We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Abolish the Local Council

If abolished, would MoC have authority over Psomwhere Over the Rainbow and Knowhere? Or do they currently have jurisdiction over the roleplay regions?
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

[-] The following 1 user Likes maluhia's post:
  • Funnyman

(07-26-2022, 12:43 PM)The Lile Ulie Islands Wrote: If abolished, would MoC have authority over Psomwhere Over the Rainbow and Knowhere? Or do they currently have jurisdiction over the roleplay regions?
That’s what am trying to find out, what happens if/to the Role-play regions when the Local Council goes away, do they just disappear? Is new authority going to take them over?
Funnyman
[-] The following 1 user Likes Funnyman's post:
  • maluhia

or we could just simplfy everythng, and abolish both the LC AND the Cabinet, and just have the CRS appoint a delegate and be done with all this silliness once and for all  Smile

Legislator | Local Councilor | Aspiring TSP Curmudgeon
Messages archived by the Ministry Of the Regal Executive - Bureaucratic Services

(07-26-2022, 01:12 PM)Volaworand Wrote: or we could just simplfy everythng, and abolish both the LC AND the Cabinet, and just have the CRS appoint a delegate and be done with all this silliness once and for all  Smile

I don’t think we’ve tried a junta yet, might be exciting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drystar's post:
  • Volaworand

The Marial Law option could be fun...  I would trust the Delegate and CRS to just form/appoint/dismiss whatever bodies they desire ...  just keep the High Court as a check.

Legislator | Local Councilor | Aspiring TSP Curmudgeon
Messages archived by the Ministry Of the Regal Executive - Bureaucratic Services

Going back to my original point.
While, yes, the account
The South Pacifican Overlords of
The TSP Local Council
’ is not directly affiliated with the Local Council, it has 3 connections to the LC

1. The Name

2. It is used has a pinging tool for the LCs

3. It is in control of the Role-play region ‘Psomewhere Over the Rainbow’ which would technically fall under one of the things the LCs have to manage

Therefore something would have to be done about it if the Local Council is to be Abolished.
Funnyman
  • A bee

(07-26-2022, 02:33 AM)Jay Coop Wrote: Discussion of regional officer positions should be done so in a separate thread. Also, the Regional Officers Act lays out how these positions are allocated.

Ok thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Evinea_'s post:
  • Funnyman

The MoC already has a specific mandate in the Charter to support roleplay.

(8) The Minister of Culture will be responsible for supporting the roleplay community and organizing regional cultural activities, events, and exchanges.

Also — I can't help but feel we're letting this debate slide into semantics again. Are we focused on the actual ways in which we run things, or just concerned that something with "Local Council" in the name is possibly going to have an outdated name? Like, we've renamed stuff before. It happens. It's not the end of the world.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • HumanSanity

Another problem with abolishing the Local Council
( And this one not actually as important but I figured I would bring it up anyway ) is by abolishing the Local Council, you would completely render the Deputy Council useless.
Funnyman
  • maluhia

(07-26-2022, 06:36 PM)Funnyman Wrote: Another problem with abolishing the Local Council
( And this one not actually as important but I figured I would bring it up anyway ) is by abolishing the Local Council, you would completely render the Deputy Council useless.

The Deputy Council doesn't do much already. Name one thing a DC does.
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer