We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Flash News
#1,781

The Frost empire has successfully tested its first manned submarine launched special operations insertion pod. Military officials of the Imperial Frost Military have hailed it as the "chief door knocker" in any potential counter-offensive.
#1,782

A memorial has been set up by citizens of the Federation outside of the Supreme Court Building following the death of Justice Stephen Fallon.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
#1,783

The new Committee of Foreign Affairs has requested that the LOHP Council allow embassies be established in the capital city of Aricas, however this has been met with some resistance and debate. The vote for this will be this upcoming Monday.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
#1,784

There has been a controversy over the counting of votes in the election to the new Upper House of Erinoran democracy, the Khasa Yanorirs. This has greatly delayed official results, whilst the electoral commission work with legal authorities to determine the nature of the problem.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
#1,785

After much debate and controversy, the allowed establishment of foreign embassies in the capital has lost the Council vote, with 13 ayes and 17 nays. The head of the Foreign Affairs Committee, Buford Vert, said after the vote that "We need to show the Council why these embassies will be good for the Nation. I think they feel that we're sliding into the international scene a little too quickly. We'll have their votes at a later time, I'm sure of it."

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
#1,786

In the next two hours, Elector Primo Thomas Winston is expected to announce his pick for Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The speech will be aired live on INN.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
#1,787

"PPG" and "Grüne" today proposed to abolish religious holidays. "We are a secular nation and we don't think, we need those Christian holidays, especially since it discriminates Muslims and Jews, who mostly don't have the opportunity to celebrate their holidays like the Christians, because their holidays aren't considered as such by GI-Land", said Max Rieber from the Green Party.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
#1,788

Following the explosion a couple of weeks ago, a large scale control and inspection operation have revealed several barrels of nuclear waste missing from a nearby nuclear power plant. The government will release an official statement in the coming days
[Image: nukebadge1.gif]
#1,789

Citizens in major cities across Pax Dracon have been purchasing stock in the new trade corporations ever since the Senate had announced preparations for new trade routes with their neighbors.
#1,790

After a meeting was held with the Council and the Committee of Foreign Affairs, many Council members have shown much interest in the Foreign Embassies proposed by the Committee. The plans for these Embassies will be finalized this Saturday, the vote will be next Monday. It is predicted that the vote will pass with at least 20 ayes and 10 nays, however some are skeptic about these predictions as the last vote lost.