We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Discussion: Appointed Cabinet

I would like to bring up  a few discussions to move this Great Council along and ensure that we have some activity in it.

The first idea I wanted to bring up was an appointed cabinet.  The idea would be to move from an elected Cabinet to one appointed by the Delegate.  This is very common in NS and would be a change from status quo here.  I think this could be beneficial in a greater re-balancing of powers equally between the 3 branches of Government.

So how would this look?

Well the Delegate would have the ability to appoint their Cabinet with Legislative approval.  
The appointed Cabinet would serve at the pleasure of the Delegate.
The Delegate and Vice Delegate would still be elected to Office but would make for this particular election to be a lot more competitive.
We could either stay with 3 elections a year for Delegate or we could move back to a Challenge system with the major difference being a guaranteed election every 6 months.

Anyway, I am bringing this up for discussion and haven't written anything formally as this would likely involve a pretty in-depth re-write of the Charter and Laws.

Messages In This Thread
Discussion: Appointed Cabinet - by Hileville - 10-18-2015, 09:14 PM