting President on the island for the duration of my trip, and of course... if anything happens. I will also be heading on the FAA Princio-Stéphano I after it gets back to Winston Island and will be taking on my powers of General Commander of Anserisa for the duration of my trip. I'm pretty sure my team stored my Commander suit for this trip. Anyway, I better get going right now and try to beat this incoming storm."

The President boarded a chartered Anserisana Airlines plane, an Aviana AV-10 en route for Winston Island to participate in the diplomatic meeting.
[Image: H8jqYIH.png]

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Scar - 12-10-2020

Chen is recording himself settling in a hotel room. Wen-Bo is lounging on a chair on his phone. It is the evening.

Anyway guys, that's it for part two of the trip. Stay tuned for more, and all that. If you excuse me, I'm gonna go to bed. Last words, Xiao Bo?

Kill yourse-

Chen turns off the camera.

Oh, by the way, the weather's too bad to do anything tomorrow. Some sort of spontaneous typhoon, or hurricane, or something. 

Ah, well. More time to adjust to the time zone. We should probably extend this hotel stay by one night then.

I'll call them.

Chen opens up his laptop computer and immediately turns on his personal encryption software before advancing.

Thank god I set this up, he thinks to himself.

Chen logs on Doufu types in a message.

Scar_:
Hey guys, it looks like the weather is absolutely terrible tomorrow. This is gonna be pretty uneventful, so it's very unlikely that I'm gonna be recording. I don't really have a contingency, so my bad, I guess. Regular vacation video uploading will continue after the weather.
-C

Chen logs off of Doufu and checks his email, primarily for the status of the delivery of a rare Pocket Creatures card. His eyes instead cross an urgent e-mail from a very important person.

The Peonic Expedition? Chen takes a moment to think. That's from Huawan, right? What do they want from me?

Chen reads the email. It seems as if this email was directed toward other world leaders.

Well, this doesn't seem like it's for me, but I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Even if this isn't for me, it's not like I can turn this down.

Wen-Bo finishes his phone call.

Any plans for later?

I'll be going out for tomorrow.

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Besern - 12-12-2020

For the sake of keeping the conversation as fluid for the reader, each character has been assigned a colour.
Chancellor Atrueue Vischervonda
Minister of Transport Gertie Dreher
Vice-chancellor/Advisor to the Chancellor Adalrich Smarfsoner

In the Fedinschtag building, the Chancellor was reading through some documents off his laptop.

[Image: YtXEsg3.png]
Image of the laptop the Chancellor was using

He had sat down with the Minister of Transport to book a flight to Winston Island a day prior. The chancellor would want to take a commercial flight, along with the rest of the government. It is de-facto government policy to rarely use motorcades, chartered flights and other modes of transport that would be deemed as "sophisticated". Even though technically it wouldn't be the most desired due to other concerns, in practice, not a single accident has happened so far. He and Gertie, along with a team accompanying them would board flight BLG470 from Brient Niewfilrus to Winston Island in business class in an Aeronaut 300neo operated by Bersches Luftefhart Gesellenschaft, the Besernian Aviation Corporation, the flag carrier airline of Besern.

[Image: iH1yBX7.png]
Image of an Aeronaut 300neo operated by Bersches Luftefhart Gesellenschaft

Just as he was about to pack up his laptop in his luggage, a knock could be heard from his office.

"You may enter."

The Minister of Transport, Gertie Dreher and the Vice-chancellor/Advisor to the Chancellor, Adalrich Smarfsoner entered the office.

"Good morning, Cabinet Minister Gertie and Vice-chancellor Adalrich."

"Good morning, your excellency."

"Good morning, your excellency."

"Have you packed up your belongings, cabinet minister Gertie? We're heading for Niewfilrus soon. Vice-chancellor Adalrich, could you be acting chancellor for the time being until my arrival back to Besern?"

"I will do my best."

"You will do your best."

"I have. However, I have some concerns. According to the Besernian Meteorological Agency, a hurricane may be approaching Winston Island."

"When is the estimated time of arrival then?"

"It is currently unknown, however, this may lead to some inconveniences."

"The inconvenience of not leaving for Winston Island is more than the inconvenience of being delayed for ten hours, speaking from experience. I have been made known that leaving for Winston Island in the midst of a hurricane incoming is not recommended, but there is a need for me to go. This is why the vice-chancellor is acting chancellor until I return, or if anything happens. I'll also be boarding the BS Ostrovia and be taking on my powers as the commander-in-chief for the duration of my trip. Should we leave now, cabinet minister Gertie?"

"I understand your point. We should leave now."

"You will do your best, godspeed."

Atrueue and Gertie left the office. They then exited the Fedinschtag building and went onto the Brient Metro.
They then checked-in and boarded the plane.

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Scar - 12-12-2020

Xiao Ping, I'm going to fly to Winston Island. Please ready Shang Shang 1 and all necessary transport and necessities. I will be at the gate in 90.

Right away, sir.

Li Zhixian put down the phone and began making preparations to depart his office.

He checked his email for one last time. Nothing new. The only thing of importance was the email summoning him to the island. Satisfied, he shut his laptop and prepared his briefcase.

Two laptops, each in their separate compartments. One for use. One for...other contingencies. A stack of documents. A couple of fountain pens. A small notebook. And, of course, a singular gold piece, shaped like a diamond, in its own custom compartment.

Li Zhixian looked around for anything else of value. A picture of his family, a pair of luxury sunglasses, some mints, and some headphones. He placed all of the objects in his suitcase and readied himself.

Tie. Blazer. Glasses. Sleeves. Watch. He felt as ready as ever. Chairman Li stood in front of the mirror, examining himself for any imperfection. Not a single clothing imperfection, not a single speck of unwanted dust. He felt as ready as ever.

Li exited his office and was greeted by several of his building's security detail.

Lovely day, gentlemen.

Chairman Li waited outside for no longer than ten seconds before a series of cars halted next to him. A man exited the front passenger side door.

Xiao Ping, good to see you.

Same to you, sir.

I trust everything is in order?

Yes, of course.

Ping opened the rear door for Chairman Li. As the chairman departed from the capital building, he began to think about the mission, and just how important it was.

Xiao Ping, please notify all relevant parties that I will be arriving at Winston Island.

Yes, sir.

RE: (IC) What happened to Flight HIA 402? - Hammerstar - 12-16-2020

Peonic Expedition Forward Base, Monteros, Winston Island. 5th of December 20XX

[Image: th?id=OIP.1q3A5hTiPaJh8t8fRRVZdQHaE8&pid=Api]
As the base was busy to prepare for the arrival of the RPNV Raika and the preparation of the RPV Katsugawa, a helicopter's shadow was seen as it lands on the big yellow H. The Peonic guardians formed outside at a safe distance from the rescue helicopter welcoming The Peony as she exited out along with the two corporals that stayed along with her. After Rin ordered the other guardians to bow, which was a common courtsey, the Peony gave a nod and turned to give a light bow at the Sarina and Fareed.

"Thank you for your dedication, which shall certainly be rewarded. I now relieve you back to your respective companies." In which Fareed and Sarina bowed deeper, mentioning their gratitude, and setting off. The Peony looked to her guardians, and the High Commodore, looking rather stern.

"The diplomatic conference will start in an hour, my Peony. It would be best that you be prepared." Said High Commodore Zheng He as he gave the reports to The Peony.

"Of course... Thank you for the suggestion." Said The Peony when she accepted the report. She then snapped her fingers in disappointment. "I don't think I've brought any clothes with me... What a shame, perhaps I could visit the nearest boutique, I believe madam Harrison once said to me a boutique she owned in Winston Island, what was it Rin?"

"I believe it was @Chique, my Nuwang." Answered Rin, in an austere fashion.

""Ah yes, @Chique, well I should get ready for the meeting." Said The Peony, and she nodded to Zheng He. "Honorable High Commodore, would you see through the invites and the attendance of the meeting?"

"It shall be done, my Nuwang." said High Commodore Zheng He.

"Very well, Rin, please accompany me to @Chique, and instruct the other guardians to help with the preparations." Said The Peony, smiling before she gaze unto the High Commodore, "tell me when the RPNV Raika and the RPNV Katsugawa arrive, they are the leaders of the expedition and must be available on the negotiations."

"I shall instruct and brief them accordingly, my Nuwang." said Zheng He.

The Peony bowed in gratitude, before gazing to Rin with a wide grin, "let's go shopping!"

Christies Eye, Christies Trench, 5th of December 20XX
[Image: Qok7QYC.jpg]
The sailors of the RPNV Raika were hoisting the sonar submarines up. A storm was brewing in Christies trench, and he believes that progress would be better if the submarine drones were searching at calmer waters. They had much progress anyway.

Professor Kao Min Hao looked at the drone that was hoisted up, his baby, the XFLR-5, was a search drone ZhangHai university made. He had loved the sea and everything under it, and always believed that an appreciation of Pacifica is by understanding the depth, for every layer and level lies evidence of the history. The sea is wide and vast that it was a cosmos of its own.

The Professor watched the sea and felt the urge to climb the railings and dive down. His middle school and high school atheltic career centers in swimming, but he always likes diving more than swimming. His father is an abalone farmer off the coast of ZhangHai near one of the fishing villages, who dove the depths without proper gear to get the freshest and expensive abalones. The sea was his backyard, and the depth was his first love. Affirmed after having sea exploration and oceanography his passion.

[Image: 6d9OyBf.jpg]
As the drone was hoisted, a couple of his assistants had the drone back and retrieved the necessary data. He decided to take a break for a while and looked at the sea, when he noticed that the plane investigator, Zahra Lliong was beside him, taking another smoke.

"Investigator." he said, nodding with a smile.

"Honorable Professor," Zahra said, exhaling another smoke, "aren't you going to help your assistants?"

"I think some break would be acceptable, Lliong-san." Professor Kao said, with a thick ZhangHai accent and dialect. He rubbed his eyes from looking so long at the screen "The submarine is hoisted up and the data would be interpreted as we sail back."

"This place is so deep." said Zahra, taking another puff "do you think we could find the wreckage?"

"The deep-sea canyons of Christies trench is so diverse and treacherous, but the fact that we are still able to collect a signal means that the wreckage is in a depth that is, at least, explorable for us. We are lucky that the submarine earthquakes did not move the wreckage deeper unto the trench. But I could not promise that an earthquake may cause it to drop further." Said Professor Kao, sighing deep. "We should be able to get the data for you to interpret later."

"You would be launching yourself there?" asked Zahra, gazing at the deep-sea manned submarine.

[Image: 135810_jang-hyuk-pinterest.JPG]
"Of course, once we could triangulate the area appropriately, we need to send deep-sea submarines as well as divers to retrieve the box." Said Professor Kao, looking at the submarine. "It may seem simple, but it is in much more difficult in practice. The high torrents, degradation and darkness all contribute to the difficulty, honourable investigator."

"I see.."

Professor Ko coughed from the cold ocean breeze, "Well, it's time for me to interpret the datas. I suppose it is time for you to prepare for the meeting? I hear there will be a helicopter that's going to pick us up, but I'll stay here to interpret the data, I'm afraid."

"Very well, please excuse me, professor." Said Zahra as she takes another puff of the cigarette, and throwing it out to the ocean.

Something that irked the professor, he never liked littering, and the number of expeditions around the trench had increased the amount of litter he saw. But he kept a cool mind and watched the sun and the clouds, it's going to rain heavily, a typhoon is coming. He moves back to the research office to analyze the data

Monteros City Hall, Monteros, Winston Island, 5th of December 20XX
[Image: Baluwatar-diplomatic-meeting.jpg]
The delegates arrived in a rented conference room at the government building in Winston Island, it was easy convincing First Minister Larsen to help host the conference. She will be on a side of her own but will leave more discussions by the Peonic expedition, the Winstonian provincial leader had given her thoughts on the problems the expedition caused for Winston Island, and hopes The Peocracy would raise these issues here.

The Peony had fashioned a new white dress with black checker linings, one that was chosen after a quick tour of @Chique with her guardian and milk sister Rin. As her sister donned a rather fashionable dress for the assembly, Rin had also bought some new clothes by The Peony's (Rather forceful) suggestion but had chosen to don a suit instead in this particular moment.

[Image: R5KjKAI.png]
Both Captain Ko of the RPNV Raika and Captain Souma of the RPV Katsugawa have arrived in the location wearing their uniforms, along with Zahra, who shall be sitting behind the delegation. The High Commodore, Zheng He, has taken an early leave from Winston Island to review naval lease deals with the United Atlantic, leaving Admiral Han Lee in his place.

The Peonic delegation was ready to provide some remarks. The Peony saw the delegations sent from the other expeditions, some ministers, heads of states, and private expeditions. In order to have Captain Ko and Captain Souma free to do their work without anyone shooting at them or intercepting radio frequencies with a large number of pop songs, The Peony has to call for cooperation..

[Image: Jury+Photocall+70th+Annual+Cannes+Film+F...Y_uPXl.jpg]

Honourable delegates, expedition heads, excellencies of our allies. Thank you for providing your precious time and attention for this meeting where we can discuss the crash of HIA 402. Allow me to represent the Peocracy, in providing our deepest heartfelt appreciation to you all in helping us once more to find the missing flight of Huawan Intercontinental 402. My sympathies to those fallen and perish in the Izaakian RV Yellow Submarine, and the downing of the RV Jolly Roger and the RV Rombold off the coast.

We would like to begin by announcing that the search for HIA 402 has been going spiffingly and thanks to your efforts, we are able to triangulate the signal even further, as well as explore further clues in some of the islands. However, her honourable First Minister, Ragnhild Larsen, had been in chaos after numerous reports of signal sabotage, pop songs filling the airwaves of the area and effectively incapacitating so much of the island's telecom services. This is further worsened when some pop songs have effected FiHami's own telecom providers, and complaints come from the Finixian Prime Minister. Further actions that transpired within the coming days have been, remarkable, to say the least.

The Peocracy maintains a single point, in which our sole priority is solving the mystery of HIA 402 and recovering any wreckage including the black box and the CVR. We believe that it would be best to set our differences aside for now, and work together. Any issues we had in the past coming days could be discussed and diplomatically resolved post hoc.

By the Peocracy of Huawan, I now open allow the moderator to open the floor for further discussions regarding this matter, and I hope this assembly remains civil.