We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Lampshade Bar and Grill
#4,291

As one who used to hate the taste of alcohol, and who now quite likes it, I can only say that you underestimate the desirability of acquired tastes. They might not be enjoyable at first, but often they become amongst your favourite flavours (I could cite other acquired tastes I now love, like coffee, tea, olives, dark chocolate, etc. to back this up).

For myself I just drink moderately and not often. I have never been drunk and never had a hangover, but I know the joys of a good glass of Tokaji, an Irish coffee and the Edinburgh Gin Company's Rhubarb and Ginger Gin.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
#4,292

Well, I gotta admit, tastes differ from person to person, and the fact if something tastes good or not is purely subjective.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

#4,293

Indeed.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

#4,294

Indeed. I myself drink rarely in RL, and only certain drinks (I'm also a minor, so I can't buy the stuff legally). Still, is fun to play the part of the unstable alcoholic here Tounge

*Serves vodka*
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#4,295

Some of it tastes alright, and drinking usually tends to be quite fun.
#4,296

"Usually". If within reason.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

#4,297

Where is the bar located. If it's in Falochland then people should come in an get trapped due to the huge blizzard
#4,298

To my knowledge, it is located on Government Island, but I'm not sure.

You want a drink?
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#4,299

The bar could be anywhere...

#4,300

I don't think it really matters.