We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CRS Statement on the Activation of Section 1(1) of the Security Powers Act

(04-05-2017, 10:34 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: I think this will be a good opportunity for both side to approach this issue with good faith and renewed confidence, and work together to ensure this investigation reaches its logical conclusion in the best way possible. I can tell you that my agenda is merely to find the truth, whether that means taking further punitive action or lifting the restrictions. If we can work together to accomplish that goal, I think this will prove that the process works.

Which is something I support and have no problem with. I have being trying for weeks to cooperate as fully as possible, and have no objection to this investigation - though I think there is no question that it has been handled extremely badly. But, at the end of the day, due process means that if there is no evidence that I have broken the law the CRS must acknowledge this. 

The SPA is not a replacement for our judicial system, nor is the CRS allowed to ignore the bill of rights.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRS Statement on the Activation of Section 1(1) of the Security Powers Act - by Belschaft - 04-05-2017, 10:42 AM