We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Vamapin Siread sutaciraduinea - The Feast of Created Light - 14th December 2016

(03-01-2017, 10:47 AM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: “The weather is quite lovely,” the young princess replied subtly smiling, “It is also an honor to meet the esteemed Peony of the medical country of Huawan. I am Princess Isara F. Firenze of the Frost Empire. I hope that you have enjoyed your visit to this lovely country.”

"A pleasure, honorable Princess, I humbly wish that on you as well. I have to say that your dress is outstanding, its intricate details are simply remarkable, you call it "Kimono" am I correct? I assume it is the traditional dress of your Empire?"
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(03-08-2017, 12:03 AM)Hammerstar Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 10:47 AM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: “The weather is quite lovely,” the young princess replied subtly smiling, “It is also an honor to meet the esteemed Peony of the medical country of Huawan. I am Princess Isara F. Firenze of the Frost Empire. I hope that you have enjoyed your visit to this lovely country.”

"A pleasure, honorable Princess, I humbly wish that on you as well. I have to say that your dress is outstanding, its intricate details are simply remarkable, you call it "Kimono" am I correct? I assume it is the traditional dress of your Empire?"

“Um, well yes, the Kimono is the traditional dress of the Empire.” Said Isara wondering if her simple Kimono was far too exotic for casual wear. “I’m quite surprised that you know of our traditional outfits, your eminence, considering that we were an isolated nation for quite some time.”

"We take quite some time to study other nations and their culture, I myself along with my friend have a hobby to research traditional clothing of asian origin, and we happen to come across your kimono, which is stunningly similar in element with our traditional clothes. What I wear right now, the Peonic Qipao, is also a traditional dress of asian origin, and perhaps may share an ancestry with the Frostian Kimono. We also have the hanbok and the Ao Dai, and I would be happy to show it to you sometime, princess."

The Peony then recognized her position.

"Forgive me, I've expressed too much, do you like tea, your majesty?"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(03-20-2017, 12:43 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: "We take quite some time to study other nations and their culture, I myself along with my friend have a hobby to research traditional clothing of asian origin, and we happen to come across your kimono, which is stunningly similar in element with our traditional clothes. What I wear right now, the Peonic Qipao, is also a traditional dress of asian origin, and perhaps may share an ancestry with the Frostian Kimono. We also have the hanbok and the Ao Dai, and I would be happy to show it to you sometime, princess."

The Peony then recognized her position.

"Forgive me, I've expressed too much, do you like tea, your majesty?"

The Princess looked flustered at the Peony’s apologize as she said, “Oh, please don’t apologize, I quite enjoy this conversation and am interested in how your nation came across our kimono. I would also love to see the Hanbok and the Ao Dai at a different occasion.” “Apologize for interrupting your eminences, but the Princess also has a soft spot for tea as well,” chimed in the elderly fellow prompting Isara to say, “One that was gained after learning from you Uncle.”

"I see you are a man of culture, honorable uncle of Princess Isara, I apologize for not catching your name, but I must note that any person who loves the brew of leaves blessed by nature are certainly friends of ours. Unless they claim otherwise, of course." Responded The Peony, "anyway, it is a pleasure to meet you, mr?"

- Doraemon

(03-20-2017, 01:47 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: "I see you are a man of culture, honorable uncle of Princess Isara, I apologize for not catching your name, but I must note that any person who loves the brew of leaves blessed by nature are certainly friends of ours. Unless they claim otherwise, of course." Responded The Peony, "anyway, it is a pleasure to meet you, mr?"

Oda chuckled, "Oda, Assembly Chair Shizuka Oda, your eminence. I am unrelated to her majesty, but she seems to call me uncle for some reason." "Well it's only natural I consider you an uncle figure given how you've been one of the more understanding mentors like President Kensei." Replied Isara.
The old man smiled, "In anycase your eminence, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of teas are prominent in Huawan?"

(03-20-2017, 02:22 PM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: Oda chuckled, "Oda, Assembly Chair Shizuka Oda, your eminence.  I am unrelated to her majesty, but she seems to call me uncle for some reason." "Well it's only natural I consider you an uncle figure given how you've been one of the more understanding mentors like President Kensei." Replied Isara.
The old man smiled, "In anycase your eminence, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of teas are prominent in Huawan?"

"Charmed," responded The Peony, "I am quite aware of that feeling, I myself have a similar relationship with one of my ministers, who first served the country under my grandmother, and my mother, and then me. I always saw that man as someone incredibly close to me, as if he was my grandfather."

"Ah Huawan provides and keeps only the finest teas that was provided by nature and by Allah, there are quite diversity of tastes in tea, however I have a soft spot for the tea of the cherry blossom flowers, seeping pickled cherry blossoms brewed in the optimum temperature of boiled water, Subahanallah, it has such a remarkable taste that showers your gustatory system with joy and love." Answered the Peony, "It is glad to find someone that shares the love for tea as I, I simply could not stand people who call tea as some "hot leaf juice". How about the Empire? I take that your love for this heavenly potation is not what one would call low?"

- Doraemon

They stepped inside the Mena and, though it was filled with dignitaries and those who had been awarded special honours for their actions throughout the year, the hushed, reverent silence was deafening.  Like many gothic structures throughout the world, there was a sense of great space despite the many pillars and the vast weight of masonry they held up in mighty arches.  But though the design principles were gothic in nature, the shapes that leapt up out of that strictly engineered form were uniquely Erinoran: the stylised rectangular outlines of the figures of the Revanim and of many creatures natural and supernatural carved into the stones; the concentric shapes and right angles, all softened with floral motifs and jungle vines; and the stepped pyramid shapes that concealed every arch and repeated throughout the cavernous sanctuary in a hundred different ways.

Yena, though an atheist, could not help but admire the beauty and the peace of the place as she lead the delegates through the central aisle towards the seats reserved for them near the front.  Beyond lay a series of long altars covered in candles and beyond that, a vast, sculptured furnace in dark stone, the fires within glowing through the eyes of every being carved into its design.  At the base of the furnace, where the aisle passed between the altars to meet it, a vast burning pit shaped liked the open beak of a stylised Jino qendeo, a terror bird, seemed to swallow the floor, the mosaic of inlaid stone disappearing into white-hot oblivion.

At the edge of the great bird's fiery maw, far enough away from the flames to be safe, there was a railing and before that stood a line of Amlassar clothed in sooty grey robes, their faces veiled. Amlasso vaelyareo Adaro Syatya-Tyaniro, head of the Amlassar Revarad, stood on the congregational side of the altars, dressed in ceremonial robes of white, gold, purple and teal.  He stepped towards the delegates as they approached and Yena bowed her head towards him respectfully.

"Lyerim lejarunem vusein! Khardar Lyeral Khumardo Khavico myevadeu susacrein.*" the Amlasso vaelyareo began before continuing in thickly accented Austral, "It is a pleasure to welcome you into the Mena Tacirid, the most sacred of the Meni Revarad and, I believe, the heart of Erinea herself."

He gestured to a couple of younger, grey-clad Amlassar who came carrying boxes of inlaid teak which they opened before the delegates to reveal intricately carved sticks of wood.  "The service will begin soon, but first you will each need one of these.  They are Inurupikhartin, prayer sticks, and each has been carved by one of our Amlassar with images from your nations' history.  We hope they are not too inaccurate.  When the time comes, you will be asked to take your prayers stick, light the tapered end with a candle and then take it to the furnace to fuel the flames of our prayers."

"I am aware that you would not be followers of Revara," Yena added, "and neither am I, but it is traditional to say a few words about what you would like to happen, like making a wish, asking the Dreamers of Revaran mythology, the Revanim - or, indeed, any divine beings or spirits you might believe in - to do as you ask for yourself, your family, your people.  If you do not wish to partake, you are, of course, not obliged."

The Amlasso vaelyareo nodded in quiet agreement.  "I believe that the Revanim are not jealous," he added in cryptic reassurance.

Suddenly a trio of bells tolled somewhere above them, a deep, almost ominous harmony in a minor key and the Amlasso vaelyareo straightened up to reveal his somewhat impressive full height (made more so with the elaborate and slightly ridiculous hat-cum-headdress that had been worn by Amlassar vaelyarear for nearly a millennium and a half).  "It is time," he said and the delegate were suddenly being ushered into the seats.  The service was about to begin.

*"We great you all very warmly!  May your mountains never be darkened by clouds."

The Peony was quite uneasy with the action offered by Yena,

Though flattered, The Peony is not one to divulge to syncrecy and though she does not like to use the "I" word, she tries to restrict herself from committing acts not the same as instructed by the prophet.

The response from the Amlasso Vaelyareo was obscure and it made her feel worse, further after reassured by Yena, who, if she believed it, would know every nook and cranny of the religion, for she thinks that believing is the first step go to receive the vibe.

She did not want to leave and offend the Amlasso however, his welcome may be warm therefore she must provide an equal response. Offending the religion and tradition of a temple this massive and a country this large would be dangerous in the long run.

After some thinking however, she decided to (in secrecy) provide a prayer with a concealed tone. As the bells chimed aloud.

- Doraemon

Gianluca liked the beauty of the place too. He isn't religious, even though he is christened as a GI-landian protestant, but many houses of God just looked so fabulous, meaningful and peaceful, that you couldn't not admire it at least for a second.
Of course he unfortunately didn't know anything about the Revaran mythology, but the idea of the prayer sticks with a little history of each nation on it, was really good in his opinion and he would definitely take part in this procedure, especially because in his opinion, this is just mandatory, polite behaviour.

As he got his prayer stick, he whispered a "Thank you" towards the Amlassar and then regarded the piece of wood.
There wasn't as much on it, as he awaited it to be, but of course, GI-Land hasn't opened itself until last year again and the last time they opened themselves towards Pacifica is quite a time ago already.
Black, red and some golden colour was used - for each level one colour.
In black on the top the first king of GI-Land, Lukas I., and a group of people, most likely the Gianlucian tribe, holding the crown.
In red in the middle there weren't dead people exactly, but it looked like angels above.....a puddle of blood?
Yeah, GI-Land really got an aggressive time once, that costed many lifes unfortunately, maybe it referred to that.
Down below, in golden, there seemed to be the dome of Atlantis and a cat, the national animal of GI-Land.
Furthermore, he couldn't believe his eyes, his father, King Axel I., and of course he himself, Gianluca. It was difficult for him to hold back his tears about this piece of art, that even noticed the relationship between his father, who passed away almost two years ago, and him.
He breathed in deeply and awaited the service as the bells rang.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)