We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Map of the South Pacific
#1,831

[Image: gQM94jm.png]
as promised, the customisation.
"Maybe embarassing yourself is an Earamian thing..."
-StoicMetoik, 4:02 PM, 17/04/2022
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eareamland (canadianMaps)'s post:
  • GI-Land
#1,832

I'm on mobile currently, so I couldn't make the map myself. Sorry!

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific*:The New Dacians (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_new_dacians)
Name for the plot*: Carpathia (162), Moesia (160)
Desired plot*: 160, 162,
Capital: TÂRGOVIŞTE
Location of capital*: Central area of the southernmost river in 162, where the yellow colour meets the green.
Customisation:
Please add the following:
Cities:
București - Where 40° E meets the northernmost river of 162.
Constanța - In the bay directly below the numbers '162'.
Triaditsa - At the tallest peak of the mainland of 160.
Varna - on the eastern-most tip of 160
Features:
Name the highest mountain there as Moldoveanu Peak (2544m)
the main 2 rivers (from North to south) as Danube and Olt.
And, if possible, name the mountains of 162 as 'Carpathian Mountains' and the mountains of 160 as 'Rhodopes'.

I confirm that I have:
[X] read the instructions
[X] made sure that the plot hasn't been claimed by someone else
[X] given each plot I claim a separate name
A grand example of how you shouldn't roleplay
NationStates | The Democratic Republic of The New Dacians
#1,833

[attachment=undefined]
(04-13-2014, 07:45 AM)Qwert Wrote:
Map of the South Pacific

This is the map for the main canon of the South Pacific, for your nationbuilding and roleplaying needs.

[Image: B9wb2jq.png]
Map of the South Pacific. (The preview was updated 19/12/2021. Number of plots taken then: 141/229. Click to open in Google Slides for the latest version.)

Thematic maps

Please note that the thematic maps don't necessarily show requested customization.

The South Pacific Map and the Main Canon world
The map shows a portion of Pacifica, the planet that all main canon roleplays take place on. It has the same size as real-life Earth. There is more land on Pacifica, but we have limited roleplay to this specific area (meaning we don't normally interact with the rest of the planet).

New Player...?
...and you want to start roleplaying? First of all: Welcome! A good way of getting involved is to claim a plot and found your own nation. How? Scroll down to see "How to Make a Claim"! It is also recommended that you read the Getting Started Guide for some useful roleplaying tips and community rules.

Additional Map Resources
Some statistics
  1. There are 230 plots in total, of which 113 were claimed 15 September 2021.
  2. The highest number of plots on the map on record is 198, version 3.2.20 May 2021 and 3.2.21 June 2021.
  3. The map has been in use since 11 November 2013.

In this thread:
  1. How to Make a Claim
  2. Plot Size and Distances
  3. Change Log
  4. Archive of Announcements

This map is made by the amazing Kyle @Brutland and Norden, was maintained and updated by snuggly former Chief Cartographer Rhinotaz (Noctenos) and on a monthly basis by Qwert. There are now three map managers: @GI-Land, @Qwert and @Besern.

Posts #1-8 originally posted by B&N.

Here’s my map of Plot 218. My artistry skills are pretty poor, and I’m working on a phone, so I hope this is acceptable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

#1,834

(04-13-2014, 07:45 AM)Qwert Wrote:
#1,835

(01-02-2022, 05:02 AM)ExtraQuestionary Wrote: I'm on mobile currently, so I couldn't make the map myself. Sorry!

Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific*:The New Dacians (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_new_dacians)
Name for the plot*: Carpathia (162), Moesia (160)
Desired plot*: 160, 162,
Capital: TÂRGOVIŞTE
Location of capital*: Central area of the southernmost river in 162, where the yellow colour meets the green.
Customisation:
Please add the following:
Cities:
București - Where 40° E meets the northernmost river of 162.
Constanța - In the bay directly below the numbers '162'.
Triaditsa - At the tallest peak of the mainland of 160.
Varna - on the eastern-most tip of 160
Features:
Name the highest mountain there as Moldoveanu Peak (2544m)
the main 2 rivers (from North to south) as Danube and Olt.
And, if possible, name the mountains of 162 as 'Carpathian Mountains' and the mountains of 160 as 'Rhodopes'.

I confirm that I have:
[X] made sure that the plot hasn't been claimed by someone else
Here's the map. The app i used didn't have text available, so instead i colour-coded the cities and circled them.
[Image: eoit9Qu.png]

Dark blue = Capital (TÂRGOVIŞTE)
Purple: Constanța 
Green = București
Yellow = Triaditsa
Black = Varna
162 = Carpathia
160 = Moesia
A grand example of how you shouldn't roleplay
NationStates | The Democratic Republic of The New Dacians
#1,836

@Ryccia Your plots have been moved as wished for!

@Unkzier The Hotdog Republic was added. I hope to see them exports of tasty sausages in buns soon...

@Jeeve Latoura was added to the map. Welcome to TSP-RP!

@A Place Somewhere You received plot 144 with your country "Somewhere". Welcome in the South Pacific!

@Evinea_ Your nation was added to the map. Welcome in the South Pacific!

@Wisconsin Republic Wisconsin was added according to your customisation map.

@JST That is not how it works. You do not have a plot on the map yet, thus you're only eligible for one plot. Please resubmit one of your applications and pay attention to give all information that is asked for. Thank you.

@UltraUnity I unfortunately have bad news for you. It seems, you haven't had a plot anymore during the move of the map. Neither under the names given by you for each plot, nor under the name "UltraUnity" nor under the name "Ipugao". Thus, also to keep it fair to everyone, who wants to apply for plots on the map, and to prevent plot-hoarding, I decide, I cannot give you back all three of your old plots. Similar to JST I'd like you to decide on one plot to claim for now and then resubmit your application for that plot. I'm sorry about that, but I hope you can understand my decision.

@Pronoun The CBR has found a home on our map! The plot was not claimed btw ^^ It's cool, how you made it easier for me to copy/paste the customisation, especially as I didn't really need to fix anything, because you were sticking to our map editing rules for the most part. Ever considered becoming a member of our map management team? Tounge
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this new nation and how it will act.

@Illaois Yes, I can do that. It's sad to say farewell, but I wish you all the best for the future!

@patteverianstag Welcome to TSP-Roleplay! Your nation was added to the map!

@Eareamland (canadianMaps) Maple, your third plot has been granted and added to the map. 

@ExtraQuestionary Please refer to what I wrote to JST and UltraUnity. You are only allowed to claim one plot in the beginning. Please decide on one and resubmit your application.

@goombay Don't worry, I understand your drawing, however you did not submit a valid application for a claim, thus I cannot grant you a plot on the map. Please copy/paste and fill out the application form you find on page 1 of this thread.

@jgtdm Upon discussion with the rest of the map management team, we came to the conclusion, that one could separate a plot into multiple nations and those nations each are eligible for showing the first level of subdivisions. As the Kingdom of Emerald and the Denverian Federation are already the first subdivision of the country Emerald-Denver, the states of Emerald and Denver are not shown on the map. I tried to fit as much as I could into the plot and also corrected the border between Emerald and Denver. Hopefully it looks as you imagined it.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 2 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Qwert, UltraUnity
#1,837

(01-08-2022, 08:38 AM)GI-Land Wrote: Ever considered becoming a member of our map management team? Tounge

I never got around to asking about that, but I'd be happy to help out Happywide
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • ExtraQuestionary, GI-Land, Qwert
#1,838

b]Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific(https://www.nationstates.net/nation=new_greater_albania)*
Name for your plot[New Greater Albania]*: (The name of your country that you want to see on the map, which may be different from your NationStates nation name. Please keep it short.)
[b]Desired plot[085]*: (Please make sure the plot hasn't been claimed by checking the last few pages this thread.)
[b]Capital[TIRANA]: (UPPER CASE LETTERS please)
[b]Location of capital[below the number 8]*:
[b]Customisation
: (An image as illustration is always appreciated, accompanied by a list that allows copy/paste)

I confirm that I have:
[X] made sure that the plot hasn't been claimed by someone else since

(Mark with X)
#1,839

Hey If Possible Country name - NG Albania
#1,840

b]Link to NationStates nation in the South Pacific(https://www.nationstates.net/nation=new_greater_albania)*
Name for your plot[NG Albania]*: (The name of your country that you want to see on the map, which may be different from your NationStates nation name. Please keep it short.)
[b]Desired plot[085]*: (Please make sure the plot hasn't been claimed by checking the last few pages this thread.)
[b]Capital[TIRANA]: (UPPER CASE LETTERS please)
[b]Location of capital[below the number 8]*:
[b]Customisation
: (An image as illustration is always appreciated, accompanied by a list that allows copy/paste)

I confirm that I have:
[X] made sure that the plot hasn't been claimed by someone else since

(Mark with X)