We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Reunion

"As a matter of fact, they are actually quite rare. The vegetables and herbs served in your soup are quite the delicacy, for often they take years to grow in their natural state. They cost a fortune, but they do forge some exquisite dishes"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Although the fruit was delicious, the Stoinians would keep their distance from it from now on. Their inner gut told them that by eating such an expensive fruit, they would become as decadent as the Ryccians. Perhaps it was the indoctrination they received as kids to not look after such decadent desires. The Chancellor spoke eventually with a more friendly tone while the King still calmed down.

"I see, perhaps it wouldn't be an interest to bring these into the Stoinian market. If they are as expensive as you say, the price on the Stoinian market would skyrocket due to the transportation needed. With those prices, no Stoinian would pay for a piece of fruit. Perhaps more common fruits can be imported from your Empire. We Stoinians would also like to export some of our exclusive fruits and vegetables as well. Perhaps you would be interested in fruits and vegetables from Terra itself?"

By luck or chance, the direction of the conversation could now be steered into a more historical one. It remained up to the Ryccian if they would take the bait.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

"Whether organic foodstuffs excel in the Ryccian market depends on the customers. You have been alluding to a place called 'Terra', King Andrei. If I recall accurately from the news reports, this is an ancestral planet you claim all of humanity descends from? If so, may I be acquaintanced as to the location of this fabled world in your nation if it is indeed within your jurisdiction? What are its fruits and vegetables like, for example? Is it far from your capital world or is it the centre of your government?"
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

"Terra is indeed the ancestral planet of all Terrans, or humans as you refer to us. Sadly due to malfunctions whilst we were on our sleeper ship, the Zamolxis, we have endured several technological hiccups which shouldn't have occurred. We suddenly were tens of light years off course and our time signatures were off by multiple centuries. We were also forced to ditch our original planet for colonisation and look for local habitable planets. For those reasons we aren't able to pinpoint with certainty the location of our ancestral home. There are some speculations which I would be happy to hand over. You must also understand that we left our ancestral jurisdiction to ensure Mankind's survival, be it from government or a star."

The King sighed, he still was disappointed that the Ryccians had forgotten their roots.

"As for the fruits, we took apples, pears, peaches, carrots, potatoes and many more like it. They are very diverse and have evolved over time to adapt to their new environments, but some have also retained their shapes and forms. Of course it was a challenge to grow them sometimes as these new environments meant that new diseases could destroy all the crops. Luckily we were able to make them resistant through genetic manipulation. On our ships we have gardens in which we grow such fruits, we can give you samples by tomorrow if you would like."
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

"How...interesting. Our similarities are uncanny, for we already possess and produce all the plant-based foodstuffs you have listed to us. They would not be anything foreign to our population"

Ferul interjected. As his role as Head of the Government, he takes care of important matters.

"We would be glad to be made aware of your theories as to where this 'Terra' planet is located. Perhaps our archaelogists and historians may cooperate to find a resolute truth to this paradox"

The King was a little offended by the tone this xeno had used to say Terra. However, what could such a xeno understand of the Stoinian essence? For now, the King could understand their doubts and scepticism. But if by chance they had anything in their ancient archives, maybe the same ones where the Cristians were mentioned, it could help the Stoinians in their quest to find Terra again.

"I think we can come to an agreement for a joint archaeological program to find Terra or anything from ancient Mankind."

Of course the Stoinians would try claim such artefacts for themselves as they currently distrusted to hand over such important artefacts to the Ryccians, who would likely view it as a relic from a horrific past. Another option was that they wouldn't even show it musea and lock it behind doors, never showing Mankind's true origins. Surely in Stoinian hands, they would receive the respect they deserved.

Then the Queen spoke up, she had an idea that maybe both parties would appreciate. It was indeed a stretch, but the role of Queen still was a noble one.

"Gentlemen, I believe it is all good and well to learn about history, but it's useless if you don't learn from it. We Stoinians have learned about the vulnerability of children too many times. I don't know about the Ryccian Empire, but are there a lot of orphans in your Empire? The Stoinian government would more than likely be willing to help any orphan of any race within the Ryccian Empire. In return the Ryccians could do the same, surely this is bound to grow a favourable view of one another. Would the Ryccians be interested in such a program."

"Ryccian citizens being educated by these barbarians from infancy? Certainly not", so thought Ferul.

He had to be diplomatic to this Queen. To allow human Ryccians to be raised by these xenophobes would be detrimental to the citizenry, and the alien children would be certainly taught that they are inferior beings unworthy of life. Perhaps the Stoinians would even execute Ryccian orphans for their species. Many in the Cabinet had similar thoughts. To permit Ryccian citizens to have supremacist ideologies would be anathema to everything the Empire stood for, and to allow this would basically be granting the opposition a free pass to attack and kill him politically. It would be political suicide to accept this.

Ferul smiled softly, as if he genuinely appreciated the Queen's gesture, but in his mind he could not be more suspicious.

"Whilst we appreciate the offer, Your Majesty, the Empire believes it has sufficient resources to take care of our orphans. We wish not to burden your great state with the problems that we can solve"

"Oh we didn't mean to suggest that you didn't have the resources. I was merely suggesting some sort of financial transaction as a show of good faith. It doesn't have to be financial, but perhaps in different means. I surely am not suggesting for transnational adoption programs. I think we can both agree that would be preposterous."

The King's stomach began to lightly rumble. Contrary to the Ryccians, who needed to artificially make room in their stomachs, the Stoinians, especially those of Romanian ethnicity, had developed a large appetite and stomach. Although they wouldn't ask for much, it was common knowledge that they could eat a lot. The King was asking himself questions on what took the Ryccians so long. The Chancellor interjected.

"While indeed such an adoption program would be preposterous at current time, perhaps a student exchange program would be a good step. Baroness Liat has voiced her support for such a program and I believe it would indeed be mutually beneficial."

"Indeed, I did hear from her regarding this matter. We are quite receptive to this idea in order to gain a mutual understanding", said the Chancellor.

Although they were not mutually aware, most of the guests did wonder why it was taking so long to bring the appetizer. Whatever in the stars could be going on there?

A servant came, rushing towards the Emperor. He began to explain in Latin.

"I beg your pardon for the delay, Your Majesty. Our culinary staff is not acquaintanced with one of the dishes the Minister of Justice ordered, and thus we took longer than expected. The culinary staff wishes to apologize for the delay, but they should be finished soon"

"Sigh...very well, that can be understood, but do make haste, lest we anger the King of Stoinia"

"I take my leave, Your Majesty"

"Apologies for the delay, everyone. It appears that the culinary staff had a complication. The next dish should be coming soon"

Just as the Emperor finished speaking, the servants came with the next dish. For the King, the appetizer was a sweet sandwich. Made with crispy sweet bread instead of a normal variety, the four small sandwiches laid out in the plate had beef, lettuce and a strange, umami-sweet hybrid cream. This was Colat, an alien cream extracted from a rare plant in the Rim moon of Auroria. It took seven years to grow, and it was in high demand for the aristocracy.

The servant began to explain French. Knowing this foreign monarch could speak it, the proper aristocratic custom could be followed and the servant could talk in the language.

"Your Majesty, this is an Aurorian-style Sweet Sandwich originating from the Rim moon of Auroria. Due to its special ingredient, it has been a recent trend amongst the elite of The Rim and the Core to consume it"

The King took a bite from the sandwich. The bread was delicious, so were the beef and lettuce. Just what the Stoinians expected, but the cream caught them off guard. They hadn't expected its sweet taste. Their brains took a moment to process the unorthodox taste combination. Their confusion was quite visible to the Ryccians.

"A peculiar taste indeed. Can someone please elaborate on the sweet cream in the sandwich?"

The King said with a confused facial expression.