We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Flash News
#4,911

Following Phanama’s last nuclear weapon being dismantled, the nation has officially ended its nuclear weapons programme.

In other news, Prime Minister Clarissa Marchionne has addressed the nation, outlining a set of new measures to help lower Phanama’s carbon footprint. Should there be no objections within the next 100 days, work towards implementing the new measures shall commence.
Phanama
Roleplayer
#4,912

The House of Lord Senators publishes its findings on the effectiveness of anti-obesity measures from the last 5 years that the previous government implemented. 
The Measures Included: An Obesity Tax on Income, A ban on highly processed foods and compulsory exercise programs at work for employers with more than 10 employees. 
The effectiveness test found that obesity rates dropped 80% since 2016 and rates of people overweight have decreased 64% making Izaakia the least obese nation in the devolved world.
Tax received from the obesity tax peaked at £250million in 2016/17 but have fallen to £80million in the 2020/2021 tax year. 
Conversely the impact of reducing obesity rates is a 20% reduction in in hospitalisations and serious long term diseases saving the Izaakian Health Service £61billion P.A. which has been reinvested in improving facilities and health care. 
Productivity in the work place has increased by 34%, with a survey finding that regular exercise and increased health is boosting productivity.
There has also been an increase in birth rate in Izaakia, attributed partly to the reduction in obesity, with the average births per woman increasing from 1.87 in 2016/17 to 2.34 in 2020/21, although more progressive policies on childcare, parental leave and family tax laws have also contributed. 
The study suggests that these policies should be implemented in Montacia and Brodlancia territories which were not under Izaakian control at the time these policies were implemented.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 1 user Likes Izaakia's post:
  • GI-Land
#4,913

In an interview last night, Prime Minister Barrett revealed she is bereaved after her father, Darrell Fuller's, departure as Vice-Prime Minister. Vice-Prime Minister Ortiz has been asked if there are plans to re-appoint Kade Chandler as a Vice-Prime Minister. The Vice-Prime Minister responded, "How would I know? Don't be ridiculous." 

President Ortega and Vice-President Elliott were spotted playing tennis together ahead of next week's Presidential Election.
#4,914

Mr. Justice Zion Redfern, assigned to the case of former Vice-Prime Minister Stewart Gill Sexual Misconduct, is reminding the public the former Vice-Prime Minister has only been accused, not yet convicted and that he is innocent until proven guilty.
#4,915

GI-Land is in full preparation for the national day on 1 June. As one of the highlights, all musicians, who participated in the 1st Pacivision song contest perform at the big parade in Atlantis. The organisers said, that normally they would have only promoted the winner and the Gianlucian entry, but since this first edition did not have a winner, they want to give all artists, who participated, the chance to shine on a big stage once more.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
#4,916

Mac and Freeze.
Overnight an operation to round up members of the Macaroni Family cartel ended in bloodshed when IDF Special Forces opened fire on the Macaroni compound in the Montacian countryside. In what is believed to be the first time the military has been used to in force laws within Izaakia for more than 400 years the shootout resulted in 42 deaths of Macaroni Cartel members. 
Opposition leaders are accusing President Blanc of ordering a mass execution without trial, and are questioning her motives as the Macaroni Cartel controlled the Construction and Steel unions of Montacia who recently called a strike at facilities owned By the Blanc family and the Le Rogue family.
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
  • Tin the Free
#4,917

The incumbent chancellor, Tom Kirchmann, has condemned the attack on the Macaroni Family in Montacia with harsh words. "If Izaakia continues to go along the path, they seem to have chosen after the suspended referenda, I do not see, how GI-Land and the USI can cooperate with each other in the future."
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GI-Land's post:
  • Tin the Free
#4,918

President Blanc admits that Special Forces may have used excessive force against the Macaroni and has launched military enquiry which will be held behind closed doors as per military procedure to protect national interests. However, President Blanc refused to apologise saying “An Izaakian leader has never apologised, for anything, not ever, and I am not going to end that tradition because some jumped up mobsters got what they deserved.”
#4,919

The Izaakian Dictionary has announced the phrase of the year for 2020/2021 edition. The phrase is “The Izaakian Smile”, given to be defined as “A smirk accompanied by a slightly arched eyebrow that suggests all is not as it seems and something mischievous is a foot which you’re about to find out about.”.
  • Qwert
#4,920

The Gianlucian minister of sports, Lisa Mürnig, has wished good luck to all athletes participating in the first youth olympiad in Zersbach, Besern.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)