We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resolution on the Coalition

(02-04-2016, 11:57 AM)Punchwood Wrote: Can we please by-pass the five day voting please. I think this will be passed quite clearly and waiting five days is just too long. I think one or two days is all we really need.

Still it's written that it's in the same standards as the a Charter ... no. But, unless we have major objections, I think we can act as though it's law while we're voting it on. There didn't seem to be too much disagreement on the details.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(02-04-2016, 11:57 AM)Punchwood Wrote: Can we please by-pass the five day voting please. I think this will be passed quite clearly and waiting five days is just too long. I think one or two days is all we really need.

I am bound by duty to put legislation to vote in accordance to what has been motioned and seconded. In this case where the author has specifically included provisions for the Resolution to have the same threshold and voting time as a Charter amendment, I am bound to follow that. 

It is a matter of protocol, for which I cannot concede, barring any exceptional circumstances, in which case the author shall inform the Chair of the Assembly or their Deputy in writing. Such matters will be dealt with in consultation with the author and at the discretion of the the Chair of the Assembly or their Deputy. Thereafter, an official notification will be published by the Office of the Chair of the Assembly, informing the community of any changes in voting, and providing assistance to those who have already voted.

So as a question I'm curious about - the text in Section B clause 2 is very broad. How are "individuals" defined? The entire cabinet or every citizen of TSP that registered on the Zetaboard forum?

(02-04-2016, 04:52 PM)Lord Ravenclaw Wrote: So as a question I'm curious about - the text in Section B clause 2 is very broad. How are "individuals" defined? The entire cabinet or every citizen of TSP that registered on the Zetaboard forum?

That would have to be toward the Cabinet, we could hardly expect average users to be blamed.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I wrote that clause intentionally broad, so as to apply to everyone potentially; I can't imagine anyone would chose to bring charges against ordinary citizens, but this way that possibility is dealt with.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Can I ask when elections are going to take place? Legally they have to start tomorrow and the sooner the better as the region may not be able to cope with no Cabinet for much longer.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(02-11-2016, 12:19 PM)Punchwood Wrote: Can I ask when elections are going to take place? Legally they have to start tomorrow and the sooner the better as the region may not be able to cope with no Cabinet for much longer.

As soon as I accept and mask citizens we'll get them underway.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Elections will begin in 1 hour 40 minutes.