We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Assembly Resolution on Local Council Reform

Perhaps something similar to this in that case? 
Quote:
  1. Declares intent to consider an amendment to the Charter to substantially alter or abolish the Local Council, in consultation with the gameside, should meaningful reform not be successfully enacted within the requested date.

I can't see a more pointless use of time than this proposal:  Can we just bring this to a vote and stop?

Legislator | Local Councilor | Aspiring TSP Curmudgeon
Messages archived by the Ministry Of the Regal Executive - Bureaucratic Services

I would like to give this thread a bit of a bump and begin the process of motioning this resolution to vote.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

I second the motion.

This has been brought to vote.

Interesting I didn't know the current state of LC has gotten that bad. I will support it if it will improve the system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Konsa's post:
  • philipmacaroni

This has passed.

So, who is responsible for letting the Local Council know about this threat?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I don’t think this is a threat.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(04-22-2022, 10:16 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I don’t think this is a threat.

So, telling the Local Council if they don't do what the Assembly wants, the Assembly is going to disband the LC isn't a threat?

Regardless, who amongst the Assembly is going to be notifying the LC of this resolution?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]