We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Lampshade Bar and Grill
#5,081

Pfft. Who the heck even saves money?

I say spend it all on booze. For the patrons, of course. Who else?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
#5,082

Now that's a policy I can get behind.

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!
#5,083

Hmm. hell yeah ! But first you better get a huge passive income from some money to essentially let the good times roll forever (Like the motto of New Orleans says in French.

Cause its nice to splurge on cash, but if you wanna make it really last, form a money tap first.

If it worked for my parents without teritary education, it will certainly work for you !
#5,084

Spending it on booze sounds like a good idea right now.

Two days ago, I watched a WWE pay-per-view. It was very, very dissappointing, to say the least. I wrote about my displeasure on the pro-wrestling subreddit (r/SquaredCircle), and the reaction I got, with one guy essentially calling me a child and an idiot, plus various comments I've seen on other topics... all that combined only served to kick me into a depression. Like, really, I feel like not doing anything for a month. 

Internet fandoms can be very toxic sometimes, is what I'm saying.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#5,085

Reddit has a reputation for a reason. Most of the people are opinionated to an extreme, and tend to lack the ability to listen to people...

Try not to take their toxicity and commentary too hard. We're here for you.

*serves booze*

Marius Rahl

Fortitudine Vincimus!
#5,086

I agree. When I need to look for a meme, I stay FAR FAR Away from reddit.

The front page of the internet ? I'd call it the dirtiest corner of the legal realms of the internet.

Only thing more filthier than reddit and you'd end up into the Internet black market.

I might have acted toxic at times, but even I will never go that far

<Drinks a glass of Dom Perignon after eating a cracker with caviar>

I have found another island in the very fringes of TSP water. I will be moving now. But I'll come back day by day for a drink. This place is like Moe's to my inner Homer Simpson('s affection for drinking)
#5,087

Weird. I (luckily) never had such an experience with Reddit and am quite content with it :thinking:
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
#5,088

I've never had that much of an ugly experience in Reddit either. But those toxic subs do exist, so it's better to stay away from them.

My meme browsing is mostly restricted to r/PrequelMemes these days. Tounge

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
#5,089

The funny part of this is that most people commenting there actually agreed with me; due to WWE's... inconsistent nature (sometimes it's very good, sometimes very, very bad), some fans of other promotions tend to look on WWE's fanbase with derision (the reverse is also true, by the way).

I think the problem is the fandom itself. One look at Youtube, Facebook and the like gives the same image: really strong opinions, refusal to accept other opinions, outright elitism/hate towards fans of different things, self-hate/hate towards new fans, wars between fans for really dumb reasons... that subreddit is actually more civil than other places I've seen (and the mods aren't as tyrannical as in other subreddits).
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
#5,090

Most fandoms these days seem to be poisoned with toxicity.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8