We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[FAILED] Private voting

Private voting already exists in the forum of private messages to the Vote Collector account. There have been no instances, to my knowledge, of people being harassed on account of that.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Farengeto

I guess now we need to close this topic if all agree to close it.

Please note that I have made revisions to the bill in the OP.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

What's changed?

(10-11-2020, 08:06 PM)Nakari Wrote: What's changed?

"Remaining" is no longer striked out and "except with the consent of the voter" is removed at the end.

My History

While I most always vote Private Ballot as that is what I am most comfortable with. Is there a way that people can vote publicly but not see who anyone else voted for until AFTER THEY have voted? 

It will still allow for public votes and may stop the vote like other people issues.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

I think that would be better, but people would still be able to edit their ballots afterwards.

That said, how much evidence is there actually about votes being swayed?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

(10-12-2020, 03:13 PM)Penguin Wrote: While I most always vote Private Ballot as that is what I am most comfortable with. Is there a way that people can vote publicly but not see who anyone else voted for until AFTER THEY have voted? 

It will still allow for public votes and may stop the vote like other people issues.

That would theoretically mean having a passworded-thread specific to each legislator to be able to vote from.
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)

Each legislator could be PMed a "key" to go along with their voter ID number, and we could vote offshore on a Google Form, and only the election committee has access to these records until after the election, where they then release the voting record.

Private ballots can also be meddled with!

I do agree with Jay's proposal in the OP though.
[redcoat slayer]

I motion to vote on this bill.

My History